Official Steam Greenlight discussion thread

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Andrettin

Re: Official Steam Greenlight discussion thread

Post by Andrettin »

Awesome news! I'm really happy for Wesnoth! :)
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

galneon wrote:Congrats. Once someone from Valve reviewed it, they said "WTF, this wasn't on Steam already?!? Are you kidding me??? APPROVED."
:lol: ^_^ nice!
Chewan

Post by Chewan »

@ Sudipta » The Second Golden Age of Wesnoth awaits us !!!
wave.gif
wave.gif (16.91 KiB) Viewed 5311 times
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Chewan wrote:@ Sudipta » The Second Golden Age of Wesnoth awaits us !!!
wave.gif
third actually :lol:
explanation:
Sire

Post by Sire »

Congratulations once again, especially on the speed of being greenlit!

Best of luck on your efforts for 1.14!
Current Projects: [Sire's Scenarios] || [Red Winter Reborn]
Scaramush

Post by Scaramush »

And what about wesnoth android port? Will it update to 1.14 or remain 1.12?
max_torch
Inactive Developer

Post by max_torch »

Scaramush wrote:And what about wesnoth android port? Will it update to 1.14 or remain 1.12?
as a guy who has had the android port for quite some time i can tell you that so far it doesn't take long for the maintainer of the android port to update it to the latest version.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Congratulations on getting the Steam Greenlight! :mrgreen:

I had one question: can I still download future version clients from Sourceforge? I am distrustful of Steam since they cheated me when I purchased ESO...
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

Yes, we will continue to release regular downloads on Sourceforce alongside Steam.
Creator of Shadows of Deception (for 1.12) and co-creator of the Era of Chaos (for 1.12/1.13).
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
What happens when you get scared half to death...twice?
FelixMage

Post by FelixMage »

Lord-Knightmare wrote:Congratulations on getting the Steam Greenlight! :mrgreen:

I had one question: can I still download future version clients from Sourceforge? I am distrustful of Steam since they cheated me when I purchased ESO...
There shouldn't be a way for Steam to cheat you on a free game like Battle for Wesnoth though.
Aldarisvet
Translator

Post by Aldarisvet »

wave.gif
I think that actually it would be The Third Golden Age because the second one was because of tablet revolution. I myself would never knew about Wesnoth if not it would be ported on Android. Only after playing Wesnoth on tablet I started playing it on PC. Well, Android revived/refreshed many old games that was ported from PC and became demanded again. Possibly Wesnoth survives also because of geeks using Linux/Ubuntu, but I think that in general for Windows audience Wesnoth was unknown for years. Possibly Steam will break this barrier.
facebook.com/wesnothian/ - everyday something new about Wesnoth
My campaign:A Whim of Fate, also see it's prequel Zombies:Introduction
Art thread:Mostly frankenstains
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Aldarisvet wrote:
wave.gif
I think that actually it would be The Third Golden Age because the second one was because of tablet revolution. I myself would never knew about Wesnoth if not it would be ported on Android. Only after playing Wesnoth on tablet I started playing it on PC. Well, Android revived/refreshed many old games that was ported from PC and became demanded again. Possibly Wesnoth survives also because of geeks using Linux/Ubuntu, but I think that in general for Windows audience Wesnoth was unknown for years. Possibly Steam will break this barrier.
yeah, i am using Linux too, btw, and found out about BfW as one of the default games
kurt751

Post by kurt751 »

Aldarisvet wrote:I think that in general for Windows audience Wesnoth was unknown for years.
Most likely still is.
I'm like ForestDragon, green and scaly, err, I mean I found it suggested in my Linux Software manager. If I wasn't a Linux user I would never had heard of it in the first place, although I'm a fan of such kind of games. I didn't spot it on the Android Play Store either, too much competition.

My point is, it's an excellent game, but unless you stumble upon it by chance you won't even know it exists. It does need some advertising (and oh my do I hate advertising). Word-of-mouth and such, not stupid in-you-face ads everybody blocks.
GunChleoc
Translator

Post by GunChleoc »

I'm on Windows and I found BfW when looking for Open Source games that can be translated. It as very prominent in that search.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

kurt751 wrote:
Aldarisvet wrote:I think that in general for Windows audience Wesnoth was unknown for years.
Most likely still is.
I'm like ForestDragon, green and scaly, err, I mean I found it suggested in my Linux Software manager. If I wasn't a Linux user I would never had heard of it in the first place, although I'm a fan of such kind of games. I didn't spot it on the Android Play Store either, too much competition.

My point is, it's an excellent game, but unless you stumble upon it by chance you won't even know it exists. It does need some advertising (and oh my do I hate advertising). Word-of-mouth and such, not stupid in-you-face ads everybody blocks.
kurt751 wrote:I'm like ForestDragon, green and scaly, err
:lol: :lol: :lol: You made my day!
kurt751 wrote:I mean I found it suggested in my Linux Software manager. If I wasn't a Linux user I would never had heard of it in the first place, although I'm a fan of such kind of games. I didn't spot it on the Android Play Store either, too much competition.

yep, i understand you, that's the main reason to greelight bfw