Merlin's Basement

Make art for user-made content.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:

Re: Merlin's Basement

Postby Ravana » February 17th, 2017, 8:49 am

I would be interested in both the Yokai units. That faction could use some higher level units.
Ravana

Postby ForestDragon » February 17th, 2017, 9:22 am

I like the third level of line A and the second level of line B! I think i might add the line B guy to TGA
maintainer of add-ons made by inferno8: Era of Magic, and an extremely visually beautiful campaign: To Lands Unknown
Creator of Tale of Alan (abandoned) and The Golden Age (my era, also rather abandoned),XP Bank
"Join the code side, we have COOKIES!!!" :)
ForestDragon

Postby The_Gnat » February 17th, 2017, 10:01 pm

Nice i like those fire units in line C, and the khalifate look really good! :D
The_Gnat

Postby MerlinCross » March 19th, 2017, 11:13 pm

*Claws out of the Earth*

See this is why you play Undead. You can always count on a necromancer to have your back. I don't bring cut outs like I promised but I bring pictures for a campaign I'm working on.

gatherer.png
gatherer.png (1.23 KiB) Viewed 431 times

looter.png
looter.png (1.29 KiB) Viewed 431 times

First idea is a Saurian unit based on one I found from the forums. Talentless I believe. No that's not an insult, Talentless was the screen name of the guy. I haven't done much other than try to give it a bag/backpack(Lifted from Dwarven Miner for Scepter of Fire). I then made an upgrade for it. Currently neither of them do much in the campaign though I picture the Looter to either steal gold or gain HP/Damage through kills(Like they yoink weapons or armor to use). Problems;better chest, need to make the weapon stand out a bit more and same with the bag.

hammer.png
hammer.png (1.15 KiB) Viewed 431 times

Other idea was to have a Hammer Saurian. I know they exist(In Across the Ocean) but I like the idea of a larger hammer than the little ones they have. Yoinked it from Dwarven Fighter line. Need to fix the arms and it still uses Gatherer as a base. So need to fix the chest.
MerlinCross

Postby The_Gnat » March 24th, 2017, 9:13 pm

These saurians are really good! :D I like the looter best he looks sneaky 8)
The_Gnat

Postby MerlinCross » April 6th, 2017, 6:48 am

bandit.png
bandit.png (1.26 KiB) Viewed 323 times

Maybe a rework of the Looter. Or upgrade.

forager.png
forager.png (1.29 KiB) Viewed 323 times

Messing around with the idea of Gatherer breaking off into two lines. One is the Looter, bashy line. This line, Forager, is more lightly armed and geared but has an advantage in ability/range(like one more movement and comes with a Slow effect on their bash).

I also like playing around with the idea of Saurians making weapons based on whatever they can get since they aren't allied with Drakes outright(At least not in the campagin I'm working on). So simple weapons, in this case just a lump of metal at the end of a stick. Also the shields...., well I don't know what the normal shields are supposed to be made out of(How much blacksmithing do they do) so I'm trying recolors to make it look more leather or wooden. I'm not sure about my success.
MerlinCross

Postby The_Gnat » April 6th, 2017, 7:46 am

You have done a good job, and I like the idea of more primitive weapons! Maybe some saurians wood even throw stones. Also I can imagine that in a swamp it is hard to come by good weapons and many saurians would be limited to sticks such as you have drawn. (Also if you are interested in high level saurians the next update of my era The reign of the lords includes upgrades for all saurians up to lvl 4)
The_Gnat

Previous

Return to Art Workshop