Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

Ah_Morre

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Ah_Morre »

Hello, first i would like to thank you for this incredible campaign. Secondly, I have to report that i am experiencing a "bug"; from a moment forward in the campaign i get a really high lag in the graphical running whenever I see Lethalia, but when she is not centered in the screen the game runs really smoothly, as it should. It started in the first scenario after leaving the cave when you become a lich and it doesn't stop even if i disable animations, halo, combat, etc. Please help me so i can continue to play this amazing campaign of yours :D
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

MarcinBX wrote:I gained 82(sorry mistake - not 86) gold per turn because i won fast. Villages doesn't change anything.
Does your income also depend on village count? What you are experiencing definitely isn't the way it behaved when I was writing it.
dabber wrote:The other problem with the current AoE lethargy is the penalty is absolute not relative. It drops everything by 10 or 12 points without regard to the attack power. A weaker character launches a fireball and then cannot hurt anything next turn. A more powerful character can launch a few fireballs in a row, each one really big.
The idea was that units with AoE will hit a lot of enemies and then will be screened by units without AoE. I did it a lot, but it appears that this plan is not as good as I thought.
dabber wrote:And now I'm going to try coding one of my ideas ... but this will take a while.
Good luck.
Ah_Morre wrote:Secondly, I have to report that i am experiencing a "bug"; from a moment forward in the campaign i get a really high lag in the graphical running whenever I see Lethalia, but when she is not centered in the screen the game runs really smoothly, as it should.
I think that this error is not related to graphics at all, just to some stuff that is recalculated once per frame. Can you please attach a save file where it happens? It does not happen very often.
MarcinBX

Post by MarcinBX »

Dugi wrote:Does your income also depend on village count? What you are experiencing definitely isn't the way it behaved when I was writing it.
I had 2 villages at the end of scenario.
Early finish bonus =82 per turn without
dabber wrote:The other problem with the current AoE lethargy is the penalty is absolute not relative. It drops everything by 10 or 12 points without regard to the attack power. A weaker character launches a fireball and then cannot hurt anything next turn. A more powerful character can launch a few fireballs in a row, each one really big.
The idea was that units with AoE will hit a lot of enemies and then will be screened by units without AoE. I did it a lot, but it appears that this plan is not as good as I thought.
It is quite good plan but You don't need to have more than 1 unit with AoE attack and Efraim and Lethalia AoE is ...
Duelist wizard have better AoE ...especially if You use book of fireballs(incinerating fireball from book will became main attack and while You improve this attack You also improve AoE attack. It is like upgrading AoE attack for free.
all other AoE attacks are weaker (ok ancient lich has also AoE slow which is great but this attack is unaffected by Lethargy)

Of course You will never make Efraim spells good. He doesn't have a staff while Lethalia has. If Efraim will be good with spells then Lethalia will be broken.

Efraim needs staff or different spells
for example:
cold and fire spells for Efraim (slow, AoE slow, strong AoE attack similar to Dualist Wizard AoE)
arcane and lighting spells for Lethalia
Ah_Morre

Post by Ah_Morre »

Here it is, and thanks for the quick answer.
Attachments
LotI1-Chasing_Dragons_Turno_1.gz
(1.33 MiB) Downloaded 187 times
Theplaguezzz

Post by Theplaguezzz »

So I've attempted to play this mod a few times over the years. However, when Lethalia gets the last kill to activate the soul eater advancement the menu has all the options but they are not clickable. I also am playing on my iPhone, and I've not had this problem on my computer. Just wondering if there was any fix for it. Thank!
dabber

Post by dabber »

Theplaguezzz wrote:So I've attempted to play this mod a few times over the years. However, when Lethalia gets the last kill to activate the soul eater advancement the menu has all the options but they are not clickable. I also am playing on my iPhone, and I've not had this problem on my computer. Just wondering if there was any fix for it. Thank!
See the first post in this thread for suggestions on using the iPhone.
dabber

Post by dabber »

Players, does anyone ever take the soul eater / redeem path of Leadership? Efraim starts with it, but does anyone ever take it for Lethalia? I was thinking it should have something added to it, after Warlord's Rule, like Shield 10 then 20, or Damage Aura 10 then 20.
Theplaguezzz

Post by Theplaguezzz »

[/quote]See the first post in this thread for suggestions on using the iPhone.[/quote]
Yes I found the thing that says enable zoom but I dont understand what its supposed to do, i still cant scroll down the redeem screen or click on anything :/
MarcinBX

Post by MarcinBX »

dabber wrote:Players, does anyone ever take the soul eater / redeem path of Leadership? Efraim starts with it, but does anyone ever take it for Lethalia? I was thinking it should have something added to it, after Warlord's Rule, like Shield 10 then 20, or Damage Aura 10 then 20.
I don't use leadership but even with Your options I am not sure if i would be interested.
Duke is great as leader and books like tome of bards I and II are simply better.
Crown of Royalty(or Armor of Friendly General or similar item) plus Tome of Bards II are strong enough
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

