Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

Maikal

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Maikal »

Turns out Lethalia can't get spiritual transformation either, this save file has her one attack away from getting a redeem option. Spiritual transformation isn't listed as an option. If you need one where Efraim is about to get a redeem option too, it might take a bit (Or I'd have to dig through save files) but he still has the issue.

EDIT: Currently on the ruins of wesnoth scenario, the spiritual transformation option showed up for Efraim (Although I should have been able to get it in chapter 6), don't know if anything's changed for Lethalia.
Attachments
LotI2-The_Desert-Auto-Save52.gz
(1.26 MiB) Downloaded 177 times
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Okay, so the spiritual transformation is obtainable, but the requirements' check is broken. It requires the weapons upgrade, but the notice vanishes even if there is no upgrade to weapon combat. Fixed it.
Sojourner

"I Can't imagine myself entering this horrible..." problem

Post by Sojourner »

I can't get past Pandemonium. I kill all the mobs in the zone, but when I try to enter the next zone I get this message the first part of which is in the subject of this post. I've already killed Lilith in the Foul Pit. I've cleared everything from all the zone, defeated Uria's avatar, and so on. What do I do?

Thanks.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Try to leave the area and come back.
Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

No joy. Still get the same message and cannot proceed north through the wide fortress-like entrance into the next zone.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Do you have Lilith in your party?
MrNevino

Post by MrNevino »

Quick question, I'm not sure if I missed but when you unfreeze those warriors to fight the dragons in Chapter 3, how'd they become frozen? Also I've read about this soul reincarnation thing, I'm in chapter 4, should I be worrying about getting the items for that? And what are the items/skills required?
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

No explanation has been given for the way they've become petrified. It's a potential spin-off hook that I haven't used.

You need no items or advancements to be able to get your units back in chapter 5, you'll just get it. It's explained that they knew it to be a very dangerous thing to play with, but the situation had crossed the godzilla threshold.
Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

No, she's not in my party. After killing her in the Foul Pit there was some dialog that I don't remember too clearly, but I think she said she was going off to fight Uria with the rebel demons or something like that. How do I get her to join my party?
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Spoiler:
Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

Any thoughts on what I might have done wrongly before? I did kill Lilith in her hole, but she didn't join my group.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Spoiler:
Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

Ah, I see. Either the Uriah avatar didn't spawn the first time I entered Pandamonium after killing Lilith -- or more likely I didn't see her because I'd already killed all the garrison troops in that zone. Problem solved.

Thanks.
MrNevino

Post by MrNevino »

Hi again, so I am now in Chapter 6 and randomly during the scenario Across Barren Lands, all my weapons and abilities for Efraim started doing less and less dmg, up to the point that I do a whopping 1 pt of dmg when attacked and I strike back, I reloaded the save, I restarted the scenario, I have also unequipped my stuff then added new ones to no avail. Any idea what it could be?
Whiskeyjack

Post by Whiskeyjack »

That´s the effect of using AoE abilities like whirlwind. They reduce the damage you deal in the following turn(s). If you proceed to use them in back-to-back turns your damage numbers will drop significantly! It´s not permanent and I´m not sure about the exact numbers - I just use AoE-attacks very situationally and usually rely on my standard ones.

Actually, the "Campaign help" button could really use some update here, Dugi! FAQ still lists "Why attacks with weapon specials like whirlwind or explosive don´t give experience for additional targets?" while not providing info on the damage reduction (could also be usefull under "interface" -> "specific calculations").

Edit: Bug!? The Spectral Jet knife (and I assume all other kinds of plague) don´t work when used on the win condition enemy leader. See attached save file. I thought it would be cool to get ghosts this early in the campaign, therefore I set my last kill up... Well I´ll just create one in the next scenario. But having added those special units to your recall list would be kinda nice :)
Attachments
LotI1-Banished_Turn_22.gz
(430.32 KiB) Downloaded 164 times
Under blood-red skies, an old man sits
In the ruins of Carthage - contemplating prophecy.