Post by The_Gnat »

One more ship (as requested by Fae Lord) without a insignia:
Attachments
darkynfell_ship3.png
darkynfell_ship3.png (6.81 KiB) Viewed 4167 times
The_Gnat

Re: The Gnats Franken Dungeon

Post by The_Gnat »

Again thanks to ForestDragon i have created many new cards. I have now split the game into three different pdf's. This allows players to only play the base game, or to use the advanced cards, or to use the werewolf cards (allowing wolf transformation to be a larger part of the game).

So now the game has four parts:

The Base Game (nothing new here)
Wizards and Warlords - base game.pdf
(1.05 MiB) Downloaded 320 times
The Advanced Cards v2 (with all the special advanced cards)
Wizards and Warlords - advanced - v2.pdf
(2.13 MiB) Downloaded 294 times
The Wolf Cards (with many cards relating to the werewolf game)
Wizards and Warlords - wolf.pdf
(764.96 KiB) Downloaded 415 times
The Event Cards v2 (including many new events)
Wizards and Warlords events - v2.pdf
(940.68 KiB) Downloaded 244 times
In total there are about 240 cards and 32 events. But that is ALOT, which is why i split it into multiple pdf's so you can download or print only the cards you want. I recommend for new players to play using just he base game. And for players who are starting to find the game dull the advanced cards and wolf cards definitely fix that problem! :D
COPYRIGHT
All rules and text are copyrighted 2017 nathansoftware.com under the CC BY-NC-ND 4.0,

All images from the battle for wesnoth (wesnoth.org) under the GPL (version 3 or later), unless otherwise stated.

This means that:

All ATR WORK is: "free to use" and do what ever you want with!! And if anyone finds artwork they have made in the game please tell me and i will credit them!
Spoiler:
However, all RULES, and TEXT are copyrighted by myself (nathansoftware.com) (this is merely a precaution because i would prefer my game not ending up for sale somewhere), as i said before it is copyrighted under the CC BY-NC-ND which means: legally you Can Not make any money off of this game, you Must credit me, and you Can Not modify this game.
I decided to add this statement because it is important that no one rips off my idea ;)
Last edited by The_Gnat on August 18th, 2017, 4:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Here is the new release, the main changes have been made to the wolf game. Especially thanks to Forest Dragon many new cards have been added. (Approximately 30 new cards have been added to the wolf and a few have been added to the advanced and base game, see a full list of the changed cards below) Also all duration cards now have a clock icon at the bottom left.
Spoiler:
Furthermore the rules have also been updated. Noticeable changes are: More clarity, new game modes that can be played, and a list of terms.

The Base Game (version 2)
Wizards and Warlords - base game - v2.pdf
(2.18 MiB) Downloaded 365 times
The Advanced Cards v3 (with all the special advanced cards)
Wizards and Warlords - advanced - v3.pdf
(2.15 MiB) Downloaded 389 times
The Wolf Cards (with many cards relating to the werewolf game)
Wizards and Warlords - wolf - v2.pdf
(2.15 MiB) Downloaded 426 times
The Rules v2 (the thing every game must have)
Rules.pdf
(592.03 KiB) Downloaded 232 times
COPYRIGHT
All rules and text are copyrighted 2017 nathansoftware.com under the CC BY-NC-ND 4.0,

All images from the battle for wesnoth (wesnoth.org) under the GPL (version 3 or later), unless otherwise stated.

This means that:

All ATR WORK is: "free to use" and do what ever you want with!! And if anyone finds artwork they have made in the game please tell me and i will credit them!
Spoiler:
However, all RULES and TEXT are copyrighted by myself (nathansoftware.com) (this is merely a precaution because i would prefer my game not ending up for sale somewhere), as i said before it is copyrighted under the CC BY-NC-ND which means: legally you Can Not make any money off of this game, you Must credit me, and you Can Not modify this game.
Last edited by The_Gnat on August 18th, 2017, 4:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Also here are some life tokens as suggested by forest dragon. Basically each player takes the amount of tokens for the hitpoints he has (8 tokens for 8 hitpoints). Very simple :D
Wizards and Warlords - tokens.pdf
(298.98 KiB) Downloaded 229 times
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

If you are looking for more drake or naga try these sprites.
Attachments
sentinel.png
sentinel.png (1.39 KiB) Viewed 3929 times
lord.png
lord.png (4.05 KiB) Viewed 3929 times
major.png
major.png (3.77 KiB) Viewed 3929 times
swordmaster.png
swordmaster.png (4.38 KiB) Viewed 3929 times
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

@ lord lewis - thank you, i don't know if i will be doing anything more with the naga but definitely with the drakes thank you!

