The Ravagers - SP campaign - [Feedback and development]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Re: The Ravagers - SP campaign - [Feedback and development]

Postby ydcl » August 24th, 2017, 10:30 pm

I use debug mode for testing, but if I miss an important event, then I'm going to play on normal mode to continue.
ydcl

Postby WhiteWolf » August 26th, 2017, 7:38 pm

You say you received an unknown 'ravager longbowman' unit type error. I've scanned the code of that scenario, and ravager longbowmen are not mentioned once. I can't reproduce the bug. Again, without a replay, or without elaboration on exactly how to reproduce that bug (what to recruit, where to go, what enemy to kill, which turn it was, generally what you did before it occured (which is the reason why replays are cool ;) )), I don't know what else to do.
That is a map with Cormac vs. elves. Ravagers do not spawn, they are not supposed to be recalled or recruited. Without further data, my only guess is that you jumped something in debug mode.
Author of the Underness Series, consisting of V parts: The Desolation of Karlag, The Blind Sentinel, The Stone of the North, The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry, Fingerbone of Destiny
Standalone works: The Ravagers - now published!
WhiteWolf
Forum Regular

Postby ydcl » August 27th, 2017, 10:21 am

When I type :n in debug mode this scenario don't load. Maybe is because I need to do something in the previous one.
ydcl

Postby WhiteWolf » August 27th, 2017, 8:35 pm

Do not use :n on Trails of a Mage scenario.

This is what's causing is problem. You mustn't jump over the map, because events from the end are missing that twist the side values. This is what's throwing you the unknown ravager type error (I managed to reproduce it this way). This is what I wrote 2 posts ago, that using debugging will get you mysterious errors.

If you insist on jumping through the map without playing, just spawn a unit nearby, and move it to that bloody hut tile.....

EDITED:
OK, the game crashes with this error message, because there is indeed a typo in the code, I fixed that for the sake of being bug-free, but still, the previous recommendation applies - jumping that map with :n will result in a crippled gamestate always. (units won't be unstored).

EDITED:
Info on 1.0.17: I'm trying to finish my hungarian translation, and then update to 1.0.17. It will contain the fix to this issue, higher aggression to trolls on map20, and a rebalance to map6. :)
Author of the Underness Series, consisting of V parts: The Desolation of Karlag, The Blind Sentinel, The Stone of the North, The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry, Fingerbone of Destiny
WhiteWolf
Forum Regular

Postby WhiteWolf » September 12th, 2017, 4:13 pm

I've finally uploaded 1.0.17 with the following changes:
1.0.17 Change log:

Two complete translations have been added: German, thanks to Chewan, and my Hungarian translation.
I have updated the front page accordingly.
Development won't stop, future versions will bring lots of polishing and fine-tuning. :)

Best,
WhiteWolf
WhiteWolf
Forum Regular

Previous

Return to Scenario & Campaign Development