Strange Legacy - 1.16 RPG World (Markets Upgrade)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ForestDragon

Re: Strange Legacy - 1.12 RPG World - finished

Post by ForestDragon »

hi, so, another bugreport, while claiming the 'Castle' building on the mainland for 5 million gold, it didn't actually take this sum from me

EDIT: also, 1:the option to ask support from drakes is now missing 2: options requiring high faction reputation disappear when the said requirement is met, i am talking about drake/saurian cities to be precise

EDIT2: also, when i try to sneak into an orcish town, i always get the 'curse it, there's something in the way!' (or something else) message, and then an encounter. this basically stops me from being able to complete the part of the story where you have to get the attention of an orcish spy by attacking a town
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Will check all these points.

For sneaking into a town you will need dexterity. Support of the drakes is granted by the council inside the city. I already know the 5 million bug, but haven't changed it so far, as I believe it is hard enough to get the gold and there are several Upgrades which are expensive enough.
The future belongs to those, who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Developer of: Trapped, Five Fates, Strange Legacy, Epical, UR Epic Era
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Heindal wrote:Will check all these points.

For sneaking into a town you will need dexterity. Support of the drakes is granted by the council inside the city. I already know the 5 million bug, but haven't changed it so far, as I believe it is hard enough to get the gold and there are several Upgrades which are expensive enough.
well, thanks for making some points clear, btw, when failing to sneak in, you should also put a message saying 'you aren't dexterous enough! (<number> needed!)' or something
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
Wussel

Post by Wussel »

I was looking into the walls again, which I made last year. I tried a new palisade looking more wesnothian.

When I replaced the 4-end connector with an open structure, I got something which might be nice for RPG-maps as buildings. Check if you might want to use it.
test.jpg
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

I personally like your style Wussel and your old palisades look great! I will test the new one and try using the new walls for the city buildings.

Sorry so far I didn't much on Strange Legacy, except for changing the resistance of heroes, adding the skills reading, set traps, scavenging and looting.

While looting works like the bounty hunter licence (works even in addition with bounty hunter) and adds gold for each kill, scavenging will allow to get furs and leather, set traps will allow to use traps and reading to read the ancient texts of spell books. This concept was used in five fates. 'Five Fates'.
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
Wussel

Post by Wussel »

I came up with a new citywall. I am not satisfied with the pillow shading of the stones. The shadow on the not sun facing side is almost not visible. I do like the general size. See if that would be to your liking.
newcitywall.jpg
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

If you look at the picture, I personally think that these walls are ok for the interior of a city.
I will go with this one. Especially as I can place units as guards on these spots.
desertcapital.png
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

A strange present - it seems to open on the 25th of December.
Attachments
A strange present - it seems to open on the 25th of December
A strange present - it seems to open on the 25th of December
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Uploaded Version 1.15.4 of Strange Legacy for Version 12. of Wesnoth

- added some wording corrections by Warrax
- made some own wording changes on my own
- added Snakecultist as class (suprise for Sfault)
- added nagahunter and snakecultist portraits (ageless era)
- made some terrain changes to the camps in darkwood
- renamed Dark Wood to Forest to avoid complications with the infinite dungeon Darkwood
- new loot dragonteeth, wolfteeth
- you can now craft attackamulets and tigeramulets which can be equipped by npcs
- furs, dragonteeth and wolfteeth can be sold in capital city
- Random monsternests within infinite dungeons will now be random, increasing the chances for unique encounters
- Enemy leaders within infinite dungeons will now be part of a random group, which will affect their type and their behaviour, as well as the recruitlist. Darkwood will now feature two unique groups such as deathelves.

Meet mysterious guardians, mad steam guard scientist, wicked necromancers, orcish warlords and many more.

- added death elves faction and dwarven steam faction
- New skills reading, scavenging, trapssetting, trapsense, looting. While reading (reading spellbooks), trapssetting (setting traps), trapsense - discovering traps in infinite dungeons simply activate the skill, scavenging and looting will have 3 levels, which can be learned by unique trainers. While the first level unlocks the ability, the levels above will increase the number of loot or scavenged material. Trainers for the third levels are well hidden.
- You will now get a fair ammount for defeating the crabs. The mission reward is increased to 20.000 gold and gives a nice fame and kingdom reputation bonus. Crabs can drop pincers, which can be sold at several places.
- Wolfmission a new additional mission to hunt wolves.
- Ratmission is now flexible and allows to attend several missions, with increased numbers and rewards.
- The spider mission reward is increased to 8.000 gold, killing the source will be rewarded by 30.000. Elves now offer two additional missions which require to go to the 'Darkwood Dungeon' and kill a specific ammount of enemies.
- increased overall mission rewards
- overworked banditcampmission
- You can now use pickpocket npcs that are allied with you, if you fail the entire side turns hostile, so beware!
- repaired outlaw class picture, Skill picture
- you will no longer see a message for bounty reward and looting (because this tended to overwrite other messages, which are more important, but don't worry you will get your Loot and Bounty)
- Most faction raids will now allow several options to prevent them, not every option is allowed in every situation and factions will react differently according to their nature. However you can now directly influence the reputation by your behaviour.
- added attack-animations to randomattackers (mercs)
- Castles now have the Explore Castle Dungeon Option, which allows to enter a random dungeon.
- repaired the payment for the castle
- embassies now have labels to find them
- embassadors and other npcs will refuse to trade with you based on your factionreputation
- new random dungeon randomloot - gold coins
- added orcish trainer
- Nobles start with the Castle
- Vampire can now choose class "Noble" too
- did some race and class rebalancing
- corrected wording class and race description
- Infinite and Randomdungeons will now feature traps (again). The concept is a little bit different than before, as traps appear to be 'loot'. Dwarves however have a sixth sense for traps and will reveal them, characters with floating boots will not trigger them.
- the blood altar (available on less than -50.000 fame) will allow darksiders to shift and exchange their stats. This will increase their fame and will force the player to do more evil deeds to be able to use the altar again.
- added temple options to temple district
- repaired purse random event in capital city
- added dilemma random event to capital city
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

The upload is currently blocked, I will give you a message when I've uploaded the upgrade.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Sorry I can't upload the game from here. The connection is too bad and I'm getting server timeouts.
Will upload the new addon next year.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Heindal wrote:Sorry I can't upload the game from here. The connection is too bad and I'm getting server timeouts.
Will upload the new addon next year.
are you kidding, or this is honest?
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

I'm honest. Of course I'm trying to upload it when I have time, but it doesn't work. Our provider cuts the upload capacity.
I made a test and it took around 1 min to upload 23 kb test package (it showed 0,0 Kbit on the testpage I've used).
With 20 MB you can calculate the estimated time. It will run in a server timeout *gnarf*.

When I return home in the new year, I will have a better connection.
I will now try to upload it again, maybe I'm lucky.

Edit: Nope doesn't work, I have to check for the reason.
screen.png
screen.png (108.26 KiB) Viewed 4209 times
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Heindal wrote:I'm honest. Of course I'm trying to upload it when I have time, but it doesn't work. Our provider cuts the upload capacity.
I made a test and it took around 1 min to upload 23 kb test package (it showed 0,0 Kbit on the testpage I've used).
With 20 MB you can calculate the estimated time. It will run in a server timeout *gnarf*.

When I return home in the new year, I will have a better connection.
I will now try to upload it again, maybe I'm lucky.

Edit: Nope doesn't work, I have to check for the reason.
screen.png
i understand now.
Delicius169

Post by Delicius169 »

I started playing this on the easiest difficulty, and lost twice after a while. Both times because of 1000gold theft (It s not really nice in the beginning of the game), also when I was in Capital city, there was encounter with rats coming from sewers, and they killed a few of citiziens. And now, I am wanted in town as a murder, and got -8000 fame. I dont think its ok, if it counts me as a murderer...
Gonna try again, seems interesting...