Scenario Review - EI 11 - Lake Vrug

Feedback for the mainline campaign Eastern Invasion.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

zookeeper
WML Wizard

Re: Scenario Review - EI: Lake Vrug

Post by zookeeper » September 3rd, 2016, 10:12 pm

brabar wrote:I came back to the game after a long quit, and I find myself stuck in lake Vrug ... As I bring Gweddry into the fortress, nothing happens, though I've got rid of the Troll and Gryphon leaders ...

What do I miss ? O_o
Gweddry? It's Dacyn you need to bring there, is it not?

Inky

Post by Inky » September 4th, 2016, 3:57 am

I think you missed brabar's previous post - in the French translation the objectives incorrectly say Gweddry instead of Dacyn.

(Currently there doesn't seem to be a good place to report translation issues/typos? Maybe each language should get a sticky thread in the Translations forum?)

zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper » September 4th, 2016, 8:35 am

Inky wrote:I think you missed brabar's previous post - in the French translation the objectives incorrectly say Gweddry instead of Dacyn.
Ah, yes, I did.
Inky wrote:(Currently there doesn't seem to be a good place to report translation issues/typos? Maybe each language should get a sticky thread in the Translations forum?)
Since it'd only be for typos and other outright mistakes, I'd think one thread for all would be enough. But yes, something like that might work.

krekling

Post by krekling » February 25th, 2018, 10:38 am

(1) What difficulty levels and game versions have you played the scenario on?
Normal, 1.13.8.

(2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10)

(3) How clear did you find the scenario objectives?
Not too clear. On my first run, I thought the gryphon keep was the "stronghold". On my second run, I found the stronghold to the north of the gryphon keep, but I didn't realize there was a second enemy leader.

(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?
Interesting enough, though I didn't grab where the drakes fit in (after the dialogue I was expecting only trolls and gryphons).

(5) What were your major challenges in meeting the objectives of the scenario?
Understanding what the stronghold was, finding the stronghold, then finally finding the troll keep.

(6) How fun do you think the scenario is? (1-10)
7, with potential for a 9-10. I think the scenario has a good premise. It was very exciting to explore the map the first time, but then a bit more tedious trying to find out how to match the objectives the second and third time. The time limit felt a tad short on normal difficulty; I finished on my third try by moving Dacyn to the stronghold on turn 29/30.

(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?
With some changes I think this would turn into one of the most fun scenarios of the campaign for me. My suggested changes are:

1. Specify that there are two enemy leaders to kill.

2. Maybe add a few hints in the dialogue about the general location of the keeps (these may be vague to keep it exciting) and the stronghold.

3. Find a way to distinguish the keeps from the stronghold. Maybe some dialogue when discovering the keeps for the first time could help in this regard.

4. Increase the turn limit. This would make it more plausible to take good time exploring the map, not having to do trial and error runs to locate the keeps and stronghold. Even knowing all the locations beforehand, I found the turn limit a bit too short.

5. Maybe make the map just a tad smaller or more linear. Reducing the walking distances from east to west and from the gryphon keep to the stronghold would eliminate a couple of dud turns.

LordWolfDan

Re: Scenario Review - EI 11 - Lake Vrug

Post by LordWolfDan » November 9th, 2018, 6:36 am

(1) What difficulty levels and game versions have you played the scenario on?

- 1.14.5, Easy

(2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10)

(3) How clear did you find the scenario objectives?

- Not that clear. It took me a while to realize that Dacyn has to get to some keep on the north

(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?

- I feel like it needs some polishing, otherwise it's ok

(5) What were your major challenges in meeting the objectives of the scenario?

- Surviving the troll wave on the bridge. Almost lost two red mages on it

(6) How fun do you think the scenario is? (1-10)

(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?

- Change from gryphons to some other enemy units, possibly undead, and make them be in the keep Dacyn has to move to. Luckily for Dacyn, these wouldn't understand that keep is not a random keep, but some kind of school of secrets