Are there more basic Factions?

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Starsiege21

Are there more basic Factions?

Post by Starsiege21 »

Sorry if this has been asked before I tried to search for any threads that would relate to this topic or if this has been posted in the wrong thread.

I am trying to create a scenario that requires splitting up the existing factions. What I am looking for is making factions into what the map editor has in regards to adding units onto the map. Ex Elves, Wose, Humans, Trolls, etc..

Is there a way to create the faction in the map editor as to what units each side is allowed to recruit?
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Re: Are there more basic Factions?

Post by WhiteWolf »

I'm not sure, but as far as I know, no.
If you are trying to write not only maps but scenarios, I strongly recommend learning WML. It's not that hard, and really enhances your limits to scenario planning. The map editor's scenario-designer is not that evolved yet, in my opinion, to write a scenario better than having a few units here and there :(
Main UMC campaigns: The Ravagers - now for 1.16, with new bugs!
Old UMC works: The Underness Series, consisting of 5 parts: The Desolation of Karlag, The Blind Sentinel, The Stone of the North, The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry, Fingerbone of Destiny
Starsiege21

Post by Starsiege21 »

Thank you WhiteWolf for your reply.
I will look into learning the WML and I hope that what I am trying to do will not be to difficult to implement.
I do hope that the map editor will evolve more with time because there is a lot of potential of what can be done in the map editor.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

Creating a new era for the purpose you describe would not be at all difficult but it cannot be done in the map editor.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."