Brotherhood of Light - Multiplayer RPG Scenario

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

zookeeper
WML Wizard

Re: Brotherhood of Light - Multiplayer RPG Scenario

Post by zookeeper »

Of course, it is quite dishonorable to dishonor the Brotherhood. That said, I'm pretty sure that the XP penalties tend to be small enough that it's usually advantageous to do it (at least if you survive the consequences)... but that's not a very enlightened way to think about it.

There's no way to free the elf after the key breaks, so he's unfortunately doomed to starve in his cell. But releasing him wouldn't have helped you with the other elves.

Whether it's worth it to pay for training probably depends on your characters. If you want to be good at combat then it's surely worth it, and it'd be a good idea if at least 1 or 2 of you had some fighting capabilities. At least get the +1 strikes on your melee weapon, if nothing else.

If by spider cave you mean the one near the corpses where the spider appears from, then sadly, you can't get in.
batt

Post by batt »

Thank you. What I'm shooting for is knowing what is best for he story line and adventure. The fortune teller mentions the grave stone, so I assume I should overturn it. But what about my other questions?
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

batt wrote:Thank you. What I'm shooting for is knowing what is best for he story line and adventure. The fortune teller mentions the grave stone, so I assume I should overturn it.
Does she, really?

In any case...
Spoiler:
batt wrote:But what about my other questions?
Aside from the trapped guy, which I don't recall, they're all pretty much just...
Spoiler:
joreyo

Post by joreyo »

Loving brotherhood of light right now, but me and my friend are stuck. How do i find get the hermit to throw off his costume?
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

joreyo wrote:Loving brotherhood of light right now, but me and my friend are stuck. How do i find get the hermit to throw off his costume?
Try going back to Mayor Jolleson of Hayshore Market and ask him about everything you can.
Pine

Post by Pine »

post_advance event for non-leader units would need to use give_xp event instead of broken manual coding.

Code: Select all

# XP for levelling units

[event]
        name=post_advance
        first_time_only=no
        [filter]
            side=1,2,3,4
            canrecruit=no
        [/filter]

{BOL_SOUND magic-holy-3.ogg}
        [message]
            speaker=narrator
            image=wesnoth-icon.png
            message= _ "<span color='#8888FF'><big>You have proven yourself a worthy leader. (+10 XP)</big></span>"
        [/message]

{VARIABLE xp_amount 10}
        [fire_event]
                name=give_xp
        [/fire_event]
    [/event]
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Pine wrote:post_advance event for non-leader units would need to use give_xp event instead of broken manual coding.
Oh wow, that is indeed broken. Well spotted.
mxb2001

Post by mxb2001 »

Bug report: mage dies while light halo is on has it when reincarnated permanently.

Typo report: King Lyswhatever says seige when telling story about orcs north of the lake, that's siege of course.
01/01/01
Ashmyr

Post by Ashmyr »

"Bug" report:

Last time I played, the Orcish keep in the northwest corner of the map could be used to recruit if the player does not have an era enabled that disables recruits. (So if you were playing on Default, if you got there, you could recruit your normal faction list).
Novice campaign creator.
Developer of "Dwarvish Kingdom" for 1.14.x; intermediate Dwarvish campaign. Any and all constructive feedback, is greatly appreciated! If you have played it, please DM me :)
More campaigns to come soon :)