Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

Whiskeyjack

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Whiskeyjack »

nuorc wrote:
Dugi wrote:The jaws are deliberately much stronger than other attacks to outbalance the lack of items for them.
Well, I found a wolf where that might be true, but for Skellie for example it isn't: jaw 10-4, claws 25-2. When I equip Konrad's Might the claws do nearly twice as much dmg than the jaw.

But if you don't like my Beisser-suggestion it's ok.
I argued for that before as well, but I can understand Dugi's point to have some attacks you just can't get weapons for. It's more fun that way. Regarding the jaws: they might be weaker, but they can get drain, that should account for something (except in bloody Akula's dungeon) :D

Edit: Btw, Dugi: A poll with 40 people taking part must be record for the forums, congratz :D
Under blood-red skies, an old man sits
In the ruins of Carthage - contemplating prophecy.
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

@Dugi: Is it intentional that the Exterminator's Scythe doesn't give the Exterminator an extra attack? Or would you be willing to raise the 'plus 30% attacks' to 33% (34%?)?

Whiskeyjack wrote:Regarding the jaws: they might be weaker, but they can get drain, that should account for something (except in bloody Akula's dungeon) :D
Yeah, I saw the drain, but wouldn't know how to factor that in. (And I'm just outside Akula's dungeon; I see a lot of soulgating in my near future, as I haven't followed my own advice to keep the recall list clean...)
I have a cunning plan.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Hello Dugi, here are two screenshots of what happens when i install (a fresh install of version 3.1.23) of LotI.

Now i realize that this probably isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen immediately after i install LotI and disappears if i remove LotI, so i believe LotI must be the cause.
Screen Shots
A menu item appears:
image2.png
And under it is a entire menu system of help options:
image.png
EDIT: here also is a screen shot of the inspector, now it has many events in it
inspector.png
EDIT: and thank you for the help, i would like to play LotI! :D
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Hello, i updated to version 3.1.23b and my problem seems to have been solved! Thank you :D ! What was causing that problem?
ZIM

Post by ZIM »

I want to report a few bug,

1.Beelzebub die event doesn't trigger when he's killed when infected, and therefore no item is dropped.

2.Also, the message when Beelzebub is about to triggered contains invalid markup, as shown in this screenshot :
Screenshot
Screenshot
3.One of the enemy leaders on scenario "Army of Darkness" are missing. When I look into the cfg files, I found nothing odd except the a typo in the undeads side, that is "canrecrut=yes". When I fixed it, two of the undead leader is missing.

4.When I want to load chapter 3, there is a error message that says "Unknown unit type : Will_o'_Wisp". When I look into the cfg files, it's empty.
Last edited by ZIM on January 17th, 2017, 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
seangregorycarroll

Post by seangregorycarroll »

What is the difference between mayhem and lethargy?

Also, could someone give a better explanation of 'wrath', 'struggle', and 'horrid'?

Thank you :)
The Roots of Violence: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Knowledge without character, Commerce without morality, Science without humanity, Worship without sacrifice, Politics without principles -Gandhi
firefox

Post by firefox »

seangregorycarroll wrote:What is the difference between mayhem and lethargy?

Also, could someone give a better explanation of 'wrath', 'struggle', and 'horrid'?

Thank you :)
if i remember correctly, it goes like this:

Lethargy is an aura that lowers damage of adjacent units.
Mayhem is a weapon special that decreases the damage of the target until the end of the scenario or the target advances a level.
Horrid is an offensive weapon special that decreases the enemies damage while attacking it.
Struggle is similar but instead of decreasing damage, it increases the attackers evasion.
Wrath is... um... something... that increases damage dealt?
may the source be with you
=(^.^)= nyan~
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

@seangregorycarroll: Did you look in the in-game help or abilities.cfg?
Spoiler:
I have a cunning plan.
Celtic_Minstrel
Developer

Post by Celtic_Minstrel »

seangregorycarroll wrote:What is the difference between mayhem and lethargy?
Game mechanics aside, this is something of an incredible question. I mean, mayhem and lethargy are pretty opposed concepts; there's not really any similarity between them. Lethargy implies a lack of energy, whereas mayhem is some chaotic action which presumably requires a fair amount of energy.
Author of The Black Cross of Aleron campaign and Default++ era.
Former maintainer of Steelhive.
seangregorycarroll

Yes, I have read and reread the descriptions and the wording is not clear to me.

Lethargy: description= _ "When hitting an enemy, the opponent's attack damage decreases by 2. The reduction of damage bonus halves each turn (rounded down)."

Mayhem: description= _ "If this attack hits, opponent's damage is lowered by 1, until he advances."

Many questions arise when I read these two descriptions. For example...
-is the only difference a matter of 1 pt damage? "
-"Until he advances"... until who advances?
-"opponent's damage is lowered by 1"... Overall damage is lowered by 1 or each hit is lowered by 1?

