Wesnoth 1.13.8 (1.14 Beta 1)

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

zepko

Re: Wesnoth 1.13.8 (1.14 Beta 1)

Post by zepko »

Celtic_Minstrel wrote:This sounds like #1736, which should already be fixed for 1.13.9.
Yes, that seems to be the case. Good to know it's already fixed!
Poison

Post by Poison »

I'm playing the mainline campaigns at 1.13.8 (Ubuntu 16.04.3 TLS). So far ,I've noticed the following issues: 1) Hotkeys aren't working (no hotkey works in main menu and space doesn't work in-game) and 2) The widescreen theme is messed up, the terrain description and clock, instead of being at the top right, they are overlapping gold. Here is the screenshot of the issue:

Wide theme issue

Is it just me?
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Poison wrote:I'm playing the mainline campaigns at 1.13.8 (Ubuntu 16.04.3 TLS). So far ,I've noticed the following issues: 1) Hotkeys aren't working (no hotkey works in main menu and space doesn't work in-game) and 2) The widescreen theme is messed up, the terrain description and clock, instead of being at the top right, they are overlapping gold. Here is the screenshot of the issue:

Wide theme issue

Is it just me?
#1 is a known issue.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Celtic_Minstrel
Developer

Post by Celtic_Minstrel »

I've been working on fixing the widescreen theme (which has other issues besides what you just mentioned), but it's been progressing slowly. Even so, I think it's likely that it'll be ready for 1.13.9.
Author of The Black Cross of Aleron campaign and Default++ era.
Former maintainer of Steelhive.
Poison

Post by Poison »

Pentarctagon wrote:#1 is a known issue.
I didn't understand a thing in the link you've posted so I just re-assigned the end unit turn button to another key. I can live without the others. I just mentioned it so it will be fixed for everyone not just locally.
Celtic_Minstrel wrote:I've been working on fixing the widescreen theme (which has other issues besides what you just mentioned), but it's been progressing slowly. Even so, I think it's likely that it'll be ready for 1.13.9.
You mean how the units are depicted right? I saw that too. Glad to know someone is onto this, it's a really nice theme and I'm keen on using it.

Thank you both for your answers.
Mint

Post by Mint »

Windows 10 - Double clicking to select an add-on in the remove add-ons screen kicks you back to the main menu.
Celtic_Minstrel
Developer

Poison wrote:You mean how the units are depicted right? I saw that too. Glad to know someone is onto this, it's a really nice theme and I'm keen on using it.
I was also thinking about removing the damage prediction graph from the theme. (Of course you could still view it from the attack window, but it seems to me that it's too much clutter to be showing in the sidebars.)
Poison

Post by Poison »

There is damage prediction in the sidebars? Sounds like a nice feature (I also checked it, it IS nice, what are those numbers though, what is 7e + 01). Don't remove that, the sidebars should be functional, not just a black nothing imho.
Last edited by Poison on August 26th, 2017, 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Celtic_Minstrel
Developer

In my opinion, it takes up too much space. Still, if you think it's nice, I guess I can leave it in for now, and make it work better as well.
zepko

Post by zepko »

I tried to 'droid' an AI-controlled side in a single player scenario. I got the following message

Code: Select all

*droid* Error: Can't droid a local ai side: '2'
Why? This was possible in version 1.12 and I found it useful to test how a scenario behaves if I artificially move units in some positions.
zepko

Post by zepko »

Double post to report two different issues. Please, merge them if you prefer.

In the story part at the beginning of scenarios, if I click on the arrow to go the next message 'too quickly', that is, before the text has fully appeared, the text background is not shaded as it should be. There is a brighter rectangle. See the images below to understand.
What happens:
Spoiler:
How it should be:
Spoiler:
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

I think I fixed the issue with the storyscreen for 1.13.9.
Creator of Shadows of Deception (for 1.12) and co-creator of the Era of Chaos (for 1.12/1.13).
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
What happens when you get scared half to death...twice?
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

zepko wrote:I tried to 'droid' an AI-controlled side in a single player scenario. I got the following message

Code: Select all

*droid* Error: Can't droid a local ai side: '2'
Why? This was possible in version 1.12 and I found it useful to test how a scenario behaves if I artificially move units in some positions.
There this was probably the srult on sone changed on how controller changes work (in particular we fixed a 1.12 bug that for example when you droided a side to play the game for you and then that ai won the game it was sometimes counded as a loost since you wouldn't contrl that side anymore).

Unthil this is fixed i reccomend to write a simpel addon with a contextmenu events that changes the sides control via modify_side
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

While it is around 30 lines, it took me Lua + [insert_tag] to manage side controlling.
beetlenaut
Developer

Post by beetlenaut »

Labels don't zoom. I'm not sure if this is a bug, an oversight, too much trouble, or what, but it can definitely look awkward.
Attachments
temp.png
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide