Poachers

Contribute art for mainline Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
taptap

Re: Poachers

Post by taptap »

What is the splash of teamcolor next to the head? (I know it is in the mainline sprite as well, but what is it?) The trapper has something similar, but there it is a feather on the hat. Could it be just a remnant on the huntsman despite changed headgear? If you remove it a string silencer would be a great place to put some more team colour instead (bitron made a nice string silencer in his l3 archer).
I am a Saurian Skirmisher: I'm a real pest, especially at night.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

taptap wrote:What is the splash of teamcolor next to the head? (I know it is in the mainline sprite as well, but what is it?) The trapper has something similar, but there it is a feather on the hat. Could it be just a remnant on the huntsman despite changed headgear? If you remove it a string silencer would be a great place to put some more team colour instead (bitron made a nice string silencer in his l3 archer).
Right, I don't know if a feather in a hood makes sense... I wouldn't be surprised if it actually can, but it seems a bit of a weird thing.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Personally I like the feather in the hood and the straight bow, and I think the bow and dagger look best in Vyncyn's last sprite.
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

The portrait clearly shows a feather on the hood and I think it is a bit boring without one. I've removed it for now, to show how it would look like.
I made a very slight edit to the boot; not sure which one is better. I like mine more in closeup, but zookeepers looks nicer in game (though the change is hardly noticeable).
Personally I find the tilted bow more interesting, but It still looks a bit weird right now. It might look better if I curve it more.
huntsman.png
huntsman.png (1.44 KiB) Viewed 6197 times
Edit: new bow
huntsman.png
huntsman.png (1.36 KiB) Viewed 6163 times
Zoomo

Post by Zoomo »

I tried editing the knife a bit so it is held more comfortably in his hand.
Attachments
huntsman.png
huntsman.png (4.15 KiB) Viewed 5995 times
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

I think the problem was more with arm and hand than with the dagger.
huntsman.png
huntsman.png (1.38 KiB) Viewed 5947 times
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Personally (just an opinion from an inexperienced artist) i think that the arm looked better before. Either way it looks much better than the old sprite. :D
Eagle_11

Post by Eagle_11 »

You can remove the teamcolor thingy on the bow string, its bit of an excess seeing sprite got otherwise enough tc already.