The Gnats Franken Dungeon

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
The_Gnat

Re: The Gnats Franken Dungeon

Post by The_Gnat »

Thank you forest dragon i will have a look at oath of allegiance.

@ Lord Lewis - Thank you for that both of those are good sprites, and probably won't need very much editing. (unfortunately I doubt i will be able to work on the khalifate for a few weeks)
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

Oh yes I know what that is now, I haven't played the campaign yet but I downloaded it. Also what is the Khalifate faction based on?
Attachments
Wyvern rider
Wyvern rider
wyvern_linebreaker.png (7.33 KiB) Viewed 4209 times
Rasikh advancement
Rasikh advancement
hurasch.png (4.28 KiB) Viewed 4209 times
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Wow, i didn't realize how many awesome khalifate sprites there are. Those will be really good for the add-on!

What i wonder though, what should i name the advancements of the khalifate? The khalifate have such wierd names it would be hard to come up with advancements for them... :P
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Here is the Wizards and Warlords Advanced Game now with tiers. Also i made some changes as suggested by Forest Dragon to improve the Base Game (most notable change is the color change for silver tier cards)
Wizards and Warlords - Base Game - (tier) - v4.pdf
(2.29 MiB) Downloaded 277 times

These new versions (with tiers) improve the cards, so they look better, but also i have slightly re-arranged the cards so that they are better distributed between the games and i have fixed much of the text (with help from Forest Dragon).

EDIT: (Before any one notices, i have uploaded a new version, it adds 1 card to a spot i had forgotten to put a card in and fixes a fist that was named "torch" :mrgreen: )
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Here is an update for the tokens pdf. It now includes 5 skip turn tokens.

Also note: when playing the warlords game mode, instead of keeping track of the damage inflicted with a sheet of paper you can use the life tokens in reverse. For each damage you inflict you gain 1 life token. (start from 0) See the rules pdf for more info about the warlord game mode.
Wizards and Warlords - tokens.pdf
(308.91 KiB) Downloaded 179 times
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Here is an update for the base and advanced games. It fixes more errors and changes a few cards so that the fire/water/lightning elements are more evenly distributed. Main changes include Revenge which is now the element water, the removal of a duplicate "torch" in the base game, and grammer fixes. Also here is an update of the rule book. It adds in a section about wizards (removing the rules about werewolves), which i will make tiers for soon, and is more clear about some rules.
Rules.pdf
(601.29 KiB) Downloaded 238 times
Wizards and Warlords - Base Game - (tier) - v5.pdf
(2.33 MiB) Downloaded 162 times
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

Here are some portraits (that I made :D ) for a few human units. There is a sentinel portrait which is basically the royal guard with an elven flag on his back. I also just felt like making a dragon rider portrait as well. :) And finally my personal favorite is the executioner, it is based off of the sprite. :) Hope this helps.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Last edited by Lordlewis on August 31st, 2017, 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Awesome!!! Those are all perfect :D ! Did you make these?
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

Yes I did, I've very proud of my self. :D 8) Also here are some more portraits, sorry for all the space taken up by these photos.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Last edited by Lordlewis on August 31st, 2017, 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

WOWWW!!! Awesome!! :D :D Those are all perfect!

(Also you can put the pictures into a section and make it easier to see if you click "place image in line" and select the image that has been inserted and click the button "spoiler" at the menu bar. That way it does not use up so much room on the post!)

I will add all of these to the portrait add-on soon! Just one comment, the Auxiliary's head crown is slightly crooked. :)
Vulpine

Post by Vulpine »

A few nitpicks: I'm not particularly fond of the way the dragon's wing covers up his rider. The armored highwayman's helmet looks... well, I suppose if I bring attention to it, you'll see the anatomical tragedy happening there. The back of his helmet shouldn't be in front of his shoulders. The last thing - and this one is truly trivial - is that the auxiliary should have a crossbow visible in the portrait (assuming he's the unit I'm thinking of). But please keep in mind that my aesthetic palate is somewhat less refined than most peoples'. Other than what I mentioned, I would say they are quite beautiful.

(And if you're worried about them taking up space you can put them in a section or spoiler tag.) Never mind. The_Gnat said it first.
One foot in my mouth, and one in the grave; that's the way I like it, and that's the way it'll stay.
[shameless_advertising]
Also the author of Elvish Incursion, a short little prologue.
[/shameless_advertising]
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

Yes I may try to fix the dragon rider (some how), also did you look at the very bottom of the photo Vulpine? There is a stick with sting (it looks a bit like a crossbow) and thanks for the space saving tip. :D
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Again: Great Job! Those are also very good portraits. I personally like the juggernaut best it looks very intimidating 8) The undead also look very good. I appreciate that you have taken the time to draw all these portraits for my add-on!

By the way if you look back in my thread a few pages you will see i have already made a portrait for the maelstrom (similar to what you did with the hurricane drake) but i hadn't uploaded it yet because i didn't want to make people re-download the portrait add-on until i had a larger amount of new portraits.

Also, if you don't mind would you edit your previous post with the five portraits and put spoilers around them? :D
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Here are some new event cards and an update to the tokens page which has now duration tokens. :D
Wizards and Warlords - tokens.pdf
(314.1 KiB) Downloaded 184 times
Last edited by The_Gnat on September 1st, 2017, 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

Remember how I found a really cool sea monster portrait? I made a sprite so it can be used. Anyone can tell me what I should edit on this sprite. Also The_gnat please don't forget the portraits (considering there are so many) :)
Spoiler:
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!