Contribute art for mainline Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Kwandulin
Art Contributor

Re: Mainline campaign sprites and animations needed

Post by Kwandulin »

doofus-01 wrote:All that said, what is the status of these? I was testing the flesh golem in the first scenario and was confronted with the Quenoth elves... Is anyone still working on them [...]?
I'd at least like to finish the mystic line. The L4 has now reduced height, the Sun Singer has doofus' skirt and wilder hair (I don't like the red hair so I've left that out) and I've removed the orphaned pixels as pointed out by Zerovirus and did some further cleanups.
Attachments
mystic-line.zip
(18.97 KiB) Downloaded 481 times
Coffee
Inactive Developer

Post by Coffee »

zookeeper wrote:
doofus-01 wrote:One (of many) project(s) that I neglected was finishing the princess animations.
Almost forgot about this one, so it's now in too.
What about the tutorial? Should the animations for Konrad and the princess be added there also?
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Coffee wrote:What about the tutorial? Should the animations for Konrad and the princess be added there also?
Oh duh, I (again) forgot the tutorial. Yeah, I'll port them over there too.
Kwandulin
Art Contributor

Post by Kwandulin »

First attempt at the Quenoth Flanker, basing on sleepwalkers unused bowshooter. The blowgun needs more work: I am not sure how to put so much info into so little space, without the blowgun looking like a bazooka.

Ideas?

Edit: added the ranger
Attachments
ranger.png
ranger.png (3.1 KiB) Viewed 8174 times
flanker.png
flanker.png (2.85 KiB) Viewed 8294 times
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Kwandulin wrote:I'd at least like to finish the mystic line. The L4 has now reduced height, the Sun Singer has doofus' skirt and wilder hair (I don't like the red hair so I've left that out) and I've removed the orphaned pixels as pointed out by Zerovirus and did some further cleanups.
Seems good to me. I might tweak the Mystic's elbow or some other minor bits.
Kwandulin wrote:First attempt at the Quenoth Flanker, basing on sleepwalkers unused bowshooter. The blowgun needs more work: I am not sure how to put so much info into so little space, without the blowgun looking like a bazooka.

Ideas?

Edit: added the ranger
I don't think the arm-facing-directly-towards-the-camera thing works clearly enough at a scale that small, but other than that they look very nice and suitably distinct.
Kwandulin
Art Contributor

Post by Kwandulin »

I don't think the arm-facing-directly-towards-the-camera thing works clearly enough at a scale that small, but other than that they look very nice and suitably distinct.
Alright, I changed the position of the arm:
Attachments
flanker.png
flanker.png (2.99 KiB) Viewed 8047 times
Shiki
Developer

Post by Shiki »

What looks strange to me is the thing at her left leg. On first sight it looked like a shield, but I guess it's meant to be a bag. But even as shield it's a bit strange.
Try out the dark board theme.
Coffee
Inactive Developer

Post by Coffee »

zookeeper wrote:
Coffee wrote:What about the tutorial? Should the animations for Konrad and the princess be added there also?
Oh duh, I (again) forgot the tutorial. Yeah, I'll port them over there too.
Just letting you know that I copied the princess animations from HttT to the tutorial as well so they aren't forgotten. They are some nice smooth animations.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Ok, the Mystic and Flanker lines are in now. I did a slight tweak to the arm of the Mystic, widened the hips of the Shaman a bit, and did a few minor offset adjustments.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

UtBS is important for the upcoming release, I believe. I know this wasn't requested, but I thought the daemon could be improved:
demon.gif
demon.gif (2.15 KiB) Viewed 7148 times
If that looks OK, I'll get some animation frames for it.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

That looks great :D ,

Also i haven't noticed any activity on the story art or portraits for UTBS has Lord Bob stopped working on this or is he just busy. (i can sympathize with business i have had so little time recently :hmm: )
Last edited by The_Gnat on November 23rd, 2017, 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

LordBob is still working on the portraits, he's just been very busy. But he should be done soon.
Creator of Shadows of Deception (for 1.12) and co-creator of the Era of Chaos (for 1.12/1.13).
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
What happens when you get scared half to death...twice?
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

vultraz wrote:LordBob is still working on the portraits, he's just been very busy. But he should be done soon.
Thats great i look forward to the new revised UTBS, i played it once before but with all the new sprites and portraits i am sure their is going to be large improvement! 8)
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

doofus-01 wrote:UtBS is important for the upcoming release, I believe. I know this wasn't requested, but I thought the daemon could be improved:
demon.gif
If that looks OK, I'll get some animation frames for it.
Yeah, looks great. It's a one-off unit so I'll happily put that to use even without animations, but if you want to make them that's great too. Probably better not to use the current frames as a template though, since that animation rather sucks.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

zookeeper wrote:Yeah, looks great. It's a one-off unit so I'll happily put that to use even without animations, but if you want to make them that's great too. Probably better not to use the current frames as a template though, since that animation rather sucks.
I opened a PR here, since it involved changing the unit CFG file too. Never mind, I merged it.

EDIT:
I don't know if this is help, or a waste of time, but I was tempted to brush up the Quenoth Ranger:
ranger.png
ranger.png (3.49 KiB) Viewed 6576 times
EDIT2:This might be better :hmm: Well, I'll stop picking at it.
Attachments
ranger.png
ranger.png (3.1 KiB) Viewed 6488 times
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects