Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

Dugi

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Dugi »

nuorc wrote:Uh oh, when I used debug mode I had some crazy glitches throughout the rest of the campaign...
This particular case should not break anything. That scenario contains no code that could badly interact with disabling fog.

Trust me, I do use debug mode in LotI, I know what breaks stuff and what doesn't.
nuorc wrote:I learned the hard way to keep my recall list neat and tidy...
Actually, too many units on the recall list causes slowdowns that are annoying, so tidying up the recall list is always a good idea.
Zarkussell

Post by Zarkussell »

I am going to try to download BFW and LOTI on my computer (to get around the display bug), but I literally know nothing about any of this stuff. Which BFW should I download? It looks like there are a ton of options.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Zarkussell wrote:I am going to try to download BFW and LOTI on my computer (to get around the display bug), but I literally know nothing about any of this stuff. Which BFW should I download? It looks like there are a ton of options.
so far LotI is on 1.12 (currently stable version)
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic
Whiskeyjack

Post by Whiskeyjack »

Dugi wrote:#Beelzebub
Yeah, it's a good idea to make him get bored after 10 turns or get stronger every turn. I thought that his experience gain and advancements make it hard to hold him for too long.

It is weird that he doesn't attack, he's supposed to be as aggressive as possible, aiming to deal maximum damage regardless of his own safety.
Both don´t work, actually. In addition to being cathatonic, his levelup ingame doesn´t even heal him fully and changes nothing in his damage (only between spawns does he get stronger (or weaker, once the cycle is done)).
Under blood-red skies, an old man sits
In the ruins of Carthage - contemplating prophecy.
Zarkussell

Post by Zarkussell »

Now I've downloaded BFW and LOTI on my computer and have it running, but I cant figure out how to get the debug stuff to work. Can someone give me an example of what to type in to remove the fog?
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

Press Shift ; to get :, then type debug. Press return / enter. Shift ; again, followed by fog.Press return / enter.
Battlecruiser_Venca

Post by Battlecruiser_Venca »

@Dugi: The AI is still bugged on 1.13.x due to lua API changes using the latest github version
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Whiskeyjack wrote:Both don´t work, actually. In addition to being cathatonic, his levelup ingame doesn´t even heal him fully and changes nothing in his damage (only between spawns does he get stronger (or weaker, once the cycle is done)).
There's no cycle that makes him stronger or weaker between spawns, his strength was manually set for each scenario where he possibly might appear.

He is not supposed to heal much on levelup (not at all on easy), but his damage was supposed to go up by 3 on easy, 4 on normal and 5 on hard.

I don't have a proper save file of his appearance, I had always used some trick to get him there, so can you please upload a save file where he can be summoned?
Battlecruiser_Venca wrote:@Dugi: The AI is still bugged on 1.13.x due to lua API changes using the latest github version
Are they AI related?
Elder2

Post by Elder2 »

Dugi wrote:#Beelzebub
Yeah, it's a good idea to make him get bored after 10 turns or get stronger every turn. I thought that his experience gain and advancements make it hard to hold him for too long.

It is weird that he doesn't attack, he's supposed to be as aggressive as possible, aiming to deal maximum damage regardless of his own safety.

@Zarkusell
Not that I know of. The impossibility to use debug in combination with the impossibility to access save files makes anything on iPhone troublesome. If you have jailbroken your iPhone, save files may be accessible and possible to transfer to a PC.

Also, the github version of LotI should now work far better on 1.13 than before (before, the advancements were bugged), can somebody please try to play it and see if it's really as good as I think it is?
I remember Iput half hp elvish assasin next to him who was 2 hit kill for his sword and he did not attack. I don't remember him ever attacking.

I don't have 1.13 wesnoth, but I may consider replaying lotlII on it when I finish the first part, it seems that apart from a few added items the story also changed slightly. I don't remember Lethalia claiming that Delly may be her lost child.
Pags

Post by Pags »

#Beelzebub
I noticed that you can get a second Beelz to spawn while you are still facing the first, as the dialogue is triggered of "should I activate?" every time a character moves onto the obelisk. However, saving the game with two Beelz on-map results in only one Beelz being present if re-loaded. I believe the one present is the most recently created. The second defeat of Beelz in a single scenario (at least without re-loading between kills of Beelz) does not result in a fresh set of item drops, but does give exp gain in battles.
Elder2

Post by Elder2 »

Besides Beelzebub not attacking I have spotted another bug, I don't think these 2 grand marshals were supposed to walk into water and never be able to get out of it, they have been like that for a few turns, purple has 2400 g and green 1200, they can't get back to the keeps because they don't seem to be able to move anywhere except shallow water, where they have standard 3 mp, I think you forgot to set their shallow water movement to impassable or something.

http://imgur.com/a/hvprB
Zarkussell

Post by Zarkussell »

Do y'all think it is better to play chapter 6 as effaim or lethalia? I've always played it as lethalia (and Philip) is an awesome benefit for choosing her. But, it made my recall list heavily undead, so in chapter 7 I only had a handful of geared/well leveled units to recall. Which has made chapter 7 more of a grind. On my next run through, should I play it as efraim?
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

#AI problems
I have asked mattsc, the wesnoth AI expert, for advice about it. I am not very familiar with the AI.

#Beelzebub
The multiple Beelzebub spawn problem was fixed in the github version.
ElderofZion wrote:I don't remember Lethalia claiming that Delly may be her lost child.
The history of this change is quite unusual. The events happening in chapter 1 were quite wacky, Chewan pointed me to a lot of inconsistencies. There was no way to talk it around, so I made up a prequel that explained them all, without having to change the slightest thing in LotI to reflect it. The campaign's name is Affably Evil. It had a little fault, though. It had some pretty grim implications about the background of some characters in LotI. It was seen quite negatively, so I did what I am used to do when too many people disagree with my opinions. I have made a few little changes to the story. The story still makes sense, but it means that Delly is Lethalia's snatched child. This meant that Delly would not be as aged as she was supposed to be in chapter 2, so I have made a little retcon, making her younger, which leads Lethalia to suspicions.
Battlecruiser_Venca

Post by Battlecruiser_Venca »

@Dugi: it is due to lua API change which happened somewhere in 1.13.x series, see this screenshot:

The AI just recruits but never moves
Karmic

Post by Karmic »

Dugi wrote: #Kill Statistics
It would certainly be possible. But it would need to save an extra piece of information to every unit in game. I would do this only if more people are interested in such a feature.
I was hoping it wouldn't be a big change since the game already records it for the side. Hope some other people like it I'm a little crazy about statistics and did it a little in a spreadsheet for the beginning but it quickly gets out of hand especially in 100 turn scenarios ;)

Side note, From the Ashes doesn't seem to work for me.