[Complete] PYRA Mettle, Insecurity, Despair - III. PYRAMID Tournament

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Horus2

Re: PYRA Mettle, Insecurity, Despair - III. PYRAMID Tourname

Post by Horus2 »

abhijit wrote:Thank the Gods
Spoiler:
for the revenge opportunity.

I promise this will be more fun than before.
Well, you supported the idea of the chance to rematch, do your best now. :D

Upon demand, i updated the first page leader chart to reflect the truth.

Round deadline is Sunday once again. I think it will not pose a problem for you.
NanRage

Post by NanRage »

Hi Uram Horus,

Yesterday Ikomizo asked me when could I play, I said today, but I see there's another draft set already...

So I play him with a lord that won't change time travel or is he out?
Horus2

Post by Horus2 »

NanRage wrote:Hi Uram Horus,

Yesterday Ikomizo asked me when could I play, I said today, but I see there's another draft set already...

So I play him with a lord that won't change time travel or is he out?
Round is over, 24 hours extra grace period is over, instead of arranging game with you, ikomizo insisted in a passive aggressive manner that he lost one of his leaders to a former inactive opponent... something i denied twice, as you can see it above. And now he magically appears. That is not going to fly.

ikomizo: You are out, and my decision is final.

yanosz is also out, he was unresponsive for more than two weeks. I even tried to reach him via email. There is little i can do at this point.
Mint

Post by Mint »

Ammazzalepri vs Mint is scheduled to happen Sunday 7pm GMT.
Krogen

Post by Krogen »

My second game with abhijit.
Spoiler:
abhijit_vs_Krogen_Sulla's_Ruins.gz
(47.36 KiB) Downloaded 394 times
"A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep." - Tywin Lannister
Maboul

Post by Maboul »

Danniel_BR vs Maboul
Maboul won, thx to rng
PYRA_-_Sulla's_Ruins_Danniel_BR_vs_Maboul.gz
(72.5 KiB) Downloaded 460 times
Horus2

Post by Horus2 »

Yesterday i offered an odd deal to Danniel_BR and all participants have to know about it, because it is an tackle topic and a serious discussion would be welcome.

So Danniel_BR is still in game, active, and wishes to stay, but he has irl activities that truly denies him playing every round. Normally, that would mean he is out.

Maybe i am just weak in the heart, but the fact that he told me in advance felt nice in the sea of unresponsive players. I always gave a chance to players who can properly communicate their problems, and i already gave speacial permission to players who told they will be unavailable during the whole round. If the description matches you, nod.

Danniel_BR's absence is indeed 3 weeks. He already played his actual round game before the departure, but beyond that he depends on my mercifulness. So i offered him a deal: to name a "squire", a former tournament player who has no living leaders and not disqualified. The squire gets a single leader of Danniel's and plays his rounds instead until his return.

The exact conditions:
  • The chosen squire will play the next two matches.
  • If the squire wins both upcoming matches, Danniel_BR also stays in. The squire gives back the leader, and as a reward he can revive one of his own leaders, as if it was a victory with an angry spirit.
  • If he loses just one match out of the two, Danniel is out and the squire will not be eligible for becoming angry spirit anymore. When Danniel_BR accepted this freudian deal, he still had 2 leaders, so despite that, he would have been out just by one loss of the squire (since then the surplus leader died in battle).
  • It is almost guaranteed that if they do this stunt, Danniel_BR and the squire will have to face each other in the following round... so maybe it backfires to pick someone too competent.
Despite these counterweights, i am fully aware that this is a contradictional decision and i do not want to ruin the fun for the others either. Danniel himself said that he accepts this offer if other participants are also comfortable with it. I would like to hear your opinion on this.
Due to how drastic the idea is, this has to be nowhere near a majority decision to countervote it. As long as there are just 2 participants, present or former, and not disqualified for inactivity, who feels uncomfortable about this idea, i drop it without a second thought.
Another problematic aspect is that this chosen squire ended up being ShadowVeil1. If you are fine about the general idea, but not about letting someone who decided to leave to return, say that. If you are bitter that instead of an emotionless dice roll to determine it, he was allowed to choose, complain about that part.
If you think the who concept is unfair, because it mean someone has to play less for the ultimate victory... yeah that is probably a valid claim too.

The most important part: You are not backstabbing Danniel_BR and and ShadowVeil1 if you do not agree with this no doubt radical concept. This is nowhere near their right and privilege. If the competition is light-hearted, it may pass, if it contradicts the meanings of a fair competition for some, it is perfectly understandable. Still, you can still be anonymous about it if you want: in that case, send your countervote in forum PM only.

I apologise if i stirred fustration just by vocalising the idea; i really could not think of anything else.

Looking forward to hear your thoughts!
Maboul

Post by Maboul »

It's better to have a game than a resignation, even if it's made by a squire. So, i'm fine with the general idea.

I think Danniel is free to decide who is the best squire to play for him.
I don't mind if that gives a chance to ShadowVeil to come back in the tournament.
It would have been easier to stay in the tournament after the loss against NanRage ;)
Mint

Post by Mint »

The squire thing is a good idea. But giving the opportunity to someone who ragequit the tournament after 1 loss? That's just not right.
Krogen

Post by Krogen »

Personally i have no problem with SV returning. Honestly, its well known that he is a friend of Danniel_BR. It was clear from the first moment that he is gonna choose SV to be his "squire". The whole thing was sealed when the choice was given to him.
SV also admits he made a mistake when he left the tournament, so this can also be an opportunity for him to fix that.
"A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep." - Tywin Lannister
Elder2

Post by Elder2 »

NanRoig vs ElderofZion
Spoiler:
Attachments
PYRA_-_Sulla's_Ruins_powtórka.gz
(62.31 KiB) Downloaded 415 times
Mint

Post by Mint »

Edit: game has now begun.

Ammazzalepri vs Mint is changed to Sunday 11 a.m. GMT.

Edit: The game has concluded.
Spoiler:
Attachments
PYRAMID_III_Round_6_-_Ammazzalepri_vs_Mint.gz
(51.59 KiB) Downloaded 360 times
Horus2

Post by Horus2 »

Round 7 - Wellington

Maboul vs Mint
abhijit vs ShadowVeil1
NanRoig vs Krogen
ElderofZion vs (winner of the draghen vs potyi-HUN)

News on the run (again):
  • With only one objection against the idea, the participants accepted ShadowVeil1's squire status, so he is back, according to the terms above.
  • draghen and potyi are late with the match. I let draghen to finish it till Friday midnight, because he also declared his absence in advance.
  • This round will last till next week Monday... for the sake of diversity, that is why. 8)
  • Oh, and maybe i calculated with more quitters, or i planned not to use three consecutive strikes on deserters... because we will run out of rounds sooner than of leaders. This means that there will be a tenth round for the final duel, and the exact map has to be decided. I let you decide it. ;) Any map featured in the latest Sandbox Map Picker's "competitive and adventurous" category can be nominated. For safety reasons, i judiciously left out the non-100 gold maps from the pool, but the relevant bug has been fixed since and proven not to hit its head up again, so you might want to suggest such a map. The deadline for it is the same Monday.
abhijit

Post by abhijit »

Aren't maps set for 11 rounds?

In any case if there is a poll on maps for the final, my vote goes to: 1. AETHERMAW 2. ELENSEFAR COURTYARD
Winner of The Alternate Frontier
NanRage

Post by NanRage »

I believe I wont see that far alive, I am at full despair now, but I vote for 1.- Silverhead Crossing 2.- Rufus Island 3.- Aethermaw