And here is a new pdf i have re-themed the werewolves into wizards:
Wizards and Warlords - wizards.pdf
(2.56 MiB) Downloaded 298 times
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

The last wizards pdf was put together i a bit of a rush and so had many... many mistakes :P . Thanks to ForestDragon (who is now officially the co-creator of this game) i have fixed the errors:
Wizards and Warlords - wizards.pdf
(1.23 MiB) Downloaded 534 times
As i may have mentioned this "wizards" pack replaces the werewolf pack. There are now no werewolves in the game because of strategic deficiency in the werewolf idea, but there may soon be a new type of character known as Warlord who will fill the role of the werewolf and add new interesting features. That idea is still in progress however. :D

(note: that changes i make to this game are always open to ideas, though i may not entirely agree with someones opinion i am happy to hear any opinions or alternate ideas and happy to add in alternate rules to allow for different ideas. Basically what i am saying is: "I removed the werewolves but this game is supposed to be fun to play so if anyone wants them back i am happy to quickly make a pdf with just the werewolf cards. And the same applies to anything else i do with this game."
Last edited by The_Gnat on August 16th, 2017, 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

The_Gnat wrote:another note: that being said, it is worth noting that this game is copyrighted under the CC BY-NC-ND which means: legally you Can Not make any money off of this game, you Must credit me, and you Can Not modify this game. So if you want changes made tell me and i will make them for you!) :D
I'm not a lawyer, but are you sure you're able to do that? Wesnoth's art is licensed under the GPL, and I don't believe you're able to unilaterally relicense derivative GPL'd works.

But if it is, you should probably clarify your opening post, which says:
The_Gnat wrote:And by the way all this stuff is free to use and most can be found in my 5 Lords Reign add-on.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Pentarctagon wrote:Wesnoth's art is licensed under the GPL, and I don't believe you're able to unilaterally relicense derivative GPL'd works.
No, you can’t, unless the copyright holder expressly grants you permission to do that.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Whoops :D

Yes both you and shadowm are absolutely correct. Thank you for catching this mistake of mine. I should have been more clear that it was in relation to the ideas and text not the images (which, as mentioned, are copyrighted under the GPL).

I will restate:

All rules and text is copyrighted 2017 nathansoftware.com under the CC BY-NC-ND 4.0,

This means that:

Spoiler:
However, all RULES, and TEXT are copyrighted by myself (nathansoftware.com) (this is merely a precaution because i would prefer my game not ending up for sale somewhere), as i said before it is copyrighted under the CC BY-NC-ND which means: legally you Can Not make any money off of this game, you Must credit me, and you Can Not modify this game.

@ Shadowm & Pentaractagon - i am not a lawyer so is this an appropriate restating of the copyright? (please tell me if i do anything else that is in violation of copyright!)
Last edited by The_Gnat on August 18th, 2017, 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Firstly, Wesnoth.org does not own copyright on anything. The closest entity is the Battle for Wesnoth Project (which is an informal organization and does hold copyright on some things) and Wesnoth Inc (which is a formal organization but does not own copyright on anything yet either). Most of Wesnoth’s content is copyrighted by the individuals who created it.

You also cannot copyright an idea — that would fall under the purview of the patents system in IP law. You cannot copyright names either — those are covered by trademark law where applicable.

I’ll also note that the exact rules for works entering the public domain and thus having their copyright automatically revoked varies from country to country, and in some cases, the original copyright owner or their descendants are able to extend copyright beyond the original expiration date (see also: the Walt Disney Company).

Finally, neither of us are lawyers either, so anything we say does not constitute legal advice.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Thank you for the quick response! :D
Firstly, Wesnoth.org does not own copyright on anything. The closest entity is the Battle for Wesnoth Project (which is an informal organization and does hold copyright on some things) and Wesnoth Inc (which is a formal organization but does not own copyright on anything yet either). Most of Wesnoth’s content is copyrighted by the individuals who created it.
Instead should i say "All images from the battle for wesnoth (wesnoth.org)" ?
You also cannot copyright an idea — that would fall under the purview of the patents system in IP law. You cannot copyright names either — those are covered by trademark law where applicable.
Okay, yes that makes sense so would that also apply to rules and gameplay?
shadowm wrote:Finally, neither of us are lawyers either, so anything we say does not constitute legal advice.
Recognized. However, I think that just by saying that statement you prove that you have enough knowledge of legal advice to be worth consulting ;) and I thank you for your help! :)
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

Here is the full animation of the Sword and Sword Master Drakes. I do not take any credit for the sprites. I just found them in a add-on called "Brave Wings". Anyone feel free to have a look.
Attachments
Unit_sprites.rar
Drake sprites
(203.53 KiB) Downloaded 194 times
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Okay great thank you! :D
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

The_Gnat wrote:
shadowm wrote:You also cannot copyright an idea — that would fall under the purview of the patents system in IP law. You cannot copyright names either — those are covered by trademark law where applicable.
Okay, yes that makes sense so would that also apply to rules and gameplay?
The written rules sounds like it would make sense - it's basically the opposite (images GPL, text CC) of what Wesnoth is aiming for (images CC, code GPL). I don't know how you can copyright the actual gameplay though.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code