[Promo] Expect the Unexpect - based on Wesnoth

Discuss the development of other free/open-source games, as well as other games in general.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Cruz182

[Promo] Expect the Unexpect - based on Wesnoth

Post by Cruz182 »

Greetings everyone, as a fan of Battle for Wesnoth and inspiration for my first steam game , a year ago I decide to start working on Expect the Unexpected

I recently like Wesnoth put the game on Steam Greenlight, I really appreciate feedback.

Expect the Unexpected is a hex style turn based game with RPG and roguelike elements. The player interacts with generated maps(random) in which have to deal with hundreds of different events and situations, some may have impact on the reputation of a certain faction. The Player is free to choose many possible outcomes that can happen.

Main Features

More than 100 unique events full of action, comedy and suspense

* Reputation system based on your actions and choices

*Every time you begin a new game, the world will be different

*Freedom of choice, you can be either the "good guy" or "the bad guy"

* Travel from city to city through many pathways fill with life, different random events, from pirates, raiders, assassins, animals, traders asking for help, beggars, traps, ambushes, different battles where you can choose a faction to represent

* Enhance your normal attacks by improving your skills

* After you die, you are sent to afterlife (playable). Game overs are a thing of the past, don't you agree?

Thank you for your time and please go check it out ! ---> Expect the Unexpected Link
Cruz182

Re: [Promo] Expect the Unexpect - based on Wesnoth

Post by Cruz182 »

Just an update with some screenshots

pauxlo

Post by pauxlo »

In which way is this game "based on Wesnoth"? It doesn't look like it at all, apart from using hexagons.
Midnight_Carnival

Post by Midnight_Carnival »

It looks great, I'll check it out some time.

I will always give my support to open source and free game projects but even those which are made to make money get support from me if I think that they might be good or if I think that by supporting them I may be encouraging a talented game developer.

I have not seen anything of you game other than what you have shown us, but from what I can see it seems to be focused on the system hence on gameplay and on the storyline, not on pretty graphics and something you can claim as "unique"* so I am intrested.

Spoiler:
...apparenly we can't go with it or something.