The Legend Begins [SP Campaign for Wesnoth 1.10 and later]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

toronvolo

Re: The Legend Begins [SP Campaign for Wesnoth 1.10 and late

Post by toronvolo »

thanks for the reply
King10

Post by King10 »

I hate to be that guy, but on the scenario where you have to defend Garthok, its really easy because in the bottom right, there is one of the best chokepoints ever, all you'll need is the starting characters, a second healer would be recommended (Ethreal orb), not a lot of space, but if you want to seal yourself in, 2 stone titans will do the trick just as well, just not a lot of room.
Daniel17022002

Post by Daniel17022002 »

I have a big problem,I can't play the scenario "The Last Forest" in the first Episode, it is an error saying something like "couldn't find the unit Demilich " .Please help me !!! I liked till now the campaign very much and I would like to continue it!
Daniel17022002

Post by Daniel17022002 »

Also I remember that it said in the level with the naga something like "unknown unit: Naigini mage " so I had to fight no mages there. I said that just in case. Maybe it helps you repair the bug...
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

I'm sorry, guys. This campaign has been under revision for quite sometime and you guys should switch to the remake (the link's in my signature ( Hero of Irdya I) ).
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Daniel17022002

Post by Daniel17022002 »

okey,thx for the tip :D
oror

Post by oror »

Hi,
I think the Campaign should be currently marked somehow as not working, at least because too many creatures are not available anymore, and it's quite sad to reach the fifteenth scenario or so, and discover that you cannot end it (and, as the author says, the campaign is not currently maintained). Most scenrarios work somehow anyway, but the ones with the Demi Lich won't end because the boss is missing. I managed to reach scenario 20, "winter Skirmish" by replacing some creatures with others (Demi Lich and Dread Lich with Ancient Lich etc.), but now I'm at 21_Gartok_The_Orcish_Capital and the whole Dark Legion is unavailable (after 1.10, I think). I could also replace these with usual orcs, but I think this random replacement would be probably unbalanced. BTW, in "Winter Skirmish" you cannot recruit trolls...
Besides this, I think that the campaign is quite difficult, I think that it must have somehow become unbalanced, some scenarios seem to be almost impossible to overcome without cheating... it should be at least marked as Expert, as already suggested by someone.
Sad, because it's a quite enjoyable campaign, and the new creatures that are still available are nice.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

So, basically you want it to be taken down from the server?
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Yeah, I can do that. This campaign is broken AF.
MobRules

Post by MobRules »

FYI, This is still up by the way. (Spent quite a while trying to play it before I found this thread pointing me at the new version!).
astthar

Post by astthar »

hi i was about to start tlb-1-The last Forest.gz and i have this error

Error while playing the game: game_error:unknown unit tupe: Demilich
same error when i start second and 3rd campaign, buth the unit is capitain
and the chapter about killing nagas has another bug too, about a unit nagini mage, and the naga leader just summon a little number of nagas, and if you kill the leader the game loops into the previous scenario, you need to wait all turns to end, and you cant kill more than 30 nagas because ther is no summoning

playing 1.12
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

I removed the campaign from the server a few weeks ago.
the chapter about killing nagas has another bug too, about a unit nagini mage, and the naga leader just summon a little number of nagas, and if you kill the leader the game loops into the previous scenario, you need to wait all turns to end, and you cant kill more than 30 nagas because ther is no summoning
You killed the Naga? Oh, that's a scripted error then. You get a variable point for the "end of turns"/time-over event. So, if you kill the Naga Leader, you get no variable point, so there is a loop.
Error while playing the game: game_error:unknown unit tupe: Demilich
same error when i start second and 3rd campaign, buth the unit is capitain
The campaign depends on WoL, which has had a lot of updates and the ID's were not fixed in TLB.
astthar

Post by astthar »

are you going to upload again? or its over? i hope you upload again its a very nice campaign, and i hope the DEMILICH issue is fixed too
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

are you going to upload again? or its over?
I am remaking it. I will upload it on the 1.13 server once I have given it a trial run to fix some porting bugs. The name is different though. Hero of Irdya: Book I