Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

ZIM

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by ZIM »

ZIM wrote:Also, I notice that Elvish Gryphon Rider's male sprite looks like a female, and by that I mean that the male sprite have breast.
This would have been noticed long before. Aren't that just male pectorals? The female sprite's shirt was deliberately made more revealing to make a visible difference between them.
But, to me it's looks like breasts. Or maybe my eyes are just deceiving me.

I've been wondering, is it intended that if an enemy is killed by an unit besides side 1, it can drop item?
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

The_Gnat wrote:Hi just wondering if any work is being done to improve portraits?
So, at least there's no work done by Dugi... :whistle:

He just told me he might use a Dragon Rider portrait with a dragon if I happened to have some. Unfortunately I'm not capable to franken something like that... :whistle:
Spoiler:
ZIM wrote:But, to me it's looks like breasts.
I agree that it looks like the males have female breasts, and males are only discernible by comparison/knowing about the females' bare bellies.
I have a cunning plan.
Chewan

Post by Chewan »

The_Gnat wrote:just wondering if any work is being done to improve portraits
Updated character portraits have already been suggested a few times.
There are alternatives available, check SlyVenom's portraits for LotI.
I appreciate his work and replaced all protagonists in the LotI/images/portraits-folder.
And this is my amateurish Dragon_Rider … ;)
dragon-rider.jpg
dragon-rider.jpg (60.29 KiB) Viewed 4397 times
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

ZIM wrote:I've been wondering, is it intended that if an enemy is killed by an unit besides side 1, it can drop item?
Yes.
nuorc wrote:I agree that it looks like the males have female breasts, and males are only discernible by comparison/knowing about the females' bare bellies.
The male chest was copied from Elvish Sharpshooter. Somehow, it did not look very male, so I had to make the female one clearly visible. Gender matters when you encounter succubi/incubi after all.
Chewan wrote:And this is my amateurish Dragon_Rider … ;)
Do you guys accept this one?
ZIM

Post by ZIM »

Dugi wrote:
nuorc wrote:I agree that it looks like the males have female breasts, and males are only discernible by comparison/knowing about the females' bare bellies.
The male chest was copied from Elvish Sharpshooter. Somehow, it did not look very male, so I had to make the female one clearly visible. Gender matters when you encounter succubi/incubi after all.
But, if we can't differentiate the male one from the female one, we may get confused when encountering succubi/incubi.
Dugi wrote:Do you guys accept this one?
I think that it looks good, but the dragon seems to be smaller than it should be. The dragon should be more bigger than an usual horse.
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

ZIM wrote:But, if we can't differentiate the male one from the female one, we may get confused when encountering succubi/incubi.
Now that you know that the females have bare bellies you shouldn't have a problem. Even I can do it. ;)

Maybe we're lucky and someone reduces the cup-size on the males. :)

Dugi wrote:
Do you guys accept this one?
Äh, hüstel, I was under the impression it wasn't a real submission. The dragon's neck/head part needs to be ~three times as big (and the human shrunk).
I have a cunning plan.
rytas

Post by rytas »

Hi,

is anyone willing to take a look at LotIMod?

I'm quite new to WML, but the reason there are no item/gem drops at all appears to be that the drop events are not loaded by the mod.

I have tried adding {DROPS ..} macro near {GLOBAL_EVENTS} in _main.cfg of LotIMod but this seems to have no effect (as also my other experiments).

Any ideas / advice?
gabe6044

Post by gabe6044 »

So I am playing the campaign on PC for the first time and I decided to speed through via debug mode shenanigans to where I was in the iPhone version. I'm encountering this strange thing where lethalia and efraim seem to randomly get damage nerfed on some turns leading to them dealing like 1 damage. Is this an intended thing or some strange bug? Never encountered it on iPhone but I'm wondering if it's associated with my using debug to give advancements and stuff?
dabber

Post by dabber »

gabe6044 wrote:I'm encountering this strange thing where lethalia and efraim seem to randomly get damage nerfed on some turns leading to them dealing like 1 damage. Is this an intended thing or some strange bug?
This is easy to find. Read the descriptions of weapon specials. Read previous forum posts. Answer is big Area of Effect applies lethargy.
Last edited by dabber on February 21st, 2017, 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dabber

Post by dabber »

I just decided to get myself a Lunatic Knight. When the Lancer went to level 3, I was given the option of 2 Lunatic Knights to choose from, both seemingly the same. I presume that is a bug.

