campaign triumph wreath according to level

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
Celtic_Minstrel
Developer

Re: campaign triumph wreath according to level

Post by Celtic_Minstrel »

I mean substituting the files into the data directory and seeing what it looks like in-game. I dunno, maybe you already did that, though. (Also I'm tired right now, sorry if my words are misconstrued.)
Author of The Black Cross of Aleron campaign and Default++ era.
Former maintainer of Steelhive.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Celtic_Minstrel wrote:I mean substituting the files into the data directory and seeing what it looks like in-game. I dunno, maybe you already did that, though. (Also I'm tired right now, sorry if my words are misconstrued.)
I apologize for my hostility then, I thought it was an intentional troll. I can certainly sympathize with an ill-thought post, I've littered these forums with a lot of them.

Let me rephrase: I think it looks better to use the images I posted (though maybe all three wreaths could be improved), what do others think? This didn't seem worth a pull request.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

For what it's worth, I don't think snipping them like that is a bad idea.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

I've created a PR after all, just so it is "in the system" and accepted or rejected but not forgotten.
https://github.com/wesnoth/wesnoth/pull/1942
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

I like the snipped versions. I always found the basic laurel too large, because it overlapped some campaign icons in a funny way on the sides. Snipping them like that seems cool :)
Though it seems to be a bit inconsistent: the golden and the silver ones have a pointed end on both sides, whereas the bronze has a flat, or two-pointed ends, I hope you see what I mean. Maybe adding one more leaf to the bronze's ends would look better?
Main UMC campaigns: The Ravagers - now for 1.16, with new bugs!
Old UMC works: The Underness Series, consisting of 5 parts: The Desolation of Karlag, The Blind Sentinel, The Stone of the North, The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry, Fingerbone of Destiny