Eastern Europe at War (EEaW) - now on GitHub!

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Sagez

Re: Eastern Europe at War (EEaW) - 1.9 is now OUT! GAME MODE

Post by Sagez »

Thank you for lots and lots of downloads
However the feedback from you was... scarce.
But it's still cool to play EEaW I think.
Eastern Europe at War Co-Creator viewtopic.php?f=19&t=34418
"Neptune has finally wed Venus - even Gods can't screw around forever." L-F Céline
Transfermium

Post by Transfermium »

Sagez wrote:Thank you for lots and lots of downloads
However the feedback from you was... scarce.
But it's still cool to play EEaW I think.
I think the factions in EEaW pretty well balanced already, which might be why little feedback occurs.
A small bit of feedback: one of the Swedish names is S for some reason. That might be a typo somewhere in the files.
In other matters, how's the campaign going?
(It probably would be great to have one, IMO especially about the 30yw/Deluge, to make people more interested)
I have not brought you freedom, I found it here among you.
-Gjergj Kastrioti Skanderbeg
Sagez

Post by Sagez »

Thank you for your feedback, we will check the Swedish names.
Campaign was already designed in 50% (2 of 4 scenarios partly done), but due to no feedback on wesnoth.com.pl it's not going anywhere. I don't really care, but I think it would've been good.
Yes, it was meant to be about the Deluge.

I see that feedback generally died a long time ago and I'm out of motivation. To be honest I expected some nice reviews after we've introduced game modes, but it looks like wesnoth is dying, fan base is pretty small and thus we can't expect much.
So it goes.

RIP lolololollolololoololololololololololololololooollool jk jk
"Neptune has finally wed Venus - even Gods can't screw around forever." L-F Céline
Transfermium

Post by Transfermium »

Sagez wrote:Thank you for your feedback, we will check the Swedish names.
Campaign was already designed in 50% (2 of 4 scenarios partly done), but due to no feedback on wesnoth.com.pl it's not going anywhere. I don't really care, but I think it would've been good.
Yes, it was meant to be about the Deluge.

I see that feedback generally died a long time ago and I'm out of motivation. To be honest I expected some nice reviews after we've introduced game modes, but it looks like wesnoth is dying, fan base is pretty small and thus we can't expect much.
So it goes.

RIP lolololollolololoololololololololololololololooollool jk jk
IMO Wesnoth isn't dying, it's just that the community is too spread out, with many having no idea that this forum exists, and others knowing about the forum but not giving feedback because 'it's someone else's job, not mine'.
Hopefully 1.14 will bring in much more new players (and with them another flood of Khalifate and luck complaints).
I'll try to play some more EEaW in the meantime.
Sagez

Post by Sagez »

100 post!

There is an EEaW tournament on wesnoth.com.pl right now and you can expect A LOT of balance changes in the future!

The next big, fat, juicy version will include a huge artillery overhaul...

Any comments, reviews or critique is appreciated. We need your voices to feel motivated, to keep our war machinery going!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Last edited by Bitron on December 18th, 2017, 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: no shouting
Sagez

Re: Eastern Europe at War (EEaW) - 1.10 is OUT! SUMMER UPDAT

Post by Sagez »

Three days ago version 1.10 was released. It's Summer Update Time everybody!

1.10 marks the start of the huge artillery overhaul, it also introduces a new type of attack - bombardment (''normal'' which stuns and heavy bombardment with additional slow effect), a lot of balance changes (primarily to make EEaW less luck dependant), graphical changes, and three new units.

Rynda is a Tsar's bodyguard armed with a powerful berdiche. Ryndas deal monstrous damage with murderous precision, so you should never underestimate them. They make sure the job will be done. Rynda gets even more dangerous at level 3.

Regalskeppet is the second level 4 unit in EEaW. This huge warship is the biggest naval unit available and probably the best too. It can easily decimate any infantry and destroy every other ship or cannon.

There is also a preview of... well, that's a secret. You'll see when you'll be picking faction.
There are many more things planned at the moment, so stay tuned.

