Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.33

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ravana
Forum Moderator

Re: Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.14

Post by Ravana »

EoC Chaos had too many units already so they were assigned to Dark Legion.
RatArmy

Post by RatArmy »

I didn't notice they are in Dark Legion. Thanks.
Japanese Translator: Mainline components, and some Add-on campaigns...
IPS

Post by IPS »

Also there are many complaints about evil crab line in ageless era in EE chaos, about being a trash unit because of its max 40% defense unit. Well, its durability compared to other cheaper aquatic units is inferior mainly because of its lower defense.

Also, what are the ballance news recently? I'm lost in this time I've gone offline of wesnoth :/
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Just like last years, I do almost no development work other than during summer.

I believe I checked that unit line and changed its movetype to more normal, sometime between 4.12.1 and 4.13.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

So far, most important problem seems to be with khthon, the 30% limit for vector I added doesnt work properly.

I might get something done in the two weeks I have, but unsure yet, focusing on orocia currently.
howwitty

Re: Era of Magic (EoMa) 1.1.1 released!

Post by howwitty »

Screen cap from a Colosseum game today with Ageless RPG Era.

Apparently the Mystic Jinn uses a dimensional vortex which occupies every other hex than the defender's hex.
Attachments
dimensional vortex.png
I'm tired.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

I would say that it is intentional.

If you want to report it to EoMa thread, then use EoMa for the test case as well.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Nordhiris units can walk over unwalkable terrain for a movement cost of 3, I'm not sure if that is intended or not.

Also... lv2 Imperials are kind of badass, shocktrooper has likely 52 hp, 50% flat defense and 30% physical ressistances, apart of 20-2 charge damage and a price of only 32. Imagine how badass would been buying 50% flat defense steelclads but with nerfed damage, that's is extremely tanky.
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Known about Nordhris (not intended I think). Will see about Imperialists when I start working on next version.
Also... lv2 Imperials are kind of badass, shocktrooper has likely 52 hp, 50% flat defense and 30% physical ressistances, apart of 20-2 charge damage and a price of only 32. Imagine how badass would been buying 50% flat defense steelclads but with nerfed damage, that's is extremely tanky.
Reduced shocktrooper physical resists by 10%.
Last edited by Ravana on June 24th, 2016, 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: .
Khadras

Post by Khadras »

Please update your factions with new graphics from War of the Gods Mod and please add new factions from that mod because i see many new faction in War of the Gods Mod and new graphics for units from factions from your mod.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Currently ageless does not use any faction directly from wotg, so please be more specific what units you mean.

From what I have heard wotg has only few factions, though way too large ones. That is not suitable for ageless. Some unit lines might be included as new faction though, if there are suitable ones.

I find that comment especially amusing considering what you said about wotg today
The list of recruits is to big. Please split factions into smaller ones.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Played an Orocia as Yokai faction and noticed that this faction has some issues at later waves. But more than this I found that some units from there are being considerably underpowered (by stats or by XP required to level up or AMLA).

Final result: We've won (too close to defeat), on my side I lost all my units except a Lamia Naitaka.

Some of these observations are these:
1.- There are no arcane resistant or even neutral to this atack type on this faction. So as we meet the first ranged magical atacker on skirmisher wave I lost one of my most tought units and then started a massive colapse.
Possible solution: neutralizing all arcane weakness at Feyborn line.
2.- Kitzune are considerably underpowered. They're only 7-4 ranged magical, no mele. Compared to other mages Kitzune underperforms a lot at not having any mele and lower ranged magical damage (and blade...). Only adventage is being 6 MP and some places in which they have better defense.
3.- Nine Tailed-fox has an ok mele of 7-2 but only 10-4 ranged and if we consider this atack type is blade (which is inferior than arcane, fire or cold) this ranged atack is extremely poor. Would suggest a buff, probably giving her an unique 7-7 blade ranged magical atack or at least 9-5.
4.- Leshi XP of 70 (70% xp) is too overrated XP to reach lv3 for only +12 hp and +3 damage. I've seen units that gains even more damage and health alike for lower XP than Leshi does, defenitively this XP is too high.
5.- Overall Yokai faction is full of units with no lv2 or lv3 that are only stat efficent for their levels, instead of being something special for their corresponding levels.
6.- Sproutling line has terrible resistances overall, poor ranged damage (except Mandragora which doesn't has lv2) and all can't use mele offensively. They are built to give tankyness to Yokai faction, but they have a way too many weaknesses, even -20% to blade&cold alike.
7.- The faction lacks of late game potential because of having only four units between 3 different lines of lv3 in the whole faction.
8.- Pixie line are ok for their corresponding levels but their potential as unit is just fairly weak because not even a lv2.

There are a lot of things that needs revision on this faction, but I marked most important of them. All of these things make Yokai faction really impopular just because of being obviously underpowered faction.
Last edited by IPS on March 28th, 2016, 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

I agree, I will reference this post when preparing to change.
Last edited by Ravana on June 22nd, 2016, 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Referenced
IPS

Post by IPS »

There is a bug in Ryu line in which the 5-4 from the lv1 is still mantained as an aditional weapon at lv2 and lv3, I'm not sure if that was intended or not, but I guess it's not.

Also about the Ice rune imrprover at Enchanters faction, he has a 4-10 ranged atack, nerfing his RPG and Orocia potential a bit by changing it to 5-8. Same fact to Rune mage from changint his 3-10 to 4-7 at lv3 and at lv4 to 7-7. A bit too much damage potential for being just a simple healer, isn't it?

Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Yes, Ryu situation is oversight.

Ice Rune improver was until recently 2-20, but I guess changing it further to 5-8 wont hurt much.

However, Rune mage damage should remain. If anything, then the healing should be removed from these 2 units, to make other advancement paths also useful.
Last edited by Ravana on June 24th, 2016, 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Done