Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

Delicius169

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Delicius169 »

I do agree, lighting agility is useless now. I liked it before nerfing, I dont know why it was nerfed thought...
ItsDaKoolaidDude

Post by ItsDaKoolaidDude »

More often than not, before nerf, it allowed me to get the slow but much needed powerhouses to the front or where I needed them most.
You spent the entire game, going in circles! It's like the equivalent of Homer Simpson doing cartwheels on the kitchen floor, and you still won?! -Johnny (BSC)
Whiskeyjack

Post by Whiskeyjack »

I think it was nerfed because I reported the possibility to get a Gryphon Rider with a quadrillion movement points after Legacy of the Free, AMLAs, item stack and Hit + Run (I´m in part 1 and can at max cover 31 hexes in one turn without going all out on those stats - could go up to at least 40 I think).
It didn´t affect the Gryphon too much though but hurt other units (especially dwarves/HI) pretty badly. I do think the nerf to 1 mp is fine (with something like Fleshrending Scorge or the axe that gives +3 MP you could easily get Dwarves up to 12/13 MP which is awesome, but a little over the top) but it´s just to pricy now. Before getting movement speed was just to easy to come by, but not getting the right items can now severely cripple some units - at the end of chapter 3 a lot of my units are still stuck on 5 MP right now while others can easily go 9/10 hexes. They only ever reach the fight if I intentionally leave units alone for them to snack up.

An even pricier second movement armor with +2 MP and some stats for part II would be nice though, because movement speed in inferno is not as op as in earlier times. IMO making Lightning Agility cheaper and a stronger item for part two would be the best call. The other item with at least one emerald/amethyst/?sapphire? in the cost list (or even 2-3 of those) as they are rare in part one and you couldn´t really build anything like that before chapter 3/4 - and then sparsely.

Edit: Elvish Juggarnaut uses the ranged tag in its bow AMLAs and thus stacks with Dragon Legacies. (And in case of the marksman AMLA it actually removes slows and cone because of the mode=replace)
Under blood-red skies, an old man sits
In the ruins of Carthage - contemplating prophecy.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I have returned the +2 MP of Lightning Agility. I haven't changed the price.

Fixed the Elvish Juggernaut bow error.

If you want to get the updates fast, get the github version.
rebhuhn

Post by rebhuhn »

Purely an informational question as I was able to complete the scenario easily without this, but in Chasing Dragons, I could not free the Ancient Warriors. You get two chances to push a button and I tried a huge number of combos. I used 8 different units. All I ever get is "Nothing Happened". As I said, didn't need them to complete the scenario, but it's frustrating to know something should happen and not be able to make it so. I haven't seen any other posts about this, which makes me think I must be missing something really obvious, but whatever it is continues to escape me.

If someone could give me a spoiler hint, just to scratch my curiosity itch it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
MrNevino

Post by MrNevino »

rebhuhn wrote:Purely an informational question as I was able to complete the scenario easily without this, but in Chasing Dragons, I could not free the Ancient Warriors. You get two chances to push a button and I tried a huge number of combos. I used 8 different units. All I ever get is "Nothing Happened". As I said, didn't need them to complete the scenario, but it's frustrating to know something should happen and not be able to make it so. I haven't seen any other posts about this, which makes me think I must be missing something really obvious, but whatever it is continues to escape me.

If someone could give me a spoiler hint, just to scratch my curiosity itch it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I f you right click and click on Campaign help then click on wlakthroughs and find the scenario, he gives you the combo you need to press
rebhuhn

Post by rebhuhn »

Thank you. Did over half the combos, just hadn't tried that one yet.
Whiskeyjack

Post by Whiskeyjack »

I think Akula´s Lightning AMLA is turned around. You can raise the damage once and then get 12 more attacks :D
Under blood-red skies, an old man sits
In the ruins of Carthage - contemplating prophecy.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Fixed. Thanks for reporting.
rebhuhn

Post by rebhuhn »

I'm using Version 1.12.5 . I just finished Dealing With Trolls. When the game tries to load Invasion, it gives the following error:
Error while reading the WML: Duplicate definition of side 6.

I went back and replayed the last of Dealing With Trolls to see if it recreated, and the problem occurs every time.

Anyone have any idea why I'm seeing this? I've attached the Invasion.gz file
Attachments
LotI1-Invasion.gz
(331.03 KiB) Downloaded 168 times
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Get the latest version of the add-on and it will work. I have fixed that error recently. The appearance of this kind of error never depends on how you play (unless you somehow avoid the scenario).
rebhuhn

Post by rebhuhn »

Thanks for the fast response, as you said, the update fixed it.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

hi, so, i decided to post you a new sprite for Reaper:
reaper.png
reaper.png (6.74 KiB) Viewed 5382 times
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

:shock: That looks amazing! Can't wait to see him animated.

On a darker side, it has a minor dissonance with game mechanics, where it/he's supposed to float (and Spectre must have an advancement that has no direct disadvantage compared to it). I could create an alternative advancement for Spectre to make a use of the brilliant sprite. Something like:

Dark Angel
Hitpoints: ~60
Melee damage: 11-4 drains
No ranged attack
Movement, defence and resistances somewhere between smallfoot and undeadfloat
Can use armour
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Dugi wrote: Dark Angel
Hitpoints: ~60
Melee damage: 11-4 drains
No ranged attack
Movement, defence and resistances somewhere between smallfoot and undeadfloat
Can use armour
Dugi wrote::shock: That looks amazing! Can't wait to see him animated.
thanks!, about anims, i can just copy-paste some of the spectre's attack anim's scythe movement
Dugi wrote:On a darker side, it has a minor dissonance with game mechanics, where it/he's supposed to float (and Spectre must have an advancement that has no direct disadvantage compared to it).
thanks for the nitpick, how about something like this, maybe?:
reaper.png
reaper.png (6.77 KiB) Viewed 5374 times
EDIT:tested the sprite in-game, it turned out too low, so i made it higher:
reaper.png
reaper.png (8.63 KiB) Viewed 5371 times
EDIT:another small position tweak:
reaper.png
reaper.png (8.87 KiB) Viewed 5361 times
Last edited by ForestDragon on August 7th, 2016, 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic