Enemy Spotted stops Move Command

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

arakish

Enemy Spotted stops Move Command

Post by arakish »

If this is the wrong place, sorry. I spent about an hour trying to find most appropriate board.

When playing in campaigns where the scenario has "fog", friendly units stop moving when they spot an enemy unit and you either have to click again on the desired hex or hit "t" to continue moving.

Is there a way to turn this off? I have searched the preferences but cannot find a way to turn this feature off.

If there is no way to turn this off, can it be added?

I understand why it is implemented. However, I find it annoying when I want my units to move regardless. In all other TBS games I play, there is a way to turn this off.

Thanks for creating a wonderful game.

rmfr (first time poster)
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Re: Enemy Spotted stops Move Command

Post by zookeeper »

No, there's no way to turn it off. You can only turn off the interrupts when an ally unit is sighted (in Preferences->General), but not for enemies.

You might want to assign the Preferences->General->Hotkeys->Game->Continue Move action to an extra mouse button or something, though, since that might make it more convenient to use.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

You can also disable shroud updates.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Tad_Carlucci
Inactive Developer

Post by Tad_Carlucci »

All that said, I'm adding the feature request to my personal Issues as a "maybe, someday" idea. Frankly, I agree with the OP. I've already considered possible enemy dispositions and pressing "t" is so automatic that the few times I should have not it was too late to stop the muscle flexing.
I forked real life and now I'm getting merge conflicts.
arakish

Post by arakish »

Thanks for the replies.

I tend to play TBS games without the interrupts because I feel if my move command is a mistake, then I deserve to have my butt kicked.

Thanks Ted for putting it on the "maybe, someday" idea list. I can live with the interrupt, but do find it annoying.

BTW: Where is the disable shroud updates? I may find it before checking back.

rmfr
UK1

Post by UK1 »

arakish wrote:Thanks for the replies.

I tend to play TBS games without the interrupts because I feel if my move command is a mistake, then I deserve to have my butt kicked.

Thanks Ted for putting it on the "maybe, someday" idea list. I can live with the interrupt, but do find it annoying.

BTW: Where is the disable shroud updates? I may find it before checking back.

rmfr
Right click anywhere, Disable Shroud Update. I still use it from back in the day when "Disable Shroud Update" was your planning mode. I still use it because planning mode is basically cancer to me. Fortunately it seems that players who joined AFTER planning mode was a thing have had no trouble adapting to it and appreciate its features. I'm glad for that. It's not for me, though.
"Hey you, bats should be nerfed."
"Why?"
"Because I lost a game to bat swarm and I'm bitterUhm... clarity... and... consistency? Yeah yeah that sounds good. Clarity and consistency."
Do not. Nerf. The bat.