A lot of fascinating weapon specials making for intriguing tactical choices in game but not unless the player fully understands what the capability of the geared unit.
The Roots of Violence: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Knowledge without character, Commerce without morality, Science without humanity, Worship without sacrifice, Politics without principles -Gandhi
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

seangregorycarroll wrote:-is the only difference a matter of 1 pt damage? "
No. The effect of Lethargy goes away with time, while Mayhem's effect stays until the unit advances.
seangregorycarroll wrote:-"Until he advances"... until who advances?
The opponent being hit with a weapon with that special.
seangregorycarroll wrote:-"opponent's damage is lowered by 1"... Overall damage is lowered by 1 or each hit is lowered by 1?
For each hit taken the damage of an attack is lowered (10-3, 9-3, 8-3...).

hth & [acronym=hope that's correct]htc[/acronym]
I have a cunning plan.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

nuorc wrote:Well, I found a wolf where that might be true, but for Skellie for example it isn't: jaw 10-4, claws 25-2. When I equip Konrad's Might the claws do nearly twice as much dmg than the jaw.
You mean the Skeletal Dragon? If yes, then the jaws do low damage exactly because of the drain that somebody mentioned.
nuorc wrote:Edit: Btw, Dugi: A poll with 40 people taking part must be record for the forums, congratz :D
40? Oh really. Maybe I should get moving and start doing some real work in chapters 4 and 9.
nuorc wrote: Is it intentional that the Exterminator's Scythe doesn't give the Exterminator an extra attack? Or would you be willing to raise the 'plus 30% attacks' to 33% (34%?)?
People tend to assume that I have thought out the intricacies and tradeoffs in the item system. It is not true. I am actually amazed to see how much complexity was found in stuff I did with little thought about gameplay.

I can increase it to 35%. If nobody objects.
The_Gnat wrote:Hello, i updated to version 3.1.23b and my problem seems to have been solved! Thank you :D ! What was causing that problem?
In the past, people wondered about mysteries like why don't the stars fall from the sky. Now, we have mysteries like why did the LotI help option appear there with no reason to appear and then disappear without me having done a thing about it.
Zydin wrote:.Beelzebub die event doesn't trigger when he's killed when infected, and therefore no item is dropped.
The circumstances were a bit more specific, but I found them and fixed it.
Zydin wrote:Also, the message when Beelzebub is about to triggered contains invalid markup, as shown in this screenshot :
Fixed.
Zydin wrote:.One of the enemy leaders on scenario "Army of Darkness" are missing. When I look into the cfg files, I found nothing odd except the a typo in the undeads side, that is "canrecrut=yes". When I fixed it, two of the undead leader is missing.
I wonder how could the typo survive there for so long.
Zydin wrote:4.When I want to load chapter 3, there is a error message that says "Unknown unit type : Will_o'_Wisp". When I look into the cfg files, it's empty.
Please update the campaign, there was an error.

#Mayhem and Lethargy
Nuorc knows it right, the lethargy decays over time. The effects of mayhem remain until the unit advances.
Celtic_Minstrel wrote:Game mechanics aside, this is something of an incredible question. I mean, mayhem and lethargy are pretty opposed concepts; there's not really any similarity between them. Lethargy implies a lack of energy, whereas mayhem is some chaotic action which presumably requires a fair amount of energy.
On the other hand, if you become the victim of mayhem, it will have similar effects on your combat abilities as lethargy.

But yeah, in this context, it is somewhat funny.
seangregorycarroll

"People tend to assume that I have thought out the intricacies and tradeoffs in the item system. It is not true. I am actually amazed to see how much complexity was found in stuff I did with little thought about gameplay.

I can increase it to 35%. If nobody objects."

I will say I have to agree. I love to crunch numbers and analyze game mechanics and I have to say you have done a pretty amazing job. On the 'attacks=30', this pretty much always equates to one additional attack in my experience. It's usually just shy of giving that needed % to push it to two attacks.

I had an idea about lesser berserk I have been playing with. I have bumped up the AMLA to berserk 12, slashed the attacks and damage to -50% with no possibility of improvement. Now, the player faces a real challenge in deciding if he wants to gamble on doing more damage than his normal attack but also risking suffering a lot more damage if the dice don't go his way. For me, this is more fun instead of just automatically clicking the berserk option.

Side note, I dont think the incinerate special works properly or my game is bugged because my guy didn't get any experience after the orc burned to death :shock:

Also, tried adding 'attacks=30' to some gauntlets and it game 30 extra attacks instead of 30% more attacks. Again, my coding sucks so possibly my fault.
firefox

Post by firefox »

seangregorycarroll wrote: Side note, I dont think the incinerate special works properly or my game is bugged because my guy didn't get any experience after the orc burned to death :shock:
i think it was designed that way :P
you only get exp for killing by yourself, not through indirect ways like collateral damage.
may the source be with you
=(^.^)= nyan~
ZIM

Post by ZIM »

I've noticed something strange,

After I downloaded the latest version of Loti from github, the alter advancement option doesn't work anymore, every time I clicked one of my unit and try to change the advancement, the game always says, "No advancement was found".

Also, the Orcish Warmonger on scenario "The First Blow" have double mayhem for its greatsword.
Last edited by ZIM on January 22nd, 2017, 5:25 am, edited 2 times in total.