Hold my Bear I got this [DBL's Request thread]

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
The_Gnat

Re: Hold my Bear I got this [DBL's Request thread]

Post by The_Gnat »

That portrait is going to be very good, I look forward to seeing it fully finished and colored! 8) I personally prefer the style of this portrait to many of the mainline portraits in the game! :D
darkbearlab

Post by darkbearlab »

Embuck wrote:...
Here it is. Full size, so open it at another tab.
Spoiler:
Didn't polish some to very detailed level but since it should be smaller for in game portrait it should be fine.
I do things, including arts. Mostly fan arts.
http://darkbearlab.deviantart.com/
Embuck

Post by Embuck »

Looks great! Thank you so much!
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

:shock: :Awesome: 8) Impressive and awesome are the first two words that come to mind, that is a excellent portrait!

The only suggestion i have is personally i would not hold a sword as she is. The right hand barely seems to be touch the hilt. And perhaps you would be able to see the thumb under the first finger (that is bent). However, even if you make no changes this is a great portrait!
darkbearlab

Post by darkbearlab »

The_Gnat wrote::shock: :Awesome: 8) Impressive and awesome are the first two words that come to mind, that is a excellent portrait!

The only suggestion i have is personally i would not hold a sword as she is. The right hand barely seems to be touch the hilt. And perhaps you would be able to see the thumb under the first finger (that is bent). However, even if you make no changes this is a great portrait!
It is unwise for human to doubt the agility of elves >:3
Eagle_11

Post by Eagle_11 »

Well, in my uber default era addon there are plenty of high elves, dark elves, halflings, gnomes, desert nomads, dwarves, so if you fancy doing an portrait for any of the units in there that already does not already have one feel free to do so.
Superb art btw.
darkbearlab

Post by darkbearlab »

Eagle_11 wrote:Well, in my uber default era addon there are plenty of high elves, dark elves, halflings, gnomes, desert nomads, dwarves, so if you fancy doing an portrait for any of the units in there that already does not already have one feel free to do so.
Superb art btw.
I fancy doing any portrait but you must follow the rule while you are supposed be able to find easily.
UnwiseOwl

Post by UnwiseOwl »

Hey DBL,

I know I've already had a go, so I'm very happy to let others go first, but I thought I'd post another character that I'd like to get a portrait for, please.

1. Appearance age: Young adult (maybe 20?)
2. Biological gender: Male
3. Race trait: Sidhe elf. Elvish ears and features.
4. Wearings, accessories, and equipment: Wears light leather armour covered by a dark over-cloak that also covers most of his hair/ears etc as pictured in the sprite. Carries a short sword and dagger.
5. Personal traits: dark hair (with a streak of white?), younger relative of Faolan who you drew earlier.
6. Possible reference: Sidhe were inspired by the Drow, so outfit something like this (with more face showing) would be nice.
Spoiler:
7. Misc: (something like emotion, angle, expression, you name it, goes here): Vaniyera is very fierce. While a capable commander, he is impulsive and strong-willed and extremely fond of getting his own way. He is also haughty, looking down on any non-elves.

Thanks in advance. UO.
Maintainer of the Imperial Era and the campaigns Dreams of Urduk, Epic of Vaniyera, Up from Slavery, Fall of Silvium, Alfhelm the Wise and Gali's Contract.
But perhaps 'maintainer' is too strong a word.
Eagle_11

Post by Eagle_11 »

darkbearlab wrote:
Eagle_11 wrote:Well, in my uber default era addon there are plenty of high elves, dark elves, halflings, gnomes, desert nomads, dwarves, so if you fancy doing an portrait for any of the units in there that already does not already have one feel free to do so.
Superb art btw.
I fancy doing any portrait but you must follow the rule while you are supposed be able to find easily.
Ok, that would take time to define for each. So dont expect anytime soon.
darkbearlab

Re: Hold my Bear! I got this! [Request thread]

Post by darkbearlab »

Vyncyn wrote:...
Sketch stage here
IMG_4122.JPG
Since your description in PM is rather confusing this is what I got for now.
let me know what is wrong and I might fix.
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

Looks great so far.
I have a minor issue with the torso. He seems very thin, while he should have an anverage build.
The scales I tried to describe are hard to critique without colour. They are correct concerning the placement on the body. Concerning the colour, I'm not sure if what I described would be visually pleasing. What I initially wanted was a pale skintone with hints of green and brown/greyish scales. If this doesn't work you could use the colours of the portrait I attached to a previous post in this threat.
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Hi,

I like your works so far, so I'd also like to enlist a character from The Ravagers :)
The character is elvish king Hirion.
cape is green :)
cape is green :)
overlord.png (6.4 KiB) Viewed 5964 times
  • Age: Middle-aged - old in elvish years, but still looks in his prime.
  • Race: Elvish
  • Accessories: Wears battle-gear, finest elvish armour, sword and crown. Long green cape on the back.
  • Traits: Positive character, king of the Greenwood, king of the main character of the campaign, and should look so.
  • Misc: He is rich. I mean, very very rich, and he should look so. Armour with finest details and embellishments, sword with golden hilt and ruby pommel, crown of gold and gems. But he's also modest. This means, he's not wearing lots of jewelery, rather few, but those are very fine and look very aristocratic.
The whole appearance should suggest that yes, this is the king I too want to go to war for.

Please don't take the details as limitations of any kind, I just tried to give the best impression I can :)

Thanks for your work,
WhiteWolf
Main UMC campaigns: The Ravagers - now for 1.16, with new bugs!
Old UMC works: The Underness Series, consisting of 5 parts: The Desolation of Karlag, The Blind Sentinel, The Stone of the North, The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry, Fingerbone of Destiny
FaeLord

Post by FaeLord »

Beautiful work. I am fortunate enough to have a portrait artist that I work with, but if I didn't, I'd be making some requests for sure.

-=FL=-
Wesnoth stole my summer . . . again.
darkbearlab

Post by darkbearlab »

So, due to some real life issue, this is all I could get for you for now
[img]
IMG_1599.PNG
[/img]
This should, at least, be a good place holder
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

Very nice.
darkbearlab wrote:This should, at least, be a good place holder
For the record, does this mean you'll continue -when real life allows it- or will you move on to the next project?
Either way, thank you very much for the work!!!