Strange Legacy - 1.16 RPG World (Markets Upgrade)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Delicius169

Re: Strange Legacy - 1.12 RPG World - finished

Post by Delicius169 »

Hi, please could you give me advice?
Spoiler:
I really like Crow quest, it was interesting
Spoiler:
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Sure I'm glad you like it:
Spoiler:
Scarecrow mission
Spoiler:
The future belongs to those, who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Developer of: Trapped, Five Fates, Strange Legacy, Epical, UR Epic Era
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
Delicius169

Post by Delicius169 »

Spoiler:
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Spoiler:
The walkthrough can be found at http://www.heindal.de/strangelegacy/walkthrough.html :D.
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
tr0ll

Post by tr0ll »

i dont know if this was covered in the earlier bug reports, it could be new due to changes in wesnoth 1.13.6 UI code:
whenever i click more than 4 times in one of the deeper temple menus, e.g. the library skill books or praying, the interface becomes extremely slow to the point i have to wait more than a minute for it to recognize a mouse-click. i wonder if there is an unclosed tag or a memory leak of some kind. it also happens sometimes in the other village or city menus.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

hi, so, the new npc talk option is pretty nice, but it's kinda generic so far, could you maybe do the following?:
1.add a chance for random events during talking, such as random chance to trade, getting pickpocketed, ect,
2.have the words/random events vary between races, ect.
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Thanks troll, this hasn't been reported here before. I don't know what is causing it. Maybe having several while loops is causing that.
As it is version 13 I don't take it so serious for now. We will have to see how it develops in version 14.

Hi Dragon, I hope you like the new version. I wanted something else - remember the NPC encounter, where you meet a random npc and it could be a thief, a bandit or a trickster. I will do something like that. But therefore you shouldn't be able to talk to the same npc over and over again. Until i solve this problem there will be just random gossip and a little secret bonus for talking ;).
highquality

Post by highquality »

I updated the add-on and everything is loading now, but at fish ground there are no naga's to kill, and you can only flee.Everything else though is working fine.
Xargon

Post by Xargon »

Wow, I am gone for just a few days and everything is fixed!

Just so I understand the mechanics of equipping units correctly: Now, once you give an item to a unit and leave the scenario, this item is equipped permanently and cannot be changed anymore, right? I guess that is as it was before, except now you cannot equip another suit of armor on top of the old one :D

I like the training books idea. I was a bit irritated after delving in the dungeon: I thought it would be a good idea to level some mercs, only to realize that most unit types would be borderline useless against units like bears, large spiders or even bats with their 80% evasion. This way, you can at least train some good ones. I didn't think of converting enemies to have them as recallable mercs (or didn't think this possible), that is a nice project...

Maybe I will soon regret pointing out the huge singing rewards as this easy source of income is gone now. But maybe it's better not to be tempted by it.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Hi Xargon,

I'm glad you like it. However the amount of gold you can make by singing is still good, if you consider wearing clothes which increase your charisma.
This makes them worth the buy and is a logical thing to do - a bard with fancy clothes.

Hi, hiquality,

there should be naga catchers. I've tested this before uploading. But I'm talking about the fishingground in the Open Sea.
highquality

Post by highquality »

Hi, I'm pretty sure there isn't, and yes, that fish ground in the open sea.I'll load a save and try it again, if it doesn't works, I'll send you screenshots.
highquality

Post by highquality »

The place is empty.Do I perhaps load an older save before I even went out to sea and try again?
Attachments
Screenshot_2017-01-08-17-10-11.png
tr0ll

Post by tr0ll »

i've only ever found one naga at the fishing grounds so you have to make 5 trips. they are rather tough and the ship is weak so it is okay.
highquality

Post by highquality »

The problem in my case is that there are 0 nagas there.You can look into the screenshot.Ill try for the last time loading some saves, going and fleeing a few times, if it doesnt work, then I might try installing other versions of wesnoths port.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

I'm sorry highquality that you are having problems with this scenario. I rechecked the source code and found a bug, or at least say something that could be misinterpreted by some BfW versions or OSs.

I set variable to a value which was 5..7. Usually this was interpreted as 5. Now I have fixed that it is a random between 3 and 7.
It could also be a problem with version 13. However I've already corrected the addon (for all three versions *gnarf*). I hope it will work now.

Kind regards

Heindal