Other players, is there a reason to have a Lunatic Knight? A Dragon Rider seems far better.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Hi I have also done a Franken dragon http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... 3&start=15 its not awesome though.... :whistle:

Also if you keep your eye on my thread I am working on frankening portraits for a number of other units for my era, some of them might be good :D for LotI
rytas

Post by rytas »

So i'm answering myself, it actually appears to work now (must be the cache?).

Still, the {DROPS ..} line needs to be tuned to actual scenario (enemy sides, drop rates) and also LotI utils/global_events.cfg needs to be hacked if player sides are not in 1-5 (ie, Top_Scrolling_Wesnoth_120 player sides are 8,9).

So to enable item drops for Top_Scrolling_Wesnoth_120 survival i have so far:

1. addons/LotIMod/_main.cfg: added before "{GLOBAL_EVENTS}":

Code: Select all

{DROPS 9 13 (axe,axe,staff,staff,sword,sword,knife,bow,dagger,xbow,spear,spear,bow,dagger,mace) yes 1,2,3,4,5,6,7}
2. add-ons/Legend_of_the_Invincibles/utils/global_events.cfg: replaced all occurences of:

#ifndef MULTIPLAYER
                side=1
#else
                side=1,2,3,4,5
#endif 
with:

#ifndef MULTIPLAYER
                side=1
#else
#ifdef TSW_HUMAN_SIDE
                side=8,9
#else
                side=1,2,3,4,5
#endif
#endif 
Edit: after testing the ifdef above does not seem to work (LotI defines are loaded before TSW defines?), just replace "side=1,2,3,4,5" to "side=8,9" in the savegame, or in global_events.cfg but this will break other maps...

3. there might be something else, need to test,
4. hacking LotI files is bad practice, should be configurable, but that requires some code refactoring i guess...

rytas wrote:Hi,
is anyone willing to take a look at LotIMod?
I'm quite new to WML, but the reason there are no item/gem drops at all appears to be that the drop events are not loaded by the mod.
I have tried adding {DROPS ..} macro near {GLOBAL_EVENTS} in _main.cfg of LotIMod but this seems to have no effect (as also my other experiments).
Any ideas / advice?
Last edited by rytas on February 22nd, 2017, 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Good job thanks rytas, its much better with drops 8)
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

ZIM wrote:I think that it looks good, but the dragon seems to be smaller than it should be. The dragon should be more bigger than an usual horse.
I have no idea how that could be frankened together.
dabber wrote:I just decided to get myself a Lunatic Knight. When the Lancer went to level 3, I was given the option of 2 Lunatic Knights to choose from, both seemingly the same. I presume that is a bug.
That is what you get for using debug mode. One of the two will be broken permanently, causing smaller problems until you get rid of him.
The_Gnat wrote:Also if you keep your eye on my thread I am working on frankening portraits for a number of other units for my era, some of them might be good :D for LotI
I will certainly forget. Please notify me when you make something I could use.
rytas wrote:hacking LotI files is bad practice, should be configurable, but that requires some code refactoring i guess...
There is no way to come to a universal solution with replacing the stuff inside the #ifdef clauses. It would not be a hard problem to replace it with some variable containing the list of sides. However, how would it detect who is the the player? If it checked all sides for having a human controller, it would prevent making scenarios with a dungeon master. If it was a definable setting, multiple definitions would clash in multiplayer. If it was defined in some prestart event, it would require an extra macro placed in all usual scenarios. Maybe a prestart event that could be turned off with some macro?
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

Dugi wrote:That is what you get for using debug mode. One of the two will be broken permanently, causing smaller problems until you get rid of him.
@Dugi: didn't you advice to always chose the second? And I don't think there was a way to get rid of those once you have that issue.

dabber wrote:Other players, is there a reason to have a Lunatic Knight? A Dragon Rider seems far better.
I'm not one to rely on charge, so I wouldn't get a Lunatic Knight. I like to have one Dragon Rider, but my cav (1 DR, 2 Prophets, 2 Chaos Riders) is only auxiliary atm anyway.
Spoiler:
I have a cunning plan.