Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
GunChleoc
Translator

Re: TAS2: The World Seed - Art Dev

Post by GunChleoc »

No need to be sad - they are good, the suggestions are only there to help make them even better :)
FaeLord

Post by FaeLord »

They looks good. I request that you give the ogres shoes and boots. The Rockland ogres aren't nearly as primitive as their idiot kindred. They have the means to make weapons, armor, and clothing and this sets them apart from regular ogres.
Wesnoth stole my summer . . . again.
Mechanical

Post by Mechanical »

Good boots are, but what about smasher? In addition to boots, need to do something else with it?
My art thread
If you like my art, try The Great Steppe Era!
Also try my Rage (16+) drakes slasher campaign!
Join the Wesnoth Modders Guild community!
FaeLord

Post by FaeLord »

I leave that to your discretion. I'm pretty happy with the way things are developing. Bear in mind however, that we will need to see how they look on the map before we can declare anything completely finished.
Mechanical

Post by Mechanical »

I corrected sprite smasher. How do you?
Attachments
oooogre!.png
oooogre!.png (13.23 KiB) Viewed 4323 times
My art thread
FaeLord

Post by FaeLord »

It's fantastic. That is one bad-ass looking ogre.
Mechanical

Post by Mechanical »

New bonus units for Ogre: Ogre Thrower iron, and ... I do not know what to call it. How do you?
Attachments
oooogre_33.png
oooogre_33.png (33.05 KiB) Viewed 4231 times
My art thread
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

:shock: Oh... My... Goodness! that's amazing!

about the name, you could call it Boar Cannon, by the way, i think the sprite would need a shrunken version to look ok in the game, you'll need to make some corrections after shrinking, like repairing TC, but it should look ok

EDIT: btw, your units are too big compared to mainline ones, not sure if that kind of thing is intended, on the other hand, if these guys were intended to be this huge, then fine, but the main issue with the size is the fact that the sprites will constantly overlap, and conceal small units
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic
Mechanical

Post by Mechanical »

Forestdragon, thank you. I know that the sprite will hardly be able to use in the game, but I'm not going to change its size. This wagon was painted for fun (I had the idea, and I can not stop). Let's see what will Faelord.
My art thread
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Mechanical wrote:Forestdragon, thank you. I know that the sprite will hardly be able to use in the game, but I'm not going to change its size. This wagon was painted for fun (I had the idea, and I can not stop). Let's see what will Faelord.
well, i didn't necessarily mean shrinking the original, but making a shrunk copy, so it can be used in-game, anyways, i think i could maybe use your ogres in my era, and maybe give this guy a multi-hex attack :)

EDIT: btw, i think your quality of 'for fun' art is incredibly high compared to that of other people :)
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

Yup, the boar-cannon-flame-king-cart is slightly bigger than a fire dragon (1.2 times or so?), so using it as a normal unit may be tricky. However, you could use it more like a static objective that you have to destroy, like a break-the-siege-type-scenario. :hmm:
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

matsjoyce wrote:Yup, the boar-cannon-flame-king-cart is slightly bigger than a fire dragon (1.2 times or so?), so using it as a normal unit may be tricky. However, you could use it more like a static objective that you have to destroy, like a break-the-siege-type-scenario. :hmm:
nice idea :D
FaeLord

Post by FaeLord »

Yes, it's likely that the final versions of the units will have to be attenuated to be usable on the map, but we're still in development phase at the moment. I'm not going to be ready to start using the Rockland Ogres in the project for at least another 30 - 60 days.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

FaeLord wrote:If anyone else is interested in helping out, we still need team members who can design attack icons and someone who can do halo / projectile art.
well, i think i could maybe help with frankensteined attack icons, if you want, here is what could work as an attack icon for the ogre gunner (or whaterver you call it) unit and maybe the boar cannon:
thunderstick-big.png
thunderstick-big.png (5.86 KiB) Viewed 4125 times
FaeLord

Post by FaeLord »

Thanks for the offer, ForestDragon, but someone has already agreed to handle the attack icons for The World Seed. Also, the gun toting ogres aren't a part of the faction as it will appear in the campaign. Mechanical was just having some fun with it. I suggested that he post them here because there would likely be others out there who would have a use for them. Although, I do like that giant boar. The Rockland Ogres are supposed to be mastodon herders, but maybe giant boars would be more interesting and appropriate.