[Complete] Fast tournament

Moderator: Forum Moderators

igorbat99

[Complete] Fast tournament

Post by igorbat99 »

i think that many people want to play wesnoth tournaments. So i want to try "Fast Tournament #1".
Like in russian "fast" format, all games need to play in 1 weekend, so:
Registration phase lasts from today until 9:00 on 10 june 2017.
Tournament phase takes from 10 to 11 june 2017.

RULES:

1. Every participant of the tournament is obligated to play fair.
2. We play on:
- Stable version of BfW, with numbers 1.12.4 and more,
- default era (random only, if it is mirror then remake, if it dwarf vs rebels and 1 player want to remake=>remake, coz it's FAST tournament),
- official server (if technical problems appear, players can decide how they will finish the match).
2.1 We play with 240(fast) sec timer (initial: 240/ bonus: 240/ reservoir: 240/ action: 0) or without timer, if one of players want to play with timer - need to play with timer)
3. After match the winner is obliged to report the game on forum of the tournament, by giving a link to the replay or directly from here http://replay.wesnoth.org/1.12/ - so it will be possible to download it. Report must include: nicknames of players, who is the winner, which group or which phase is it.
4. The tournament is valid Central European Time (UTC + 1) – registration, terms of games .
5. Title of the game played on lobby must include name of tournament and number of round(example: FAST#1 round 1).
6. If one of players disconnects, the second one has to save the game and wait for his opponent at least for 10 minutes. If our opponent doesn't get back we keep our saved game and finish the game later. If the game would not be finished in primary term, the player who get dc loses the game. Obviously, the fact that one of competitors had dc must be mentioned on forum. Unusual situation would be considered individually.
7. Breaking the rules may result in disqualification of the player. However it may only occur if the player has been warned before and the issue has been discussed on the forum.
8. Organiser of the tournament is allowed to modify all the rules dependand on situations. Information about that would be featured on forum.
9. Organiser has the rights to settle all doubts in the tournament and his decisions are ultimate.
10. Signing up for the tournament is explicit with acceptance of all above-mentioned rules.
-------
Tournament system: i would like to try Double Elimination if count of members would be less, then 9, else lose=lost system.
semi-finals, final, match fo 3rd plase would playing with bo3 system.
all another rounds would play bo1 system.
1 round : Caves of the Basilisk
2 round : Weldyn Channel
3 round : Hamlets
4 round : Sulla's Ruins
5 round : Elensefar Courtyard
6 round : Silverhead Crossing
semi-finals, final, match fo third place:
1 game : Sulla's Ruins
2 game : Elensefar Courtyard
3 game : Silverhead Crossing

To check-in need to write in this topic. GL HF!
ForPeace

Re: Fast tournament

Post by ForPeace »

Hi Igor,

The idea looks interesting but to me way too ambitious. 9 games in 2 days? Really?

Considering the fact that longer games might take more than 3 hours, people can get very tired or just not have enough time to play all the matches.

I'd suggest maybe lowering the timer to 120s (I know, it becomes insane) and decreasing the amount of games to be played.

Anyway, since I have no time this Saturday, I am unlikely to take part. I will follow the tournament as an observer though. Good luck to the organizer and the competitors. :)
Polish BfW fansite | Polish BfW translation | My Ladder profile

"When I say I've been playing for 10 years people come saying they've played for 15 years and that I know nothing about this game because I didn't use to play when the TRUE pros were playing xD" ~Hejnewar
Elder2

Post by Elder2 »

The idea is insane, but i can surely try! It may be fun. I doubt I will be flooded with the game requests and I guess I can keep up the pace, also that would be a neat excuse to put some silly timer in my games as well XD And if not many people participate (probably that will be the case) then, well, less contenders to the first place, right?

Edit: fp is right, lower the timer to 120 sec please, actually you can probably go even lower, it will be more fun for me xD But then you run the risk of slower players ragequitting
igorbat99

Post by igorbat99 »

Registration ended.
Final round ElderofZion-igorbat99
Yomar

Post by Yomar »

Lol, 2 players.
Idk, if you even can call this a tournament.
Beholded Wesnoth's Origins.
Max G on WIF
Rank 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
igorbat99

Post by igorbat99 »

replays.wesnoth.org/1.12/20170610/2p__Sullas_Ruins_Turn_21_(75501).bz2 UD(igorbat99) lost to notherners(EoZ)
replays.wesnoth.org/1.12/20170610/2p__Elensefar_Courtyard_Turn_10_(75505).bz2 drake(igorbat99) lost to loyals(EoZ)
Elder2

Post by Elder2 »

Only 2 players and 2 games, surely it was a fast tournament. It seems that I won gg wp to all participants! The first game was especially exciting.
igorbat99

Post by igorbat99 »

ElderofZion is the WINNER OF FAST#1 tournament. Congratulations :!: :!: :!:
WTrawi
Location: My location is not public, but I know YOURS and I can use it against you.

Post by WTrawi »

I think there should be another one next weekend, with longer time to registrate :D (I noticed the tournament one hour after this one's time limit's end)
Not very active on the forum anymore, but I still read it, and I also still play Wesnoth and draw a bit.
pauxlo

Post by pauxlo »

igorbat99 wrote: 4. The tournament is valid Central European Time (UTC + 1) – registration, terms of games .
Please note that central Europe (i.e. most of EU) currently has Central European Summer time, which is UTC + 2.
Yuzir

Post by Yuzir »

WTrawi wrote:I think there should be another one next weekend, with longer time to registrate :D (I noticed the tournament one hour after this one's time limit's end)
I agree, I saw this shortly after that the registration time was over :(
Bitron
Developer

Post by Bitron »

I think this is exactly what you are seeking for, then. ^^