Shadows of Deception 0.5.3 [Wesnoth 1.12]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Daniel17022002

Re: Shadows of Deception 0.5.3 [Wesnoth 1.12]

Post by Daniel17022002 »

Played till the scenario "Awakening- Part I" , where there are some problems. The key from the saurian is ALWAYS in the keep and has nothing to do with the image of a key he drops some hexes away. The gates won't open at all.

Now, I love this campaign as I am a big fan of Invasion From The Unknown and After The Storm. The story is interesting and as always I can't wait to find out what happens next. I like the items and spell system and the sprites of the unites are also really good. Keep up the good work :mrgreen:
Daniel17022002

Post by Daniel17022002 »

Nevermind, half the problem solved : if I kill the saurian in his keep the image disappears when I take the key, but it won't disappear if the saurian isn't on his keep when he dies. Now, I solved the opening of the gates problem, didn't know I had to access the inventory again and press "use" on the key after being close to the gates. :mrgreen:

Also, nice campaign I must say. Love the plot and hardly waiting for more.
Losthunter
Location: Well... I don´t know... maybe I should ask someone...?

Post by Losthunter »

Nice preqel, the mysterious and dark start and even more mysterious and dark open-ending. When I played Iftu and Elinia dropped from level 4 to level 3 I thought it cant be worse... And there she is level 1, that cant level up( :cry: )- you are genius :D ! As I told (wrote), the story is mysterious and I really liked that idea with casting abilities. And finally I know who is that Nyrione that Elinia in After the storm talked about!
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

Glad you enjoyed it! Sadly, I haven't really done any further work on developing it in awhile (and there are a lot of unreleased changes I have in my git repo). I intend to eventually go back and improve the writing and story a bit, but I'm glad you liked what's there. :)
Creator of Shadows of Deception (for 1.12) and co-creator of the Era of Chaos (for 1.12/1.13).
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
What happens when you get scared half to death...twice?
sreesreearul

Post by sreesreearul »

I found the game herehttp://add-ons.wesnoth.org/1.13/, is it a mistake? Anyway the screen went black with plenty many lua-error messages, once the initial dialog ended
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

That appears to be a mistake due to a bug in the game where I was testing uploads. Thanks for pointing that out!
Creator of Shadows of Deception (for 1.12) and co-creator of the Era of Chaos (for 1.12/1.13).
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
What happens when you get scared half to death...twice?
denispir

Post by denispir »

Seems Shadows of Deception is not (yet) ported to 1.14?
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

vultraz wrote: November 28th, 2011, 6:35 pm Image

Description

This campaign is an indirect prequel to Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm, both created by shadowm.

A shadow lengthens across the land; a faceless evil plots to overthrow the Empire. No one holds all the pieces. The fate of a kingdom rests in the hands of a despairing few, but will they be able to tell friend from foe?

This campaign is a half-RPG, half regular style Wesnoth campaign, incorporating several custom gameplay elements as well as your typical battle scenarios.

Intermediate level, 2 episodes planned, with 6/12 scenarios completed of the first

Downloading

You can download this campaign from the 1.12 add-on server, or manually [url=hhttp://files.wesnoth.org/addons/1.12/NX-RPG.tar.bz2]here[/url].

If you're interested in the latest development version, you can clone the campaign's GitHub repository. Please read the included readme file if you do this, as there are some things you will need to do. Keep in mind that doing this will give you a copy of the campaign that could break at any time, so using the version from the add-on server is recommended.

Both versions are playable on 1.11.11 or later only!

NOTE: As a result of some poor planning, while the name of this campaign is Shadows of Deception and appears on the add-on server as such, the folder downloaded, and the name appearing on error messages, will be NX-RPG. This will be corrected during the 1.13/1.14 release cycle.

Good luck and enjoy!
This is one of my favorite campaign. Thank you
I am waiting for another part