Avian Faction portraits and sprites

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
RSF7

Re: Avian Faction portraits and sprites

Post by RSF7 »

Glad you came back to this, the portraits and animations look really good. I wish I could draw sprites like that, but unfortunately I have absolutely no talent for it.

Isn't the heavy armor restriction because of flight? The Rhea, being unable to fly anymore, wouldn't be the exception to this?

Some other things for advancement maybe is better agility(defense) on the ground from becoming accustomed to having to walk/run instead of fly, maybe becoming stronger or tougher than normal from all the unusual (for an avian) exercise its having to get, I would imagine avian communities wouldn't be built entirely with non-flying things in mind. Also, some mainline units advance to a sort of weapons expert unit with two or even all three of blade, pierce and impact attacks (drake thrasher, human halberder, knights), not having the ability to fly might free it up to carry additional or heavier weapons, or just learn to inflict different types of damage with its primary weapon.

The potion bomber idea is cool, seems like it would be a challenge to animate.
orangebox

Post by orangebox »

Heya thanks for showing support!

Yes, the original idea for the Rhea line is to be a ground tank with armor, but because there wasn't a skirmisher unit, I made the Rhea one. However, further discussions revealed that perhaps a ZoC unit isn't necessary because most avian units are pretty mobile. As such, they may be designed as per the original intended idea.

Feel free to discuss unit roles in the faction thread!

http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... 48#p527697
Kenpachi

Post by Kenpachi »

welcome back from the <Null> 8)
orangebox

Post by orangebox »

Hey Kenpachi! It's been a while ;D Thanks for the warm welcomes :)
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

I made a sprite for the advancement of the hummingbird. The pose should be similar to the hummingbird, but a bit more upright. Didn´t worked as well as expected so i will try to fix that. It will also get a bigger bow.
Attachments
Thorntail.png
Thorntail.png (1.52 KiB) Viewed 6757 times
Wender_BR

Post by Wender_BR »

great art!
how its going on your project? i would like to listen your words about the developement of this faction xD
Vanagandr

Post by Vanagandr »

There are still some ideas needed for new units. If you have some suggestions feel free to post in the faction thread in Faction & Era Development :)
orangebox

Post by orangebox »

Ahh I apologize to everyone for my uninformed absence. University started and I got too busy with moving into a new place. Everything's in place now, I should be able to make some time for this little pet project.
orangebox

Post by orangebox »

Vyncyn wrote:I made a sprite for the advancement of the hummingbird. The pose should be similar to the hummingbird, but a bit more upright. Didn´t worked as well as expected so i will try to fix that. It will also get a bigger bow.
Hey, it looks great! But the sprite might be a little too tall maybe? They are pretty short and petite, quite similar to a dwarf's height actually.
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

Reworked the Thorntail. The unit is now smaller than before and has a new bow and some other minor changes.
Thorntail.png
Thorntail.png (1.6 KiB) Viewed 6317 times
Wender_BR

Post by Wender_BR »

*waiting vigorously to play this faction*

up up

how is going now after 2 years? I am willing to contribute to it somehow
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Wender_BR wrote:*waiting vigorously to play this faction*

up up

how is going now after 2 years? I am willing to contribute to it somehow
i think this has been sadly abandoned by it's creator :( at least i have the images/unit_files for the existing units in my era called 'The Golden Age' if you want to maintain them, it would be good for you to start from an existing base
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic