[1.14] Millennium Era - Version 1.2.1.0

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Angelonius

Re: MP - Faction: Vilkai

Post by Angelonius »

It needs portraits.
Bitron
Developer

Post by Bitron »

Angelonius wrote:It needs portraits.
Indeed it does. Hopefully I'll find someone who give them some Portraits, unfortunately I'm not the one who can do that.

Also there is a lack of unit descriptions by now, it still will take a bit of time, but at least they are in process. (:
Angelonius

Post by Angelonius »

Bitron wrote:
Angelonius wrote:It needs portraits.
Indeed it does. Hopefully I'll find someone who give them some Portraits, unfortunately I'm not the one who can do that.

Also there is a lack of unit descriptions by now, it still will take a bit of time, but at least they are in process. (:
I can help with the descriptions.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Regards, I'm posting at here some balance feedback in the Vilkai faction, there are some few irregularities, but actually they're alright except in few exceptions, let's talk about them:

Vilkai
Hart Seeker: On this line I would add some few more damage considering it has no lv3 yet. 7-4 sword and 14-2 charge even with the buff it's actually weaker offensively than the more ostentatious loyalist knights.
Eagle: Eagle advances to Older falcon, mmm... looks like to be a race issue. Apart of this I would sugest to leave 1 trait for eagle/falcons and probably 3-3 claws mele.
Animist: I see no problem at Animist dealing 7-3 ranged damage, which is lv1 damage.
Druid: Same than Animist, I see no problem at this dealing 8-4 damage which is lv2 damage. Also on this one I would sugest 50 hp.
Hunter: they're actually more cost eficent than intended, would sugest a price of 16g for them; better ranged damage than elvish archers only because of lv1 marskman.
Deerstalker: Actually it's fine at stats, but I see too much xp required to lv3; requires same than Elvish marskman to lv3 for lower lv3 damage (80 xp in 100% modifier); would sugest to change xp to 63 (44 xp at 70% modifier).
Ghost Warrior: actually considerably underpowered. Can say that even my sugestion for 8-3 cold magical (mele) is still weak compared to most mages, I would see no problem at adding him 4-2 arcane magical curse for ranged (you deside if drains or not); mostly for retaliation.
Guardian of the Nature: underpowered as well. You can try 9-4 cold magical mele and 6-2 arcane ranged magical.
Brave Lynx: Underpowered as well, try 13-4 mele cold magical and 9-2 arcane ranged magical.
Blood Shaman path looks alright, drains is powerful special that if well used, is worth it., also would add them a weaker extra cold ranged weapon (maybe with drains or not) just to make this unit to be harder to counter or maybe a weaker version of mele cold magical from the other line.
War Hero: He is actually much better than swordsman option, much better resistances overall, ranged and leadership. A way to balance him would be taking away a part of his health (44 hp) and lowering his bow damage to 4-3.
Cheftain: Same case, would lower his health to 55 hp and bow damage to 6-3.
Brave Wolf: try 65 hp at him.
Swordsman looks alright, 9-4 mele, no bonus resistances, 6 Movement, very fair. Maybe should remove blade weakness (for lv2) on this line and adding only 10% blade resistance for lv3.

Anything else looks fair or in the balanced range.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
Bitron
Developer

Post by Bitron »

Hart Seeker: On this line I would add some few more damage considering it has no lv3 yet. 7-4 sword and 14-2 charge even with the buff it's actually weaker offensively than the more ostentatious loyalist knights.
The loyalists knight is a beast of a unit. ^^ Well, I'll change it and look how it works.
Eagle: Eagle advances to Older falcon, mmm... looks like to be a race issue. Apart of this I would sugest to leave 1 trait for eagle/falcons and probably 3-3 claws mele.
Both are supposed to be an eagle.. It is a rename issue 'cause I used the falcon.cfg from the khalifate. I will fix that.
Animist: I see no problem at Animist dealing 7-3 ranged damage, which is lv1 damage.
Druid: Same than Animist, I see no problem at this dealing 8-4 damage which is lv2 damage. Also on this one I would sugest 50 hp.
I'll change that.
Hunter: they're actually more cost eficent than intended, would sugest a price of 16g for them; better ranged damage than elvish archers only because of lv1 marskman.
Deerstalker: Actually it's fine at stats, but I see too much xp required to lv3; requires same than Elvish marskman to lv3 for lower lv3 damage (80 xp in 100% modifier); would sugest to change xp to 63 (44 xp at 70% modifier).
Well, the hunter is supposed to be the most cost efficient unit within this faction, since they are people who mostly survive by hunting. But I somehow get, that they should not be better than the elfish bowman.
what about stay with 14 G but remove the marksman, and/or change the forest defense from 70% to 60% ?

about the deerstalker: I think i will try it with 65 XP for now.
Ghost Warrior: actually considerably underpowered. Can say that even my sugestion for 8-3 cold magical (mele) is still weak compared to most mages, I would see no problem at adding him 4-2 arcane magical curse for ranged (you deside if drains or not); mostly for retaliation.
Guardian of the Nature: underpowered as well. You can try 9-4 cold magical mele and 6-2 arcane ranged magical.
ahh. they were once seperatet from the shaman as additional unit. with 9-2 arcane and (at lvl 1) only 4-3 cold, it was hell for drakens against the vilkai. this is why i stayed low with the icy ghostclaw. I will try 8-3 and 9-4 with them. About the ranged attack... im not sure how to explain the ranged attack in Lore, but i was thinking about changing them anyway, so probably i could do that somehow. (thought about making him a ranged unit.. somehow.. ill see..)
Blood Shaman path looks alright, drains is powerful special that if well used, is worth it., also would add them a weaker extra cold ranged weapon (maybe with drains or not) just to make this unit to be harder to counter or maybe a weaker version of mele cold magical from the other line.
guess, i will have to rethink how magic works with the vilkai. I'll look what i can do, ^^
War Hero: He is actually much better than swordsman option, much better resistances overall, ranged and leadership. A way to balance him would be taking away a part of his health (44 hp) and lowering his bow damage to 4-3.
Cheftain: Same case, would lower his health to 55 hp and bow damage to 6-3.
Brave Wolf: try 65 hp at him.
Swordsman looks alright, 9-4 mele, no bonus resistances, 6 Movement, very fair. Maybe should remove blade weakness (for lv2) on this line and adding only 10% blade resistance for lv3.
the war hero was not supposed to be more resistant, not that much at least. Also, the Swordsman is quite nimble which is why he has 50% defense in flat terrain. (or at least he should have them, if he has not). guess i'll go down to 5-3 ranged and 10% resistances instead of 20%.

chietain changes like you said, as wall as brave wolf changes and swordsmans resistance.

very well, thanks a lot for having a look at my faction! If you're interested in all changes i will do, they will be listed in the next update changelog.
I will have some days of, italy is calling, but i will be back in about two weeks, than there will be an update as well as new art.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

hi, i found a small issue, in the files, in the 'images/attacks' i found every single mainline attack image, you don't need to copy paste all the mainline images to use them, only the ones that DON'T exist in mainline (same as units, for example)
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic
Bitron
Developer

Post by Bitron »

oh, nice. good to know, thank you!
Bitron
Developer

Post by Bitron »

v0.8.9 is uploaded on Wesnoth 1.12 now with several balancing tweaks.
For more details watch out the changelog in the original post or the addons folder.
Bitron
Developer

Post by Bitron »

Hey folks.

The Default + Vilkai Era is updated to v0.8.10 now.
Just a small patch with 2 new Sprites and few minor balancing changes for the shaman line.

Oh, and something I noticed:
In the Wesnoth Units Database, this Faction is not listed. I'm wondering why...
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

Bitron wrote:In the Wesnoth Units Database, this Faction is not listed. I'm wondering why...
Your faction is listed here and it seems there is a parse error.
Bitron
Developer

Post by Bitron »

There is a very old version in the 1.13 list, but none in the 1.12
Vyncyn wrote:Your faction is listed here and it seems there is a parse error.
What can I do about it?
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Check the error message, go to referenced file, and try fix the problem.
Bitron
Developer

Post by Bitron »

What error message? There is no error message. I can upload the addon without any issues, but it doesn't show up in the "units.wesnoth.org/12" Database. I know that it doesnt update the databases immediately, but the faction is now online vor several month.
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

Ups, forgot to send the link in my previous message http://units.wesnoth.org/1.12/overview.html
Bitron
Developer

Post by Bitron »

Ahh, thank you!
Problem should be solved now. (: