Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

gabe6044

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by gabe6044 »

Also just discovered a glitch, efraim is getting his third soul eater advancement path, but I can't choose one because it doesn't let me scroll since I play on iPhone. Is there any solution to this or is my game just broken now...
dabber

Post by dabber »

That is a problem with the iOS port, not Legend of the Invincibles.

The main page of wesnoth.org has been looking for someone to maintain the iOS port for a long time. The post is only 6 months old, but I remember iOS being a problem well before that.
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

@gabe6044: Yup, as far as I know things have been 'not so great' for iPhone for a long time. One strategy might be to chose upgrades that limit the number of options, see this post and a few following...
I have a cunning plan.
Delicius169

Post by Delicius169 »

Couldnt it be solved just in making version without souleater advancement? It should be just one file?
dabber

Post by dabber »

Is there a way for WML to know what the operating system is? This page says there is a define for APPLE, but that seems to be Max OS X, which probably is not iOS.
gabe6044

Post by gabe6044 »

Actually I discovered a workaround, if you go in the accessibility menu and enable the zoom feature you can still select an option and continue. It isn't perfect but it works.
Celtic_Minstrel
Developer

Post by Celtic_Minstrel »

WML shouldn't be attempting to detect the operating system at all, and you probably shouldn't rely on the APPLE define existing forever.
Author of The Black Cross of Aleron campaign and Default++ era.
Former maintainer of Steelhive.
ZIM

Post by ZIM »

Hello,

I want to report a bug. The bug is that one of Elvish Juggernaut's AMLA is buggy. The option shows a sword icon, but without an description. Nothing seems happen if I choose that AMLA.

Also, I notice that Elvish Gryphon Rider's male sprite looks like a female, and by that I mean that the male sprite have breast.
dabber

Post by dabber »

ZIM wrote:I want to report a bug. The bug is that one of Elvish Juggernaut's AMLA is buggy. The option shows a sword icon, but without an description. Nothing seems happen if I choose that AMLA.
I've AMLA'd a juggernaut recently and not noticed a problem. Is this the first AMLA? When this shows up, what are the other AMLA options? Are you using 1.13 or 1.12?
dabber

Post by dabber »

Celtic_Minstrel wrote:WML shouldn't be attempting to detect the operating system at all, and you probably shouldn't rely on the APPLE define existing forever.
I was thinking of giving him a way to temporarily hack it to work, since I've heard this problem in LotI since I first played it.
I'm really glad gabe6044 found a work around - we need to remember that one for the next time someone asks. I suggest Dugi edit the opening post to add that suggestion to the iPhone users paragraph.
ZIM

Post by ZIM »

Regarding the Elvish Juggernaut's AMLA problem,

I have discovered that the option with missing description is mayhem. I didn't realize it until now because it didn't show in the unit information menu in the advancement taken section. Strangely, it is shown in the advancement by books/redeem/soul eater section.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

angelofhell_au wrote:One more thing, in the master version I've downloaded from github....it has a bug that whenever I equip weapon to an unit...it makes unit's attack reduce to 1 attack..
Fixed.
Wussel wrote: I am not sure where to hack that highlander thingy, but should be easy too.
I know which single line can be edited to give highlander to all units recruited in that scenario. I am leaving it to you guys as an exercise.
dabber wrote: In concept, I think {GREATER_AMLA_DEFAULT_BONUSES} should only appear on the main characters and their near-godly friends. But it also appears semi-randomly in a few other unit files, and I think those lines should be {AMLA_DEFAULT_BONUSES}. Just search the unit directory for it and you'll see.
Hello again. Nice to see you back. I have fixed it.
MarcinBX wrote:playing normally You can earn 8000-9000 in this mission
How?
The_Warder wrote:Hi, I just wanted to say thank you for making such a fun campaign and I've really enjoyed it. I wanted to bring to your attention a bug that I've encountered, not sure if you've heard of it, but every time I use an AOE attack, the attacks of the unit who used the AOE all drop to 1, making their defense nonexistent. This also happens to units affected by the blood rain in part IX, even if they didn't attack. Also, is there any way to disable the blood rain? I understand why you put it in but I personally enjoyed it more when it wasn't there. Thanks
I am pleased you like it ^_^
The thing that is happening is deliberate (it is debated if it is the best solution). It is the drawback of using powerful AoE attacks. Some other things also cause it. The reduced damage gets back after a few turns, following an exponential decay.
marecki wrote:A bug I found (not counting the already reported Touch if Death issue): if an attack that would kill Belzebuub spawns a zombie (for example through a weapon special), the Lord of Flies doesn't drop any loot (and the death dialogue doesn't trigger).
Made him immune to plague.
gabe6044 wrote:So I've been trying for units with highlander and reset hundreds of times, recruiting several units per reset. Haven't once seen a unit with highlander, am I doing something wrong or am I just that unlucky???
Reloading rolls back the random seeds, causing the random events to happen in the same way they did before. So if you were unlucky not to get a highlander in 10 attempts, after reloading you will be as unlucky as before.
gabe6044 wrote:Actually I discovered a workaround, if you go in the accessibility menu and enable the zoom feature you can still select an option and continue. It isn't perfect but it works.
Excellent, I will recommend this to others. Nobody has ever posted a viable solution (except one that jailbreaks iPhone).
ZIM wrote:Also, I notice that Elvish Gryphon Rider's male sprite looks like a female, and by that I mean that the male sprite have breast.
This would have been noticed long before. Aren't that just male pectorals? The female sprite's shirt was deliberately made more revealing to make a visible difference between them.
ZIM wrote:I have discovered that the option with missing description is mayhem. I didn't realize it until now because it didn't show in the unit information menu in the advancement taken section. Strangely, it is shown in the advancement by books/redeem/soul eater section.
Thanks. I found what was wrong.

Post by gfgtdf »

Dugi wrote:Reloading rolls back the random seeds, causing the random events to happen in the same way they did before. So if you were unlucky not to get a highlander in 10 attempts, after reloading you will be as unlucky as before.
At least in 1.13 (and i think also in 1.12 not 100% sure tohugh) this shouldn't be the the case anymore (1.13 has a preference 'detetministic mode' to set this bahviour though).
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Hi just wondering if any work is being done to improve portraits? (In particular krux, delenia, lilith)

(Ephraim and lithalia have acceptably good portraits)
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

gfgtdf wrote:At least in 1.13 (and i think also in 1.12 not 100% sure tohugh) this shouldn't be the the case anymore (1.13 has a preference 'detetministic mode' to set this bahviour though).
My observations might be obsolete, it seems.
The_Gnat wrote:Hi just wondering if any work is being done to improve portraits? (In particular krux, delenia, lilith)
No. These portraits are the best quality I can produce. The guy who made the main characters' portraits left the forums long ago and visits rarely now.