Aleksi's Music

Create music and sound effects for mainline or user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

methinks

Post by methinks »

Hi!

I like all of those, nice :)

Surelay will fit this game :)
-Adam
Aleksi
Music Contributor

Post by Aleksi »

Oh goodie goodie! I'm getting my new soft on Wednesday with nice new sounds to give the best quality i can to Battle For Wesnoth! 'so excited! You probably don't care but... ooooh! I feel like a kid at Christmas! I have to share this with someone! :P

Aleksi.
miyo

Post by miyo »

I agree with methinks *grin*

- Miyo
Aleksi
Music Contributor

Post by Aleksi »

Thanks for your posts. I'm sorry for the previous message, i had to tell someone! ;) Its just that i want to give good quality work for this game! So... Well see a major update soon enough! :D

Aleksi.
Aleksi
Music Contributor

Post by Aleksi »

Hey, just a question:

Would you guys like a credit music? When you have everybody's name scrolling i could make a cool music! I'll still concentrate on the others now and this would come later on. But i think i could be cool 8) No?
miyo

Post by miyo »

I think it would be good.

- Miyo
ammoq

Post by ammoq »

sure! :D
Aleksi
Music Contributor

Post by Aleksi »

Hello everybody!

I wanted to know when the next version of BFW was being released and what musics you need most urgently for it. I have been experiencing problems with my new soft and + i have to learn how to use it properly (partly done :wink: ) so it slowed down my work... whithout talking about my exams i have this week :x ! So, i'm slownly coming back to Wesnoth and i needed to know what where the most needed scores to work on. :D
'catch you later!

Aleksi.
miyo

Post by miyo »

We might release 0.6.99.2 in next few days. We already know there will be at least 0.6.99.3 (and most likely other 0.6.99-series releases) before 0.7 is released.

IIRWIIR [1].

- Miyo

[1] It Is Ready When It Is Ready
Aleksi
Music Contributor

Post by Aleksi »

Ok,
but maybe someone could tell me what are priority musics to work on. Dave maybe? 8)

Aleksi.
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Aleksi wrote:Ok,
but maybe someone could tell me what are priority musics to work on. Dave maybe? 8)

Aleksi.
Aleski,

The best thing you could do is finish off the music you have already done to a state you are happy with. I have already committed it to CVS, so it's going into the release.

One thing I thought about the Orcish music, is although I liked the speed of it, I thought it could sound a little more dark/sinister/evil. Would this be possible?

Also, victory and defeat music would be great.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Aleksi
Music Contributor

Post by Aleksi »

Ok, i'll go for it! 8)

I quickly did a "Loss" music:

http://aleksi.free.fr/Wesnoth/Requirements/

Name: Loss-02.ogg.zip

Pass: "wesnoth"

You'll see a good improvement in the quality of the sounds. :D
ziggystar

Similarities to 'Go West' - 'Pet Shop Boys'

Post by ziggystar »

A friend of mine noticed some similarities between wesnoth-6 and 'Go West' from 'The Pet Shop Boys'. It's just the chords. You can sing along with them. I don't know if this can pose a problem.
Aleksi
Music Contributor

Post by Aleksi »

Haha, dude i don't even know this group your talking about. No worries about that! Take any Hollywoodian blockbuster movie and you'll have vulgar copies of Mozart, Janacèck, Haydn, Ravel, Debussy and thousands others for any type of scene! So don't worry... 8)

By the way, "Wesnoth-6" did i compose this? i didn't give these titles so i can't tell. Email me if you can this song your talking about. Thx. :roll:
Aleksi
Music Contributor

Post by Aleksi »

HA HA HA! :lol: Yeah, i didn't compose that. I heard the mp3 of this group. Well, guess what! They copied that from "Pachelbel's Canon in D" :roll: So, shame on them! :P