Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Vulpine

Re: Daily paintings of WTrawi

Post by Vulpine »

I'm sorry to hear about your drawboard :(

The cave looks pretty cool! Out of curiosity, how did you turn it painting-style?
One foot in my mouth, and one in the grave; that's the way I like it, and that's the way it'll stay.
[shameless_advertising]
Also the author of Elvish Incursion, a short little prologue.
[/shameless_advertising]
WTrawi
Location: My location is not public, but I know YOURS and I can use it against you.

Post by WTrawi »

I have a drawing application called Krita, which has an automatic effect that turns them into kind of painting-like pictures (which is also good to resize drawings). So as I said, I have to feel REALLY lazy to do these, but the effect is extremely helpful in case of own drawings.
Not very active on the forum anymore, but I still read it, and I also still play Wesnoth and draw a bit.
Vulpine

Post by Vulpine »

I had Krita for a brief while until I decided Gimp had everything I needed, but I found the filters menu just a few hours after posting, and I'm wondering if Krita doesn't have a whole lot more filter options. I'll have to check it out!
I really look forward to seeing more of your art!

Nice profile update btw.
One foot in my mouth, and one in the grave; that's the way I like it, and that's the way it'll stay.
[shameless_advertising]
[/shameless_advertising]
WTrawi
Location: My location is not public, but I know YOURS and I can use it against you.

Post by WTrawi »

Both Krita and Gimp have lot of awesome features, combining the two works brilliantly for me.
Aaand it was a long time ago that I've posted something that is my own, so a new painting will come in a couple of days! 8)
Vulpine wrote: Nice profile update btw.
Not very active on the forum anymore, but I still read it, and I also still play Wesnoth and draw a bit.
WTrawi

New paintings of WTrawi

Post by WTrawi »

Soooo, after two days of work I decided to post what I've got, because I am sure that you'll have something to change on it. :D

I decided to draw some weapons: a sword which I haven't even started :lol:, and another battle axe which is already better than what I expected before starting to draw (especially because I haven't draw anything in the past half year!).
I hope you like the drawings, and if you read this, please leave your opinion!

WTrawi
Attachments
Halfdone axe & sword.jpg
GunChleoc
Translator

Re: New paintings of WTrawi

Post by GunChleoc »

The shading on the axe is far better than your last effort and looks OK to me. Well done :D
WTrawi

Post by WTrawi »

GunChleoc wrote:Well done :D
Thanks! :D The sword will hopefully come tomorrow.
Vulpine

Post by Vulpine »

GunChleoc said it! Though it seems like the shading on the rear half makes it look twisted for some reason... I dunno. It could just be me.
[shameless_advertising]
[/shameless_advertising]
Krogen

Post by Krogen »

Glad the thread is alive again. I particularly like those caves on the previous page.
"A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep." - Tywin Lannister