Feedback for Hunter

Review and rate user-made single and multiplayer campaigns and scenarios.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Yeti88

Feedback for Hunter

Post by Yeti88 »

Hello, I would really appriciate it if the players of my campaign could give me some feedback by answering these questions:

- What version did you play?
- How much did you enjoy the game? (/10)
- What would you like to see different?
- Were there any spelling mistakes? (I'm 14 and talk Dutch and translated it on my own, so don't be shy and gimme the hole lot of them!)
- Did you find any bugs? (Screenshots will help!)
- How difficult did you find the scenario (/5)
- What were the biggest challenges you came across in the scenario?
- What part in peculiar did/didn't you like?
- Are there any changes that you would like to see?

Thanks for your time!
by 'Thor the God'

The Yeti - A peace loving creature that lives on his own. Yet, when necessary, he can deal an unbelievable amount of violence.
iMakepeace

Re: Feedback for Hunter

Post by iMakepeace »

I played version 1.10.

This campaign is unfinished, so I can't give it a mark out of ten until I know how it ends; however, I certainly enjoyed playing it and am looking forward to the ending. As for the spelling mistakes... you did very well considering English isn't your first language, and I doubt I could do so well in, say, French. However, there are rather a lot of them. Rather than list them all here, I'd be prepared to do a rewrite for you if you were interested.

You have some good ideas in this campaign, but I think some of them need a little more work to put into practice effectively. For instance, there's your drunk. Your drunk is a wonderful idea, but unfortunately he's invisible! It happens that I have a small image of a drunk which would fit into Wesnoth, drawn by me, which you would be welcome to use; however, I'm afraid I don't have time to offer to do the spriting for him. Perhaps you could use the Peasant sprites along with my portrait image?

Your "Strider" is also a good idea, but he's a bit too powerful for the enemies he's up against. I completed the 100-turn scenario in, I think, four or five turns, simply by sending him through the trees to ambush the enemy leader while the rest of the party kept the other units occupied. The enemy leader didn't know what had hit him. I think you need some more enemies in that scenario in particular to make it worth the number of turns.

Overall... nice campaign, good ideas, simple but effective storyline. Keep it up!
Stranger in Wesnoth - The Elf, the Dwarf and the Mage - Add's Army - Sleuth Sisters - Return of Sir Charles - Comrades in Arms - Thrugbad the Good
Yeti88

Post by Yeti88 »

Thank you very much for giving me your opinion! I have been waiting for a reply for quite some time now, so I practically flew out of my seat when I saw it. :D About the drunk though, it's really good you told me that, 'cause it works fine on my PC. I'll have to check on that. Thanks for the feedback, otherwise I would never have found out! The image should be fine though. I got it from ageless era, so maybe the computer had a problem with the source. Nevertheless, I would still be interested in your drawing, especially since it's got spirits and a basic game-image, but lacks a portrait. Furthermore, I did mean for you to use strider as an assassin, but I may have underestimated his power. On top of that, I don't completely get the programming behind the objectives and the money that is transferred to the next level, so I wouldn't be surprised that I made mistakes there. You see, I ment for you to have a lot of turns, but not get a lot of money of them... But overal, I'm pretty proud of it and thank you for the positive feedback! It's a good motivator. ;)
by 'Thor the God'

The Yeti - A peace loving creature that lives on his own. Yet, when necessary, he can deal an unbelievable amount of violence.
iMakepeace

Post by iMakepeace »

You're very welcome!

If you drop me a private message with your e-mail address, I'll send the image over. And if you finish the campaign, I'll give it another run-through and let you know what I think. :)
Stranger in Wesnoth - The Elf, the Dwarf and the Mage - Add's Army - Sleuth Sisters - Return of Sir Charles - Comrades in Arms - Thrugbad the Good
Graaaaaa

Post by Graaaaaa »

Duh...

Code: Select all

The following add-on had errors and could not be loaded:
    C:/Documents and Settings/.../Battle for Wesnoth 1.12.6/userdata/data/add-ons/Hunter/_main.cfg

Details:

Macro/file '~add-ons/Hunter/utils' is missing
    at ~add-ons\\Hunter\\_main.cfg:77
Free as a bird
Yeti88

Post by Yeti88 »

I'm awfully sorry about that, first time I see about this glitch, could you perhaps tell me which version of Wesnoth you're playing and I'll be sure to look into it.
by 'Thor the God'

Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

You have not uploaded utils folder.
Yeti88

Post by Yeti88 »

Ok, I think I got an idea of the problem. However, in order to fix it, I would have to do a new update that has been lying around unfinished for some time now and will most likely take more time to finish. If I were to update now, best case scenario, the last bit wouldn't be playable and have spoilers, worst case scenario, the whole thing wouldn't work at all. Long story short, It's going to take some time before this gets fixed, sorry guys.
by 'Thor the God'