The Reign of the Lords

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

LEO33

Re: The Reign of the Lords

Post by LEO33 »

Hello!

Advancing units to RotL upgrades don't work with the Default era, in Multiplayer game versus AI, both in Scenarios and Random Maps :( . Reign of the Lords Advancement Modification is on. Using the current latest version of the mod (1.2.1.2). In single-player campaigns it is ok. Playing on BfW v1.12.6.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

LEO33 wrote:Hello!

Advancing units to RotL upgrades don't work with the Default era, in Multiplayer game versus AI, both in Scenarios and Random Maps :( . Reign of the Lords Advancement Modification is on. Using the current latest version of the mod (1.2.1.2). In single-player campaigns it is ok. Playing on BfW v1.12.6.
Thank you for posting this problem. :D I have run a few tests and unfortunately do not see this error, so I would appreciate it if you would upload a replay or say particular units that you tested that didn't advance.

Please note that the reign of the lords multiplayer advancement mod does not show the new units but when a unit advances it is supposed to advance to the new unit anyway, also it may have errors with special events and items, that advance units automatically.

Thank you and with more information I will hopefully be able to solve this issue.
LEO33

Post by LEO33 »

The_Gnat wrote:Thank you for posting this problem. :D I have run a few tests and unfortunately do not see this error, so I would appreciate it if you would upload a replay or say particular units that you tested that didn't advance.
You were right. It seems when using the debug command :unit advances=N, that unit does not advance to the RotL upgrade. The first thing I do when testing custom eras is using that command to advance the custom units. But…
The_Gnat wrote:Please note that the reign of the lords multiplayer advancement mod does not show the new units but when a unit advances it is supposed to advance to the new unit anyway, also it may have errors with special events and items, that advance units automatically.
Thanks for the clarification. Now I tried again without using that debug command, and the units advanced normally as should, even when using :unit experience=amount.

:arrow: So in the end, the advancement doesn't work when using :unit advances=N.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Thank you for posting again I also am currently trying to find a way to make it more versatile. Basically I have currently coded it to modify the advancements of certain 3rd level units when they first attack. So unfortunately no attack means no advancement.

And thank you very much for your feedback!
LEO33

Post by LEO33 »

More feedback:

I mainly play this era for default units that advance to level 4 and 5. And I recommend these suggestions to truly make this a real high quality custom era:
:eng: Recommended suggestions:
As you can see, for me, it would be better if you remove all-together the artworks and descriptions of the units that I have written above, until better replacements are found or updated.
Should you do these changes, I am sure this era would be very much successful. :)
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Thank you again for your feedback. I am confused about 1 thing however you say often in your comment "artwork is the same" For example:
Elvish Vendicator - Artwork is the same as Elvish Avenger, update it.
However the vendicator has this image:
assassin.png
assassin.png (4.86 KiB) Viewed 6528 times
And the avenger has this image :
avenger.png
avenger.png (1.95 KiB) Viewed 6523 times
These images aren't the same. Do you mean that they are too similar, and a new image should be made for the vedicator?

Similarily you said the Troll Shaman and Magical have the same artwork

However the magical has this image:
fireshaman.png
fireshaman.png (4.03 KiB) Viewed 6522 times
and the shaman has this image:
shaman.png
shaman.png (1.21 KiB) Viewed 6522 times
Also you have said the Orcish Warmonger's artwork is not found. However when i play the game the units picture looks fine. Could you upload a replay of it not loading, or say how you saw it not loading (multiplayer, campaign, unit database) so i can fix it.

As for the other changes you recommended i will try to implement them. As for the merman, drakes, outlaws and khalifate i plan on creating new advancements for them but do not currently have time nor artwork for them.

Another edit ;) also the Mage of Nature advances from the White Mage.

:D Thank you for your feedback!
LEO33

Post by LEO33 »

The_Gnat wrote:I am confused about 1 thing however you say often in your comment "artwork is the same"!
Sorry, my bad, by artwork I meant the unit portraits when you click the unit profiles to see their descriptions. :oops:

I am eagerly waiting for you to fix the units and add the additional advancements for the units I wrote you about.

