Forgotten Legacy - Unfinished (5 Scenarios Ready)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

yosefm

Re: Forgotten Legacy - Unfinished (5 Scenarios Ready)

Post by yosefm »

First of all, I really enjoyed the campaign. Looking forward to more scenarios - maybe I can even help with the development, though I'm also a busy man :)

Played with the campaign server version downloaded 3-4 days ago, at the medium level.

Attached is a patch to fix a small problem that resulted in a big translation error message: the bloodborn chiftain has no weapon type for his poison attack.

Regarding the separate scenarios:
1. Was a bit hard for me. Learning about the intermediate target only after engagement costs you several turns in getting to the second castle, so on first try you are hindered.

2. I also tried it more than once, but because of me. The elite guards weren't a huge problem - poison and avoidance did the trick.

3. This one I succeeded with on the first try. My strategy was at first to take on the henchmen, but after taking the souther one and standing my ground a bit, I realized this won't work and rushed my troops to Ikmas, avoiding all other conflict.

4. Is fun generally - I took the elf side. Only complaint is that chasing their leader at the end all the way too the broken bridge, then all the way back to the road, is a bit boring.

5. Just rushed the triton with some leveled units and the elfs with a horde of recruits. The ammount of money I got from the earlier scenario suggested that it was the end.

All in all, very good job!
Attachments
weapon_type_chiftain.patch
Fix weapon type for 2 level bloodborn.
(339 Bytes) Downloaded 578 times
db0

Post by db0 »

Thanks mate. I've already fixed the weapon attack in the svn but I never got around to updating the server version.

If you can help, I'll never say no as I think I'll never have the full incentive to finish it :(
Hulavuta

Post by Hulavuta »

Hello people, this is a major topic revival, but it is important, because after many messages back and forth with db0, I have become the new Co-Maintainer of Forgotten Legacy. db0 himself will return to work on it as well. (Hence the "co" part)
db0 wrote:Hey man, I keep meaning to return to the Campaign but I do for a month or two, learn WML again and then lose interest. I don't have a problem with you taking up maintenance as it would allow me to possibly jump in and help as well when the mood strikes me but I would like to finish the story I wanted to tell.
db0 will be working on it "when the mood strikes him" and I will be working kinda full time. I know I really don't have to justify myself, but I will anyway. We are using the story he planned out, so I'm not hijacking it or anything. And, I have experience writing campaigns, so I'm not just some crazy fanboy who wants to take control of this campaign but doesn't know how.

So please bare with me/us, the campaign should be up in a month latest.
F:tGJ, Saurian Campaign
The Southern Chains, a fanfic
“The difference between winners and champions is that champions are more consistent."
~Sierra
db0

Post by db0 »

Cheers! With some luck we might be able to get this done eventually :)
Hulavuta

Post by Hulavuta »

Currently, I'm learning how to use Wmllint to get this campaign up-to-date, and then new content will be added.
F:tGJ, Saurian Campaign
The Southern Chains, a fanfic
“The difference between winners and champions is that champions are more consistent."
~Sierra
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

i know that long time is gone but i would be very happy if somebody would upload the campaign or finish it
LurkerAbove

Post by LurkerAbove »

I've got Forgotten Legacy up and at least minimally running. There are some interesting bits and ideas. We'll see how far I get. I'm working on The Militia too.
And when you look up, they drop on you. -- Winnie the Pooh
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
You are a hero :D
Last edited by Konrad2 on April 9th, 2017, 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Woodruff

Post by Woodruff »

LurkerAbove wrote:I've got Forgotten Legacy up and at least minimally running. There are some interesting bits and ideas. We'll see how far I get. I'm working on The Militia too.
There are some invalid WML markers in the campaign now, probably from the updates to the base game.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: Forgotten Legacy - Unfinished (6 Scenarios Ready)

Post by Konrad2 »

LurkerAbove wrote: December 3rd, 2015, 1:44 am I've got Forgotten Legacy up and at least minimally running. There are some interesting bits and ideas. We'll see how far I get. I'm working on The Militia too.
The Great River
As you get -1 income and 1 support per village, villages actually don't do anything for you. Maybe change it to 0 income?
eternaly -> eternally
The three loyal ogres and the naga are missing their 'loyal' marker.
he evade elves -> he evaded the elves
thread -> threaten
Has you eyes gone bad -> Have your eyes gone bad
Skald Maniac and Skald Hunter are missing {AMLA_DEFAULT}
The updated scenario objectives do not really update them. It's more like a prompt, but you if you look the scenario objectives up, you are still shown the old one.
me a fool no to know -> me a fool not to know

Damsel In Distress
No gold per village in uncool in a battle scenario. xD

EDIT:
On hard difficulty you don't stand a chance at winning the scenario as your allied leader dies in turn 3, that's before you had any chance to reach and/or help her.
Attachments
FL-Damsel In Distress-Auto-Save3.gz
(59.79 KiB) Downloaded 296 times
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

Some weirdness...
Spoiler:
Also some missing/misspelled image/audio files in log.
Attachments
wesnoth-20190303-220129-9816.log
(57.72 KiB) Downloaded 267 times
FL-The Great River-Auto-Save60.gz
(87.98 KiB) Downloaded 308 times
FL-The Great River-Auto-Save43.gz
(83.74 KiB) Downloaded 279 times
Speak softly, and carry Doombringer.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

I've created some threads to upload replays for the campaign starting here and this is basically the index.

Maybe the link(s) can be put into the add-on description?
pipapopinguin

Post by pipapopinguin »

Are you still working on this project?
Author of Corpse Mod 2, Breeze-Mod,Reflections and don't click here.
db0

Post by db0 »

Unfortunately no. I lost interest in developing in WML a while ago and have moved on to other projects. I still have the story mostly in my head, so if anyone wants to continue, I could let them know what I was going for.