1.16 SP Campaign: Trinity

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

doofus-01
Art Director

Re: 1.12 SP Campaign: Trinity

Post by doofus-01 »

That sounds like an old version, I don't remember it so well anymore. I think you can push an object onto the markings, or something similar.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.3.18 has been uploaded to the BfW 1.12 server. I have progressed part way through the scenario with Keldan escaping the Mech/Menagerie prison, so changes to Archaic Era should be accommodated up to that point. I suspect there are problems beyond that point.

There was some screwy stuff going on with the AI; I tried to fix it, but I can't guarantee anything. This still needs further updating towards the end.

Archaic Resources has some needed terrain updates.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

doofus-01 wrote:1.3.18 has been uploaded to the BfW 1.12 server.
Or maybe it wasn't...
In any case, 1.3.19 has been uploaded to BfW 1.12 server. I plan to revise the last scenario, but haven't gotten to it yet. Up to that point, it should work though. Some changes require the latest Archaic_Era and Archaic_Resources.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.3.20 has been uploaded to BfW 1.12 server. The last major scenario should be improved now, and accommodate the changes to Archaic Era. The Coda scenario has not been touched yet, I hope to have an update next week.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.3.21 has been uploaded to BfW 1.12 server. There are some fixes to the last playable scenario, Coda. There are also a couple of minor graphics updates and an update to the Russian translation. This campaign should be completely working now.
ahmannar

Post by ahmannar »

Is there any way to know, in the scenario "Landing", the locations where the mortars will fire? i don´t see any visual indication and the first shot landed right at my base, it seems totally random so far.

Edit:Nevermind, it only fired until i moved all units from the base, it was a matter of only recruiting units after the 1 turn.

Edit2: I´m now at "tower:first floor" and when i kill the zombie dragon it´s game over, although there´s nothing in the objectives saying that slaying the dragon will lead to a defeat.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

ahmannar wrote:Is there any way to know, in the scenario "Landing", the locations where the mortars will fire? i don´t see any visual indication and the first shot landed right at my base, it seems totally random so far.

Edit:Nevermind, it only fired until i moved all units from the base, it was a matter of only recruiting units after the 1 turn.
There should be crosshairs that move in a random walk, more or less. If you don't see them, something is wrong. (Or if you mean is there a visual track they follow, then the answer is no.)
ahmannar wrote:Edit2: I´m now at "tower:first floor" and when i kill the zombie dragon it´s game over, although there´s nothing in the objectives saying that slaying the dragon will lead to a defeat.
Yeah, that is strange. Will be fixed. Thanks for notifying me.
JohnB1970

Post by JohnB1970 »

doofus-01 wrote:There was a malformed filter, I can see why you were confused... I'm not sure how that happened, but it is fixed now. Thanks for the save-file. This is a fixed version.
Tri2-Dark_Planet_(III)-Auto-Save24.gz
For anyone else, this is a fixed version of that scenario:
ZA3b_Dark_Planet-IIIb.cfg
I'll fix this in an update on the server, but I just need to make sure this is the only surprise.
I've reached Dark Planet 3 and had exactly the same issue. I downloaded the 'fixed version' and still can't finish the scenario - Nemesis gets to the portal carrying the robot and nothing at all happens, it just continues. The autosave does open up Coda for me, however it isn't my recall list etc. as it's someone else's save.
I have played through Dark Planet 3 three times so far without being able to finish it. Am I wasting my time and should I just use the autosave to continue? Or is there a way I can finish it myself without replaying it more than one more time tops!

Really enjoyed playing through these campaigns by the way. It's nice to have such a variety of sides, though somewhat confusing at times.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

JohnB1970 wrote:'ve reached Dark Planet 3 and had exactly the same issue. I downloaded the 'fixed version' and still can't finish the scenario - Nemesis gets to the portal carrying the robot and nothing at all happens, it just continues. The autosave does open up Coda for me, however it isn't my recall list etc. as it's someone else's save.
I have played through Dark Planet 3 three times so far without being able to finish it. Am I wasting my time and should I just use the autosave to continue? Or is there a way I can finish it myself without replaying it more than one more time tops!
That's unfortunate. I don't have the saves anymore, but I'm pretty sure it worked for me last I went through it. Looking at the scenario file, I don't see how it would fail... Unless you stopped on the "chasm (unwalkable)" terrain around there, and I don't remember if that's possible. If that's the case, just move to the portal steps.

The only other guess I have is that you were not starting from the beginning or didn't restart/reload Wesnoth after updating. After three full tries, that does sound unlikely.

