remote host disconnected error [solved]

Discussion of all aspects of the website, wiki, and forums, including assistance requests and new ideas for them.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

The_Gnat

remote host disconnected error [solved]

Post by The_Gnat »

I attempted to upload an add-on about an hour ago and got a "remote host disconnected" error. I can connect to the add-on server and i can download add-ons but am un-able to update the reign of the lords add-on :? I tried again just now and am still getting the error. Also my firewall is not bringing up any messages such as it has blocked the upload.

Hopefully this can be addressed soon. Thank you! :D

NOTE: I am using 1.13.7 in Windows 8.1

I have not done any recent updates to my OS but I have updated to 1.13.7 from .6

I have not uploaded anything since I updated to 1.13.7 but in 1.13.6 I was able to without any problems.
Last edited by The_Gnat on June 4th, 2017, 9:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Re: 1.13 remote host disconnected error

Post by Pentarctagon »

Is this still happening? Just now I was able to upload a new version of my add-on without a problem.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
The_Gnat

Re: 1.13 remote host disconnected error [solved]

Post by The_Gnat »

After thinking and making some more tests i have isolated the problem to my add-on.

I will post if i am able to solve the problem...

EDIT:

Also my add-on is about 50 MB now is that too large?

EDIT NEW:

:D I have solved the problem. Apparently my add-on was too big. I have removed the portraits and placed them in a new add-on that is now a dependency.

FOR ANYONE ELSE WITH THIS PROBLEM >

Your add-on is too big!
Last edited by The_Gnat on June 4th, 2017, 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Actually, this is most likely an oversight on somebody’s part when rewriting the network backend, since there is a fair number of add-ons on the 1.12 server above the limit that the 1.13 server appears to have gained at some point. I’ve notified the dev in question about this.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Hmm... Well if it can be fixed or if a better error message could be given it would be great!

(also i like the new purple name tag!)

EDIT: I have been notified by pentaractagon that it has since been fixed by changing the maximum allowed size:
This was discussed some more, and limit had accidentally been set to 40 MBs. That would (and in your case already has) caused some problems, especially since there are multiple add-ons larger than that on the 1.12 add-on server, so the limit is (I believe) being raised to 100 MBs.