santiaguete is on the pencils (portraits)

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
santiaguete

santiaguete is on the pencils (portraits)

Post by santiaguete »

Hi I am new in this community and in the videogames world, I came from the comic book World.
I love battle for wesnoth since i install my first Ubunto at 2007-2008 and I always wish to do some portraits for the game,
Now after a very busy years, I have some time to Spend, and I'll be publishin in this same post, some protraits if anyone would suggest me some specific portrait to do, I'll do it next, when i 'll have some free time.

Elf archer

Ancient Lyche

Uber Southern Era: Aracanese Acolyte

Uber Southern Era: Aracanese Bowman

Uber Northern Era: Bird Master

Uber Southern Era: Aracanese Citizen

Uber Southern era: Aracanese slinger

any suggestion is good to improve!
Last edited by santiaguete on August 22nd, 2017, 12:20 pm, edited 8 times in total.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Re: santiaguete is on the pencils

Post by zookeeper »

As far as technical specs go, it should be about 2x bigger and shouldn't be cropped at the right edge (nor top).
Eagle_11

Post by Eagle_11 »

If you feel like can do an portrait for any of the units in my eras that already doesnt have an portrait, then that would be great.
link to units:
https://units.wesnoth.org/1.12/Uber_Def ... thern.html
just dont ask me how they are exactly supposed to look like, simply look at the figure, read its description(if has any) and draw whatever imagination comes alive in your head.
key points to keep in mind would be: aracenese people look Latin or Spaniard, Southerners have darker skin than Northerner orks, Saracens are middle-easterners, Nomads supposed to be looking like bedouins, Vaeringjar are vikings, Primevalist cult composed of villains. everything else pretty much up to you.
santiaguete

Post by santiaguete »

thx for your reply Zookeeper.
the next will be no cropped at the rigth edge.
but I have a little problem with the size, I do the image at 400x400 and Png, I just check the file, but I don't know How publish in the forum in the original size.
to upload this file I publish on my blog and copy the URL of the link. Maybe it's a better way to do it I don't know.
THX
GunChleoc
Translator

Post by GunChleoc »

You can attach images to your posts here in bigger size.
santiaguete

Post by santiaguete »

Eagle_11 wrote:If you feel like can do an portrait for any of the units in my eras that already doesnt have an portrait, then that would be great.
link to units:
just dont ask me how they are exactly supposed to look like, simply look at the figure, read its description(if has any) and draw whatever imagination comes alive in your head.
key points to keep in mind would be: aracenese people look Latin or Spaniard, Southerners have darker skin than Northerner orks, Saracens are middle-easterners, Nomads supposed to be looking like bedouins, Vaeringjar are vikings, Primevalist cult composed of villains. everything else pretty much up to you.
Ok, eagle_11, what protrait do you Prefer I'll begin? now I'm doing a lyche, but when I finish I can do one of your eras
EDIT: cause I have a lot of free time today I'll do the first of the list, the acolyte. But I prefer if you tell me wich are more important to be some selective
Eagle_11

Post by Eagle_11 »

Now that you have done the Aracanese Acolyte feel free to finish that unit-line, if you fancy.
I would have no objections if youd like to do some more of Aracanese too.
Edit: Try something for the level 3 Birdmaster in Uber Northern.
santiaguete

Post by santiaguete »

Eagle_11 wrote:Now that you have done the Aracanese Acolyte feel free to finish that unit-line, if you fancy.
It's better if I do Low units or High level ones?
Eagle_11

Post by Eagle_11 »

santiaguete wrote:
Eagle_11 wrote:Now that you have done the Aracanese Acolyte feel free to finish that unit-line, if you fancy.
It's better if I do Low units or High level ones?
Higher level units tend to have more bling, so if you like to draw something more detailed go for them.
Edit: Had suggest Bird Master because you can probably make it look good.
santiaguete

Post by santiaguete »

Ok, Eagle_11. Uber Southern Era: Aracanese Acolyte, Uber Southern Era: Aracanese Bowman and Uber Northern Era: Bird Master are Done
Wussel

Re: santiaguete is on the pencils (portraits)

Post by Wussel »

This is the hottest new stuff for some time now!

About the Elf Archer:
You could mirror it. Or you could just expand it to like 500x500 and finish the bow.

About the bird man:
There are regions with hard shadows. Some people would call it cell shading. Maybe some blending would be nice.

Anyway awesome style! The (color intensity?) hue might be a bit stronger than usual, but very nice.

One more: These do not look like pencil sketches to me. It looks more like finished digital portraits too me. But maybe I am confused? Can't wait to see more.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Welcome to the forum! It is great to see another artist contributing to the UMC add-ons, these new portraits look great! :D
santiaguete

Post by santiaguete »

The_Gnat wrote:Welcome to the forum! It is great to see another artist contributing to the UMC add-ons, these new portraits look great! :D
thank you.

in other way of things, I was thinking if i'm doing in the correcto format to see te images ingame in the future