Have fun and please leave us some feedback!
Transfermium

Post by Transfermium »

Sagez wrote:Three days ago version 1.10 was released. It's Summer Update Time everybody!

1.10 marks the start of the huge artillery overhaul, it also introduces a new type of attack - bombardment (''normal'' which stuns and heavy bombardment with additional slow effect), a lot of balance changes (primarily to make EEaW less luck dependant), graphical changes, and three new units.

Rynda is a Tsar's bodyguard armed with a powerful berdiche. Ryndas deal monstrous damage with murderous precision, so you should never underestimate them. They make sure the job will be done. Rynda gets even more dangerous at level 3.

Regalskeppet is the second level 4 unit in EEaW. This huge warship is the biggest naval unit available and probably the best too. It can easily decimate any infantry and destroy every other ship or cannon.

There is also a preview of... well, that's a secret. You'll see when you'll be picking faction.
There are many more things planned at the moment, so stay tuned.

Have fun and please leave us some feedback!
Ahh... finally it's included; the existing 7 nations are going to have some competition on the Europe map. ;)
Edit:
Also, check the spellings on the Tisza Rive(r) and the (A)egean Sea.
Sagez

Post by Sagez »

Ok, we'll check that. Thanks for your fast response :) Please test EEaW if you can and give us some feedback on those changes. For example we changed the pikemans, now their attacks are more like 8-3 instead of 24-1, which makes the game less rng-dependent.

What is your favourite faction btw? And the least favourite and why? What can we possibly improve?
Nope

Post by Nope »

Have you considered adding descriptions to the units?
Sagez

Post by Sagez »

Yeah, I did. It's helluvalot of work. Are you asking because you think it would add a flavour to the game or do you think that we should explain units better (how they work etc?) -> like winged hussars -> breakthrough cavalry.

Would be great if someone would ''review'' EEaW, it gives us motivation.
Transfermium

Post by Transfermium »

Sagez wrote:Yeah, I did. It's helluvalot of work. Are you asking because you think it would add a flavour to the game or do you think that we should explain units better (how they work etc?) -> like winged hussars -> breakthrough cavalry.

I'd prefer some descriptions as well, if only for flavour. If you need, I can help write some.
I would play more EEaW, but right now I'm trying to make a large map (and perhaps scenario) based off the Western Roman Empire, which will take a while to finish.
Nope

Post by Nope »

Sagez wrote:Yeah, I did. It's helluvalot of work. Are you asking because you think it would add a flavour to the game or do you think that we should explain units better (how they work etc?) -> like winged hussars -> breakthrough cavalry.

Both actually. It would be nice to know the history of the units and the tactics used by 16th century eastern European and middle-eastern kingdoms.

I haven't played the mod in multiplayer enough to give a comprehensive review, but I will do so.
mr_ostrich

Post by mr_ostrich »

Somehow the game don't want me to win as Ottoman Empire? Eventhough the percentage of my unit to hit is 60% while the enemy is only 40%, my unit miss all 4 attack while the enemy always succesfully hit my units :| . It happens every time (even in battle for westfront mod if I use Italy or France). Is wesnoth AI cheating?
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

I am responsible for almost all the coding in this addon and I can assure you, that AI is not cheating. It looks like you have a very bad luck or other add-ons interfere with this one. It would be good, if you posted a replay of one of your matches where this situation takes place.
Creator of Era of Magic
Creator of To Lands Unknown

Support me on Ko-fi! https://ko-fi.com/inferno8
Transfermium

Post by Transfermium »

mr_ostrich wrote:Somehow the game don't want me to win as Ottoman Empire? Eventhough the percentage of my unit to hit is 60% while the enemy is only 40%, my unit miss all 4 attack while the enemy always succesfully hit my units :| . It happens every time (even in battle for westfront mod if I use Italy or France). Is wesnoth AI cheating?
Nope, probably an addon interfering, because even RNG can't make you miss every single time you play the Ottomans, and factions from other eras (Westfront).
May I ask what what addons you have?