To Lands Unknown 3.9

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

inferno8
Art Contributor

Re: To Lands Unknown v1.7.1 with 3D rendered maps!

Post by inferno8 »

Xara wrote:Was playing on 1.12.4, and found the game missing a few animations. Like when Nomolas kill the illusion of Aerius, and when Sharif come inside the palace. Strange, as I used to see them.

EDIT: Turned out I was missing a lot of moving animations. I also can't see Rashti's jumpings now.
That's really odd... I've just checked on 1.12.5 + Era of Magic 1.1.1 + To Lands Unknown 1.7.1 + To Lands Unknown: Images 1.1.0 and everything works fine. Be sure to run the campaing on the latest version of Battle for Wesnoth and download recent versions of these add-ons I mentioned.
Roland de Ronceveaux wrote:As someone who has played TLU many times and enjoyed it immensely, I would like to thank you for your efforts and the dedication you have put in this campaign, and heartily endorse your decision of making a sequel!
Thank you for your kind words. :) TLU is just a beginning of a larger story. I hope you will see the full scope of it soon ;)
Creator of Era of Magic
Creator of To Lands Unknown

Support me on Ko-fi! https://ko-fi.com/inferno8
Xara

Post by Xara »

I switched to 1.12.5, and the problem was solved. Missing animations are no more.

And here is the simplified Chinese(zh_CN) translation of the campaign. It's a 100% translation, though I left a few words in English, including marahil, Abyss, al-Kamija, Tar-Tabar, Mag-Magar, Sud-Affar and ka-Gatta. The main reason is that the transliterations would make worse readability.

During the translation, I noticed some interesting details that I hadn't played attention to, and I found that you really like exclamation marks. And a minor issue: Atiros's name is not translatable.
Attachments
TLU-zh_CN.rar
(76.3 KiB) Downloaded 323 times
It pronounces Sha'ha, not Zara.

Feedback Thread of my Add-ons
Nirusu

Post by Nirusu »

First of all, a HUMUNGOUS THANK YOU to all users that helped designing this campaign and the "Era of Magic".

I have a few minor bug reports: in the opening text to scenario 3 (or the after-talk of scenario 2), the one with the lizard, it should say "withdrew", not "withdrawn", or "had withdrawn".

Also, I am using the latest version of Wesnoth and the latest version of EoMa and TLU (both downloaded today), and there is a problem with the Goblin Kamikaze sprite:
The tile on which the goblin is standing reads "image not found..." Might be a problem with EoMa though, I am not sure.

But again, thank you so much for creating this artwork of awesomeness, and I hope for a sequel :D
sergey

Post by sergey »

inferno8, thanks for the great campaign!

I have found a reason of the error messages:

Code: Select all

Invalid WML found: "Beam" follows a deprecated format for its description, using its name as the first line. Support for that format will be removed in 1.12.
Invalid WML found: "Slowing Aura" follows a deprecated format for its description, using its name as the first line. Support for that format will be removed in 1.12.
Invalid WML found: "Damaging Aura" follows a deprecated format for its description, using its name as the first line. Support for that format will be removed in 1.12.
Screenshot:
Unfortunately, it is an intermittent issue and can't be constantly reproduced. Here is the topic describing the issue viewtopic.php?f=21&t=39163

In short, the next ability description format was deprecated:

description= _ "Slowing Aura:
At the beginning of each turn, all adjacent enemy units are slowed."
Description should not contain the ability name anymore. So, the description should be:

description= _ "At the beginning of each turn, all adjacent enemy units are slowed."
I have found the abilities:
Beam - Era of Magic add-on, units/Kharos/Kirios.cfg, line 87
Slowing Aura - units/Mehir_Leader.cfg, line 41
Damaging Aura - units/Mehir_Leader.cfg, line 68

Since it is a translatable string, translations are also affected.

Once again, the campaign is excellent - the whole new era and world, multi-hex landscape maps, exciting plot. And I am only at the 4th scenario, looking forward to discover many other cool things.
Author of SP scenario Dragon Fight and SP campaign Captured by a Nightmare.
Created The Rise of Wesnoth (alternative mechanics) version of the mainline campaign.
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

Hello, sergey :)
Yes, the descriptions use deprecated format, but this is going to be fixed in the next update.

Important information for all EoMa and TLU fans:
Within month I am going to relase an extremely huge patch for Era of Magic and To Lands Unknown. The campaing will recieve overhauled graphics and minor story improvements. It will also have many bugs fixed, so I advice new players not to play TLU before the upcoming update!
Creator of Era of Magic

inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

The release of To Lands Unknown 2.0 is getting closer.

Expect:
-new story images
-better multihex sceneries
-improved story and gameplay

This is going to be BIG 8)
Creator of Era of Magic

Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Re: To Lands Unknown v1.7.1 - new version coming soon!

Post by Paulomat4 »

I'm hyped! May I ask how far you are with the continuation? I'm eager to find out the rest of the story.
Creator of Dawn of Thunder and Global Unitmarkers

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
Sudipta

Post by Sudipta »

Ohhhh Yeahhhhh!! Nothing could be better than hearing one of my favorite UMCs is getting a major update. I'm so looking forward to this. Best of Luck!!

I gotta say the new map image looks epic!
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
Playing Wesnoth since 2010, still there is so much left to play
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

@Paulomat4: This is not a continuation. Just a remastered edition. That "2.0" may be misleading... :hmm: But there are plans for a prequel ;)
Creator of Era of Magic

Aldarisvet
Translator

Post by Aldarisvet »

Wow.
facebook.com/wesnothian/ - everyday something new about Wesnoth
My campaign:A Whim of Fate, also see it's prequel Zombies:Introduction
Art thread:Mostly frankenstains
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

From the upcoming TLU 2.0 - Mag-Magar revisited:

Full res version:
Spoiler:
Creator of Era of Magic

Norzel

Post by Norzel »

Looking guut. Guut!
But what about your plans on other campaigns? I remember you saying somewhere about plans for campaign-per-faction... But honestly, i just want to know what happened next, and why does Sky Kingdom mages don't want to go into the A...
English, why you so foreign language? =(
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

Making campaigns like TLU requires more time than making standard campaigns due to all those special terrains etc. Take into account that I am doing all of this alone in my spare time which is limited. But there are plans for other campaigns. All of them will lead the player to the grand finale, which will be the continuation of the Mehir's story.
Creator of Era of Magic

Norzel

Post by Norzel »

I understand. In fact, when i first saw this campaign, i was simply amazed by your persistence in making it real. I just asked about your plans, and showed my interest in the storyline you created. I just wish you to keep said persistance in your endeavours, and this little part of our world will become an even better place.
English, why you so foreign language? =(
ahmannar

Post by ahmannar »

Just looking at the story art image is enough to get hyped for this release. After seeing the the amount of changes you did on the EoM era, i bet this one will also be an awesome update :D