Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

MarcinBX

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by MarcinBX »

Dugi wrote:#Beelzebub
He becomes terribly strong if you summon him multiple times. You should not be able to summon him more times, there is a bug that allows it, I have fixed it but it's not yet uploaded.
Yeah but he is especially important if You summon second before killing first.:)
I did this by mistake.
New Beelzebub was weak 200hp but old was improved again and again. Before turn 50 he had 40 000 damage per attack.
I have fixed the Beelzebub-almost-impossible-to-hit bug.

It is easy to abuse gold income in 3rd chapter.
there is a shop in this chapter, units without income and 100% gold is going to next scenarios. I don't know if this is good or bad.
but
playing normally You can earn 8000-9000 in this mission
Journey South scenario
I had 14 000 when i reached shop and i was able to buy 5 black pearls. I could buy more.

dabber:
I think the AoE attacks applying big lethargy is a problem.
but You earn all XP now.
One good AoE can kill 10 units and give You a lot of XP points. 200 - 300 xp per attack is very powerful
even 10 level 1 units give 80 xp
Attachments
WESNOTH.jpg
dabber

Post by dabber »

MarcinBX wrote:dabber:
I think the AoE attacks applying big lethargy is a problem.
but You earn all XP now.
One good AoE can kill 10 units and give You a lot of XP points. 200 - 300 xp per attack is very powerful
even 10 level 1 units give 80 xp
I did miss that you earn XP for all kills now. Thank you for pointing that out. I'm not used to killing a lot with the AoEs, though it makes leveling them up a lot more attractive.
MarcinBX

Post by MarcinBX »

dabber wrote: I did miss that you earn XP for all kills now. Thank you for pointing that out. I'm not used to killing a lot with the AoEs, though it makes leveling them up a lot more attractive.
Yeah. That's true. I don't think that perfectly balanced but this is interesting. I enjoy this change:)
ZIM

Post by ZIM »

To Dugi,
The fake Lethalia didn't cause any problem. What I meant is in chapter 6, when you triggered Beelzebub for the first time, Lethalia should be talking to Efraim about Beelzebub, but because in this chapter I choose Efraim, there is no Lethalia to reply his comments, only Lethalia-fake.
Sellanes

Post by Sellanes »

Some weeks ago, I was about to defeat Akula (final scenario of chapter V) and my game crashed. The next time I opened the game I had lost all my saved files. I will not play the campaign from the beginning again, I plan to continue with the second part. Nevertheless, I would appreciate it if someone could give me some kind of summary of what happens after defeating Akula.
Thanks.
firefox

Post by firefox »

Sellanes wrote:Some weeks ago, I was about to defeat Akula (final scenario of chapter V) and my game crashed. The next time I opened the game I had lost all my saved files. I will not play the campaign from the beginning again, I plan to continue with the second part. Nevertheless, I would appreciate it if someone could give me some kind of summary of what happens after defeating Akula.
Thanks.
if i remember correctly, the magi succeeded in the creation of the 3rd sun but failed to lift it into the sky.
it fell down to earth and caused the cataclysm that destroyed wesnoth.
the heroes were buried under the rubble, and the beginning of part 2 takes up at that point when they awake after a long time.
may the source be with you
=(^.^)= nyan~
MarcinBX

Post by MarcinBX »

firefox wrote:
Sellanes wrote:Some weeks ago, I was about to defeat Akula (final scenario of chapter V) and my game crashed. The next time I opened the game I had lost all my saved files. I will not play the campaign from the beginning again, I plan to continue with the second part. Nevertheless, I would appreciate it if someone could give me some kind of summary of what happens after defeating Akula.
Thanks.
if i remember correctly, the magi succeeded in the creation of the 3rd sun but failed to lift it into the sky.
it fell down to earth and caused the cataclysm that destroyed wesnoth.
the heroes were buried under the rubble, and the beginning of part 2 takes up at that point when they awake after a long time.
It is worth to add that Lethalia helped them with this failing.
Lethalia destroyed whole city to stop them and sun fell down on heroes. I can send you my save if You want to read all of this:)
Sellanes

Post by Sellanes »

MarcinBX wrote: It is worth to add that Lethalia helped them with this failing.
Lethalia destroyed whole city to stop them and sun fell down on heroes. I can send you my save if You want to read all of this:)
Really?! It'd be great
MarcinBX

Post by MarcinBX »

Sellanes wrote:
MarcinBX wrote: It is worth to add that Lethalia helped them with this failing.
Really?! It'd be great
Just use Elvish Seer to beat Akula.
Attachments
LotI1-Akula's_Place_Turn_3.gz
(1.09 MiB) Downloaded 229 times
LotI1-Akula's_Place_Turn_6.gz
(1.12 MiB) Downloaded 186 times
The_Warder

Post by The_Warder »

Hi, I just wanted to say thank you for making such a fun campaign and I've really enjoyed it. I wanted to bring to your attention a bug that I've encountered, not sure if you've heard of it, but every time I use an AOE attack, the attacks of the unit who used the AOE all drop to 1, making their defense nonexistent. This also happens to units affected by the blood rain in part IX, even if they didn't attack. Also, is there any way to disable the blood rain? I understand why you put it in but I personally enjoyed it more when it wasn't there. Thanks
Shinigami936

Post by Shinigami936 »

Can someone upload a save either right before mechanical dungeon or at the start of the that chapter?
The dungeon broke for me, all enemy units would just move toward me endlessly without attacking. Happened a long time ago and I forgot to give a bug report, save is gone now.
marecki

Post by marecki »

I'm really late to the party here, 408 forum pages... Anyway, thank you for making this great campaign. I've been enjoying it a lot - so much fun stuff added, so many powergaming options. :)
A bug I found (not counting the already reported Touch if Death issue): if an attack that would kill Belzebuub spawns a zombie (for example through a weapon special), the Lord of Flies doesn't drop any loot (and the death dialogue doesn't trigger).

Would it be possible to disable / add a toggle for some of the, uh, visual enhancements, like the 'pulsating blue hex' around the Duke unit, or Cloak of the Assassin Leader? Gotta say it's rather distracting.
MarcinBX

Post by MarcinBX »

Shinigami936 wrote:Can someone upload a save either right before mechanical dungeon or at the start of the that chapter?
The dungeon broke for me, all enemy units would just move toward me endlessly without attacking. Happened a long time ago and I forgot to give a bug report, save is gone now.
Have fun
Attachments
LotI1-Northwestern_Storeroom.gz
(271.11 KiB) Downloaded 162 times
LotI1-Into_the_Shadows.gz
(214.06 KiB) Downloaded 191 times
LotI1-Entrance.gz
(281.7 KiB) Downloaded 149 times
gabe6044

Post by gabe6044 »

So I've been trying for units with highlander and reset hundreds of times, recruiting several units per reset. Haven't once seen a unit with highlander, am I doing something wrong or am I just that unlucky???
MarcinBX

Post by MarcinBX »

gabe6044 wrote:So I've been trying for units with highlander and reset hundreds of times, recruiting several units per reset. Haven't once seen a unit with highlander, am I doing something wrong or am I just that unlucky???
Unlucky or You recruit undead units.
I never had highlander in chapter 3(when Your units always have loyal + somehting else) and i don't know if You can find Highlander there.