Keep up the good work! :)
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Oh yes the unit portraits, unfortunately I am not much of an artist so it takes time for me to make aditional good quality portraits (in truth I mainly combine parts of other people's work) but I will see what I can do. Thank you for your input it is encouraging to have people interested in my addon!

I have released a half completed version with many new units (advancements of the goblins, bat, elvish scout, troll rock lobber, dwarvish king, and others)
numberlen

Post by numberlen »

By the way, could I ask what is the intended counter to the Eternal Lich?
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

numberlen wrote:By the way, could I ask what is the intended counter to the Eternal Lich?
:D that is a very good question. Unfortunately the undead faction has not yet been balanced so I can only suggest: five or six fire units which you are prepared to loose. :mrgreen:

Similarily I have found thar the prince of darkness can kill an entire army of lvl 3 units. So I will attempt to address these flaws.

Thank you for posting and I will definitely make sure there is a counter for that unit in each of the other factions.
LEO33

Post by LEO33 »

Mage of Nature still does not advance from White Mage (I temporary fixed it by changing line 60 in utils\advancement_events.cfg).
Dwarvish Iron Bear still is not associated to any default appropriate unit.

Also, to remind you once again, I hope you add advancements to these units I found so far that still that don't have additional advancements, in order for this era to be a complete "additional advancements" era:
Default units:
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

LEO33 wrote:Mage of Nature still does not advance from White Mage (I temporary fixed it by changing line 60 in utils\advancement_events.cfg).
Dwarvish Iron Bear still is not associated to any default appropriate unit.
:P Whoops, my bad (it advanced in Single player and i got confused ;) )
LEO33 wrote:Also, to remind you once again, I hope you add advancements to these units I found so far that still that don't have additional advancements, in order for this era to be a complete "additional advancements" era:
I will try to make these changes soon! :D
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

I am currently working on adding many new 4th level units and will hopefully add them in a few days time.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Leo33 requested I make new 4th level units for more units. Here is the thread with my progress. After I make sprites I will try to gather portraits for the units also! If anyone has any particular requests please post them and I will try to make them a priority. :D
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

NEW RELEASE 1.2.3

The Reign of The Lords 1.2.3 has now been released!

Version 1.2.3 contains many, many new units as requested by LEO33 here is a image of the newest additions:
units.png
units.png (89.41 KiB) Viewed 6255 times
Spoiler:
Changes since version 1.2.2
- The Credits have been updated to list every unit in the game
- Added Elvish hierophant, Troll Fire Wizard, Merman Praetorian, Merman Admiral, Merman Raetarius, Merman Spear Caster, Goblin Piercer, Goblin Trumpeter, Orion, Infiltrator, Forest Warden, Armoured Highwayman, Revolutionary, Naga Centurion, Elvish Gryphonier, Great Ogre, Ancient Ogre, and advancement of Jouster (Catarphact)
- Master Dragonguard no longer has fire as its ranged attack
-The golden mage has been removed because of lack of uniqueness
-The reaper has been removed temporarily because of a not good enough sprite
-The skymarshal has been changed to have no bow and be in an alt advancement line as the mounted expiditionary
-Added advancement for white mage to mage of nature in multiplayer
-Balanced the Eternal Lich
- Renamed many units:
- The Nightblade has been renamed the Ninja and the Ninja has been renamed the Night Blade
- The Pilum Master has been renamed the Velite
- The King of the Mountain has been renamed the Dwarvish Regal
- Renamed the Battleserker to the Rampager
- The Prophetess of Fire has been renamed the Prophet
- Made many sprite changes:
-Added male version of Prophetess of Fire
-Modified elvish avatar's sprite
-Slight mod to the Elvish Star's face
-Changed the color of the ninja and renamed him to the nightblade
-Added cave runner melee animations thanks to Forest Dragon
-Removed Ancient Ogres spear
- Other minor animations have been fixed (such as the eternal liches defense anim)
Currently many of these new units still do not have unique portraits that is my goal for the next release. If you see any bugs, animation problems, missing descriptions, unbalanced units or if you have any requests please post them! :D

The Reign of the Lords for 1.13 has been released!