Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

shadow12

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by shadow12 »

Hi, could you please help me with a couple Questions?

1. I finished Chapter 6 and was hoping to get back my stored items from Chapter 5, but I saw no where to get them back. I was hoping if Efraim and Lethalia could survive the lava, my gear and gems could also, but...is it gone for good? :cry:

2. In Chapter 7, the 2 heroes have "Redeem" weapons. What is the purpose for these weapons?
Are the souls being sent to a purgatory-like place waiting to be brought back, sort of like redeeming a coupon?
Using Redeem, I am only able to kill the weakest enemies. Do I need to try kill stronger enemies?

3. Did anyone else think the blackened Phoenix laying there on the cold tundra looked like a burnt turkey at the weirdest Thanksgiving dinner party ever? :D
Spoiler:
Sometimes life unexpectedly throws a Troll or a nasty Queen Naga in your path.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

1. They survived, but everything they had has been taken by civilisations that rose and fell during the millennia that passed until they awoke.
2. It has a similar effect to soul eater, it unlocks new advancement lines after some number of redeems. Its usage also increases the level of units that can be killed by it.
3. No, but now when you're saying, it really looks like a turkey that was forgotten in an oven overnight :lol:
Chewan

Post by Chewan »

@ shadow12 »
What is the purpose for these weapons? a purgatory? / like redeeming a coupon?
Dugi has explained the technical side, in case you wonder about the metaphysical, magical aspect: they SAVE the condemned souls from the purgatory of an undead life and put them out of their misery – by devouring them, thus entering the inner world of the heroes (as we know from S IV/16: a paradise, apart from a few nasty evildoers). A great benevolence of mutual benefit...
Using Redeem, I am only able to kill the weakest enemies. Do I need to try kill stronger enemies?
Efraim and Lethalia gain the martial powers of the victims recipients of their divine grace and become stronger with each fortifying meal. Alas, gods fail, redeeming is a learned trade! The redeem score in the unit info indicates if/when the saviors are ready for the next upgrade. See LotI-help > redeeming weapon special – essential for survival and being able to kill stronger enemies in future!
blackened Phoenix - a burnt turkey
:lol: Don't blame the cook! They're not after tender turkey meat, the burnt remains will do to scrape off some ashes...
Delicius169

Post by Delicius169 »

Dugi: Nice picture of undressed Lethalia, thought I know, it was Lisar- I saw the picture on the FB.
Redeem vs Souleater.
The biggest diference s, that from begiining you can just attack once a three rounds with your heroes with redeem, and that way not get too many XP on their XP bar. So you can get quite soon the best Redeeming options. It could be usefull, if you would try to make your heroes great spell caster... :-)
shadow12

Post by shadow12 »

Dugi wrote:1. They survived, but everything they had has been taken by civilisations that rose and fell during the millennia that passed until they awoke.
Redeem. It has a similar effect to soul eater, it unlocks new advancement lines after some number of redeems. Its usage also increases the level of units that can be killed by it.
Delicius169 wrote:Redeem. It could be usefull, if you would try to make your heroes great spell caster... :-)
Chewan wrote:the condemned souls from the purgatory of an undead life and put them out of their misery – by devouring them, thus entering the inner world of the heroes (as we know from S IV/16: a paradise, apart from a few nasty evildoers). A great benevolence of mutual benefit...Efraim and Lethalia gain the martial powers of the victims recipients of their divine grace and become stronger with each fortifying meal. Alas, gods fail, redeeming is a learned trade!
Thank you guys for explaining the Redeem. I am intrigued and am going to start working on advancing this weapon. Irdya, is that the name of the place of Paradise within the hero's souls? Efraim said he returned to Irdya, the land from which he came.

It makes perfect sense after you explain it, Dugi, the gear is gone because eons have passed and it has been raided.

I have a crazy idea, it may not be possible, it may be illogical or completely off the wall...but, hey, it never hurts to ask, right? So here goes...
Spoiler:
I think this would solve most of the problems I had with Chapt 6.
Would it be hard to add this? Maybe it's just a pipe dream, but it never hurts to ask!
Sometimes life unexpectedly throws a Troll or a nasty Queen Naga in your path.
Chewan

Post by Chewan »

@ shadow12 »
Irdya, is that the name of the place of Paradise within the hero's souls?
Err... BfW Help > Enzyclopedia > Geography > Irdya
They were in Chillhold, some parallel word, right? Having achieved what they were after, they could go home.
I have a crazy idea...
All well thought out – I myself have always wondered who would lug around the trunk with all those weapons, armors, bulky books, glass bottles and magical tools... There are 300 items, take my word as a bad player: the campaign is winnable without a secret storeroom. It's certainly not easy to fight the whole known world, other- and netherworlds... Starting all over again after a catastrophe is just a minor challenge and makes the long story more interesting and true-to-life. :eng:
Beon_Wyre

Post by Beon_Wyre »

Hi,

what a great campaign!

It's huge, though not boring (yet?) and makes great use of items and AMLA.

One thing i still wonder: How can i pickup items of a dead enemy leader (golden crown) after the scenario ends.
Many times the scenario objective requires all enemy leaders to be killed. Sometimes (just now) the last dead leader dropped a nice item, but i only have the option to "End Scenario".

Am i missing something, or is this just the way it is.

Thanks in advance for your help
(tried to search the thread for a solution, but the search kind of sucks and 372 are too much to scan manually.)

Beon
Chewan

Post by Chewan »

@ Beon_Wyre »
the search kind of sucks and 372 are too much to scan manually
It does, indeed. :whistle:
See: menu > Campaign help > FAQs ;)
Beon_Wyre

Post by Beon_Wyre »

Hi Chewan,

thanks a lot for the quick help!

Too stupid to check the FAQ ingame, sorry!
Wont happen again, read all of them now ;-)

Cheers

Beon
ItsDaKoolaidDude

Post by ItsDaKoolaidDude »

Idk if this has been talked about before (and looking how many pages there are, I'd really rather not go through 2 days looking through that many)
Do the craft combinations Quintessence and Essence of Magic stack? And by what I mean is have 2 Essences as seperate weapons (for example to a Huntsman, dagger and bow) and have the entire armor slot full of Quintessences?
You spent the entire game, going in circles! It's like the equivalent of Homer Simpson doing cartwheels on the kitchen floor, and you still won?! -Johnny (BSC)
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@Chewan
Thanks for replying for me.

@ItsDaKoolaidDude
If you get multiple copies of an item in a set, the set bonuses will be active on each copy.
ItsDaKoolaidDude

Post by ItsDaKoolaidDude »

Dugi wrote: @ItsDaKoolaidDude
If you get multiple copies of an item in a set, the set bonuses will be active on each copy.
So what this would mean is you can have up to 2 set bonuses active if the requirements are met?
And also, how do I fix the damage penalty for units that have only one type of attack?
You spent the entire game, going in circles! It's like the equivalent of Homer Simpson doing cartwheels on the kitchen floor, and you still won?! -Johnny (BSC)
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

ItsDaKoolaidDude wrote:And also, how do I fix the damage penalty for units that have only one type of attack?
Simple: never use AoE, ideally don't even get an attack with it. If my approach seems too radical, I believe I read that 'wrath' helps.
I have a cunning plan.
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

Marginally, yes. Wrath is +1 damage per hit, while something like storm is -20 damage per attack, so unless you are hitting 20 times per attack (berserk might help, but an average unit won't stand up long enough to take 20 storm hits). So overall, wrath make a negligible difference IMO. I've given Leth the Ball of Wrath, and she still hits rock bottom after one round. :annoyed:
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

matsjoyce wrote: :annoyed:
I've replayed near complete turns because I have a hard time breaking my habit of 'just kill that thing' and absentmindedly click on the pre-selected option which too often is whirlwind. :annoyed:
I have a cunning plan.