To Lands Unknown 3.9

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

TorMac

Re: To Lands Unknown v1.7.1 - new version coming soon!

Post by TorMac »

My favourite UMC campaign so far! Eager to try the new version!
Take command of Napoleon's armies in an 11 scenario historical campaign with the Napoleonic Warfare for Battle for Wesnoth project.
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

Happy to hear that! ;) I am working hard to finish this soon. Era of Magic 2.0 is ready, but is not compatible with the old TLU 1.7.1. You have to be patient. The very good news is that there are going to be 2 more scenarios in TLU 2.0 ;)
Creator of Era of Magic
Creator of To Lands Unknown

Support me on Ko-fi! https://ko-fi.com/inferno8
Woodruff

Post by Woodruff »

I'm having a problem with the "Southern Nations" scenario within this campaign. Each time, even though
I ONLY attack the barbarians, the lizards attack me to the point where one of my troops kills them in
defense, which loses the game for me. It's happened four times now, and it's getting really old.

How do I stop this from happening?
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

@Woodruff: just wait for the TLU 2.0 update. There is no point in playing the campaign in its currents state, when it remastered version is coming soon.
Creator of Era of Magic

Woodruff

Re: To Lands Unknown

Post by Woodruff »

inferno8 wrote:This issue will be fixed next time.
In reference to this statement, the "undo" capability is still not there in the "Far North" scenario of the campaign.

In addition, I've had a number of what appear to be error messages pop up during the entire campaign (not each scenario though), that I've had to clear out using ":clear".
inferno8
Art Contributor

Re: To Lands Unknown

Post by inferno8 »

Woodruff wrote:In addition, I've had a number of what appear to be error messages pop up during the entire campaign (not each scenario though), that I've had to clear out using ":clear".
I am aware of this issue - this is a result of the campaign being grossly outdated. But the good thing is TLU 2.0 is going to fix all these issues and its release day is coming really fast. 8)

For those interested in the current progress I have good news! One of the two new missions is ready. As I said before these new scenarios are going to be tutorials/training missions explaining some mechanics of summoning and banishing magical units. Also, there will be a lot of storytelling.
Below you will find a screenshot of the scenery for the first training mission (included in a spoiler tag):
Spoiler:
Creator of Era of Magic

inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

This is a screenshot of the second training mission, which will come with TLU 2.0:
Spoiler:
All these additional missions are done. The old ones still need some improvements, but the release day is coming fast ;)
Creator of Era of Magic

inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

Good news. To Lands Unknown 2.0 is almost ready. All major things have been implemented. The estimated release date for the campaign: 5-6th May ;) Be ready people when that moment comes - this is going to blow your minds once again! :twisted:

Creator of Era of Magic

inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

Dear TLU fans, I decided to postpone the release date a bit. The campaign is ready, but I want to make portraits for some minor characters as well as create additional story art. All this is meant to give you something I call a "complete experience". So let's stick with a new release date which is: 12th May.

TLU 2.0 is going to offer the following things:
-widely improved story and gameplay (some parts where thoroughly rewritten)
-2 new scenarios with a lot of storytelling
-new/improved story art
-better terrain visuals
-portraits for all major and minor characters
-better character development
-...and a very special feature, which is kept secret for now, but it is going to forever change the way you perceive the Battle for Wesnoth game. Seriously. 8)

While waiting for the big day, lets contemplate the nature of the universe together with a Mystical Jinn:
Attachments
mysticaljinn.png
mysticaljinn.png (154.29 KiB) Viewed 5462 times
Creator of Era of Magic

TorMac

Post by TorMac »

Holy Efreet! Can't wait.
Take command of Napoleon's armies in an 11 scenario historical campaign with the Napoleonic Warfare for Battle for Wesnoth project.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

I haven't ever played TLU before but after seeing that awesome background :shock: :Awesome: i certainly will!
Sudipta

Post by Sudipta »

inferno8 wrote:While waiting for the big day, lets contemplate the nature of the universe together with a Mystical Jinn:
Finally, my partner in contemplation. This guy looks incredible. If the other portraits are also of such a caliber, then my mind will overload from all the awesomeness.
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
Playing Wesnoth since 2010, still there is so much left to play
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Sudipta wrote:Finally, my partner in contemplation. This guy looks incredible. If the other portraits are also of such a caliber, then my mind will overload from all the awesomeness.
Well, as someone who tests TLU before it's release, I can say that there will be quite a few awesome ones, but don't expect every one of them to be THIS good :whistle:
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

TLU 2.0 should be released within 24 hours. This little delay is caused by the fact that some of new portraits haven't been implemented yet. Also, I have to find a way how to decrease the size of the whole campaign package. At the moment there is more than 130Mb of stuff... :whistle:
Creator of Era of Magic

ahmannar

Post by ahmannar »

After donwloading the new version of the campaign and the updated add-ons for it (images, music and the era), this was the state of the 1 scenario that i encountered. Don´t know if i´m doing something wrong in here (playing with the 1.12.6 Bfw version).
Attachments
Bfw.png