If neither of those sound possible, then I'll need to see your last save-file, where you are stuck.
JohnB1970

Post by JohnB1970 »

Ahhhh ... it might be down to how I start the scenario I guess. I wasn't sure how to go about it (haven't done any editing or writing within Wesnoth, just played it lots!) I found the right place to copy the updated file to and I did close and reopen Wesnoth, but when I restarted the scenario I think I used the autosave beginning. I wonder now if I needed to reload the previous scenario just before I finish it and get into Dark Planet 3 that way? I guess even a turn 1 autosave is going to have the wrong config still?
I couldn't step on the chasm and I know Nemesis is in the right place on the portal steps from watching the ending on the autosave file posted here so I'm pretty sure that isn't the problem.
I might have more of a fiddle when I finish Coda - although with several endings I might be tempted to play that through a few times too! I did find Dark Planet 3 really hard first time through. However, knowing what is needed I had the mechanical dragon picked up by Nemesis on turn 5 last time, much easier.
ahmannar

Post by ahmannar »

Is there some special way to defeat seth on dark planet(II)? It doesn´t seem possible to do it in a conventional way with the amount of life he has.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

ahmannar wrote:Is there some special way to defeat seth on dark planet(II)? It doesn´t seem possible to do it in a conventional way with the amount of life he has.
Yes, there is. It may not be as obvious as it should be, I can't tell anymore, but there is a path on the left side of his chamber that should help.
JohnB1970 wrote:I guess even a turn 1 autosave is going to have the wrong config still?
Yep. The mid-scenario save-files, even turn 1, have most of the old data in them. To get updated data, you need to use the start-of-scenario save-file (the one that has no "turn" in the name, takes you back to all the introductory pages, if there are any, or at least opening dialog). May not be intuitive, but it is how all the BfW game works. Going back to the previous scenario would also work, but should not be necessary.
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Currently playing 1.3.21. In the Trinity 2 Tower First Floor scenario, if I kill the zombie dragon I lose. Is this supposed to happen? It doesn't seem like it's supposed to since Bresda says, "Can we finally dispatch that vile thing?" I thought I might have broken it since I was messing with a few things in debug mode (and for some reason the "Back to Turn" button completely stopped working) but the code for the scenario says the level should end in defeat on the dragons death, so I figured it is probably a bug.

Edit:

Also, on the next playable scenario, Tower - Second Floor (1), the message for when you move next to the left gate is executed even if I already opened the gate. Also, not sure if you can fix this, if the player uses undo after moving onto one of the switches, the gates aren't updated appropriately. So if a unit is moved onto a switch which opens a gate and then the player undoes the move, the gate is left open when it should have been reclosed.
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

In the scenario Second Chances (or Dark_Planet_2c), in the prestart event you have the code:

Code: Select all

# making sure there are enough Khthon
[while]
    [variable]
        name=keldan_khthon_list2.length
        less_than=8
    [/variable]
    [do]
        [set_variable]
            name=rk_type_TEMP
            rand="Elvish Fighter,Elvish Hero,Spearman,Mage,Swordsman,White Mage,Elvish Shaman,Elvish Druid,Yak,Ophis,Tauricorn,Timber Wolf,Prokyon,Snapper"
        [/set_variable]
        [unit]
            side=5
            type=$rk_type_TEMP
            x,y=55,14
        [/unit]
        {ARCHAIC_KHTHONIZE_MAJOR (
            [not]
                race=khthon
            [/not]
            x,y=55,14
        )}
        [store_unit]
            [filter]
                x,y=55,14
            [/filter]
            mode=append
            variable=keldan_khthon_list
            kill=yes
        [/store_unit]
        {CLEAR_VARIABLE rk_type_TEMP}
    [/do]
[/while]
At the end

variable=keldan_khthon_list
should be

variable=keldan_khthon_list2
otherwise wesnoth freezes, uses up loads of memory and never recovers (and neither does anything else unless your handy with Ctrl-Alt-Esc).
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

I've just uploaded 1.3.21.b. to the BfW 1.12 server. It fixes the infinite loop pointed out by matsjoyce, and the unfortunate defeat condition of the dragon, pointed out by mnewton1 and ahmannar. (At least I think it does, I couldn't test it.) Thanks.
mnewton1 wrote: Also, on the next playable scenario, Tower - Second Floor (1), the message for when you move next to the left gate is executed even if I already opened the gate. Also, not sure if you can fix this, if the player uses undo after moving onto one of the switches, the gates aren't updated appropriately. So if a unit is moved onto a switch which opens a gate and then the player undoes the move, the gate is left open when it should have been reclosed.
It should be possible to fix that, but it will be more involved, so it must be saved for some future date.