Wesnoth 1.13.6

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

gfgtdf
Developer

Re: Wesnoth 1.13.6

Post by gfgtdf »

The_Gnat wrote:Hello once again! I have created a new mod (the HP mod) for 1.13. It uses a unit placed event to modify all units hitpoints. However, i have noticed that it does not modify the randomly placed units in the units in the scenario 'dark forecast'.

In the wiki it says this unit placed event should work for even lua generated units, so what do you think the problem is?

Thank you!
Just like in [unstore_unit] the lua functions to put units to the map has a parameter to specify whether that evene should be fired that defaults to false. (remember that [unstore_unit] is implemented in lua too) so it's quite likeley that the 2p dark forecasst code doesn't fire that event.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
Celtic_Minstrel
Developer

Post by Celtic_Minstrel »

It seems to me that it should default to true when placing a new unit, rather than false. It makes sense to default to false in [unstore_unit], I guess.
Author of The Black Cross of Aleron campaign and Default++ era.
Former maintainer of Steelhive.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

Celtic_Minstrel wrote:It makes sense to default to false in [unstore_unit], I guess.
I disagree here, the defaults in [unstore_unit] doesn't really make sense: advances= defaults to yes and fire_event= (which controls both advance and unit placed events) defaults to false. While i don't see a problem when looking at both attributes default values seperateley. i think that this conbinations of default values is really bad since it will by default advance untis without fireing advancement events if the xp was increased.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

gfgtdf wrote: so it's quite likeley that the 2p dark forecasst code doesn't fire that event.
After further tests i can confirm that the Dark Forecast code does not fire the event. :?

(my test was very simple, i created a message from the narrator fired on a unit placed event. The message was shown when i recruited. It did not show when the dark forecast units were added)
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

I also think the default should be to fire related events, for what it's worth.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Celtic_Minstrel
Developer

Post by Celtic_Minstrel »

Based on that description, gfgtdf, I think I agree that it would make more sense to fire events by default both in [unit] and in [unstore_unit].
Author of The Black Cross of Aleron campaign and Default++ era.
Former maintainer of Steelhive.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Here are screenshots of a team color issue in the multiplayer lobby. (i have posted them here because the gnu upload limit is too small) This is the bug thread in gnu.
Spoiler:
As can be seen in the photos the color displayed in the menu is not the same as the option choosen.
Kwandulin
Art Contributor

Post by Kwandulin »

Wesnoth randomly crashes when using full screen and switching back to Windows via alt+tab while a campaign is loading from the campaign menu. Couldn't replicate it in windowed mode (Windows 7 and 10 tested).

It also randomly crashes when switching back to Windows while one plays a campaign or uses the map editor (Windows 7). Happens to both UMC and mainline campaigns. Couldn't replicate it with Windows 10, though. Also happens to others apparently.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

Wesnoth randomly crashes when using full screen and switching back to Windows via alt+tab while a campaign is loading from the campaign menu. Couldn't replicate it in windowed mode (Windows 7 and 10 tested).
You coudl test wheterh this is related to the threaded loadingscreen 1.13 by adding disable_loadingscreen_animation=yes in your preferences file.
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

Yup, Windows 10 here. Sometimes it seems to be stable, but Most of the time it crashes on the first Switch to the Desktop.

EDIT: gfgtdf's suggestion does not work, the game still crashes.
Creator of Dawn of Thunder and Global Unitmarkers

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
DewyB

Post by DewyB »

What are the options for Windows users to get the latest bug fixes? 1.13.6 has provided some useful and enjoyed features, but is very laggy on my machine, hard to navigate campaign selection screens and load menus.

I don't wanna be one of those "when is the next update" guys... but looks like I'm ready to smudge the line to preserve my gameplay without backing up to the last "stable" release with fewer features.
Tell me again, where are we going, and why are we in a handbasket?
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Actually 1.13.7 was tagged a few days ago, and the announcement ought to be up sometime this week.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

but there was afaik no work on optimizing the dialogs performance, so i it's unliekely that 1.13.7 will fix your problem.
DewyB

Post by DewyB »

zookeeper wrote:Actually 1.13.7 was tagged a few days ago, and the announcement ought to be up sometime this week.
Cool, looking forward to the release.
gfgtdf wrote:but there was afaik no work on optimizing the dialogs performance, so i it's unlikely that 1.13.7 will fix your problem.
Drat. As I cannot fix the problem, I can only encourage and support those who can.
Tell me again, where are we going, and why are we in a handbasket?
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

gfgtdf wrote:but there was afaik no work on optimizing the dialogs performance, so i it's unliekely that 1.13.7 will fix your problem.
There was this fix though, so perhaps that will help here as well.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code