MarcinBX wrote:I had 2 villages at the end of scenario.
Early finish bonus is calculated as if you owned all the villages.
MarcinBX wrote:cold and fire spells for Efraim (slow, AoE slow, strong AoE attack similar to Dualist Wizard AoE)
I could give him a few extra advancements to the usual redeem-given spells to add some new tricks.
Theplaguezzz wrote:Yes I found the thing that says enable zoom but I dont understand what its supposed to do, i still cant scroll down the redeem screen or click on anything :/
This is what I was told. I do not have an iPhone to try it out (no dual sim, phones for 10% of their price are not significantly worse...).
MarcinBX

Post by MarcinBX »

Dugi wrote:
MarcinBX wrote:I had 2 villages at the end of scenario.
Early finish bonus is calculated as if you owned all the villages.
Thanks for info. 41 villages on the map and 82 gold per turn for early finish.
chapter 3 is strange because i had enough money to buy dugi ward or more
MarcinBX wrote:cold and fire spells for Efraim (slow, AoE slow, strong AoE attack similar to Dualist Wizard AoE)
I could give him a few extra advancements to the usual redeem-given spells to add some new tricks.
You can but this is really hard to balance.
Most players don't read Your files to gain knowledge about AMLAs right?
After investing few AMLAs to improve Efraim ranged attacks people won't invest in new attacks
penetration also "force" people to buy sword/knife combo.
it is harder to change damage type of melee attacks so they will be the same as spell.

The only good looking combo i see is set of destruction and ice spell.
but still this set gives more bonuses to knife attack than ice spell

and AoE attacks for Efraim and Lethalia are weaker than Dueslist Fireball (after giving him +1 attack from 2 parts of this new mage set or helm and armor of set of kings)
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

dabber wrote:Players, does anyone ever take the soul eater / redeem path of Leadership?
I usually get them lvl 5 leadership (and basic healing) pretty early, as it's most valuable when they get fresh troops (again and again).

Dugi wrote:Early finish bonus is calculated as if you owned all the villages.
Maybe it should be, but I don't think it actually works like that. If I'm not mistaken, in vanilla the efb is higher to discourage from camping. In LotI I usually get less from efb than from camping, but since the introduction of Beelzebub I usually go for the early finish.
I have a cunning plan.
Giant_Hogweed

Post by Giant_Hogweed »

Dugi wrote:@ZIM
Fixed the attack count issue. Clever idea to cause an integer overflow.
Fixed the trader issue.
Can you please send me a save file where the weird Beelzebub death can be replicated?

@angelofhell_hau
I do not understand your second question, sorry.
Giant_Hogweed wrote:Hello Mr. Dugi
I'm not sure if it is a bug: I'm in Inferno I've just killed Lethalia in foul pits and entered in Pandemonium where I see, up in the middle of the scenario, an entrance without a name where i cannot get in and when I go beyond the "castel" (where you can recall units I mean) of this entrance Efraim says something like "I would never...." (Sorry I don't remeber well). Moreover when I try to kill the Uria's Avatar in pandemonium it is invulnerable to any attack and even if I poison or incinerate it.
Another thing is that I do not see the way to get to the Verminous Sewers so I cannot kill Abaddon.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Kind regards
Good sir Giant_Hogweed,
This part of the game has been verified numerous times and a cause has always been found. There are two typical causes. First, Lilith is not considered killed if you do not kill her on her keep in a far corner of Inferno and trigger a long cutscene where Uria appears. If you just kill her once inside, the objective to kill her in Foul Pits will not disappear. Another possible cause is that you did not attack Uria for sufficiently long. You have to attack her a few times to start dealing damage (but Lilith must be defeated first).

Verminous severs are inside Uria's castle, so you have to defeat her effigy first.

I hope that helped,

Yours sincerely,
Magister Dugi Winterborn

P. S. I apologise for the delay.
Mr Dugi, thank you for your reply!
I'm sorry, I don't know why, but I have problems to see replyes and quotes on the forum, when I enter it is always showed the screen I left last time, so maybe you see many times my writings of the same thing. I apologize for that. I will try to see if you replyed even the other questions.

Kind regards and thanks again!
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

nuorc wrote:Maybe it should be, but I don't think it actually works like that. If I'm not mistaken, in vanilla the efb is higher to discourage from camping
It is like that but it dosn't count upkeep so it liek 'as if you had all villaged but no units'
nuorc wrote: In LotI I usually get less from efb than from camping, but since the introduction of Beelzebub I usually go for the early finish.
not sure whether thats teh casue but wesnoth 1.12 has a bug where the early finish bonus doesn't use team sepcific income/village income but the standard income of 2 or 1. This was fixed in wesnoth 1.13
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

MarcinBX wrote:You can but this is really hard to balance.
Most players don't read Your files to gain knowledge about AMLAs right?
Alternatively, the first advancement could give Efraim some extra weapon special.
nuorc wrote:In LotI I usually get less from efb than from camping, but since the introduction of Beelzebub I usually go for the early finish.
Nice to see that Beelzebub actually fulfils his purpose.
gfgtdf wrote:not sure whether thats teh casue but wesnoth 1.12 has a bug where the early finish bonus doesn't use team sepcific income/village income but the standard income of 2 or 1. This was fixed in wesnoth 1.13
This is exactly the root of the problem. Will there be some later 1.12 version that would fix it? IMO, it's quite a huge bug.

I will try to disable bonus altogether in that part.