Affably Evil

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dugi

Re: Affably Evil

Post by Dugi »

I will wait for confirmation from other players before I do any changes.
Wussel

Post by Wussel »

Later there are heroes who do not take gear. You giving 2 hero like recalls for the dungeon. Fowleri is taking all her gear with her and returns without it? Mad version cannot be geared later too. There was a funny typo at the end, but I forgot.

No more Oedipus story? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oedipus

Is there some general strategy on gear? I like to get up to 8 or 9 moves and good move types. A drain-serker built would be awesome. I remember you said once: never learn from books, because to expensive.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Later there are heroes who do not take gear. You giving 2 hero like recalls for the dungeon. Fowleri is taking all her gear with her and returns without it? Mad version cannot be geared later too.
Who? I am quite sure that the mad Folweri could pick up gear. Can you please attach a save file so that I could investigate?
There was a funny typo at the end, but I forgot.
Let's hope somebody will remember.
No more Oedipus story?
Although it showed how badly was Fowleri messed up with grief, it's been found to be too controversial.
I remember you said once: never learn from books, because to expensive.
I do remember writing that, but I meant that it only applies to LotI leaders. Books' advancements increase the maximum experience by 20% like for most units, but the experience of LotI leaders increases less and thus books are nor worth it for them.
ydcl

Post by ydcl »

Sorry if my question is idiot. But in "dead menace" scenario, I can't touch Lucretia, and when I think I've kill all the others leaders nothing happen. Is there some special issue ?
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

You have to step next to her with a unit. It will trigger a dialogue. If that doesn't help, please upload a save file so that I could have a look at it, but I have no idea how might it break.
ydcl

Post by ydcl »

ok thanks, the dialog works. But I need to know, we have to complete the objective, before or after the dialog ? Because I've 3 leaders and nothibg happen.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Meet her before defeating the enemy leaders. If you end the scenario, you will not see her again. If you don't meet her, you will not have a useful unit and miss a few dialogue parts, but otherwise it shouldn't be anything serious.
ydcl

Post by ydcl »

ok, done, thanks
SlyVenom

Post by SlyVenom »

I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but I love the game so far, but I had to franken-shop some portraits together to match the mainline portraits, as the 3D was too contrasting for me to immerse myself in the story

I'm sure someone can shop something together better than this, but I wanted to share incase anyone else was having the same issue I was with the 3d renders.
Feel free to incorporate what you like, I used all open and mainline art (as far as I know, some of it came from the add-on server.) (Fowleri_batshit.png.png)
Krux and Acanthamobea
Krux.png
Krux.png (243.43 KiB) Viewed 8161 times
Acanthamoeba.png
Acanthamoeba.png (194.25 KiB) Viewed 8161 times
Merged 6 consecutive posts - Ravana

*edit* I adjusted the size of Antipator's head to make him more human looking, changed Prion's body to help blend the head better and fixed the angle on Mad Fowleri's Axe.
Everyone Else
Antipater.png
Antipater.png (251.56 KiB) Viewed 8129 times
Prion.png
Prion.png (234.78 KiB) Viewed 8129 times
Fowleri_batshit.png
Fowleri_batshit.png (162.16 KiB) Viewed 8129 times
Last edited by SlyVenom on November 25th, 2015, 2:32 am, edited 6 times in total.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Franken protraits have a fundamental flaw that the angle of incidence of light is different on each portrait (this affects more or less all frankenstein portraits, I have never seen a correct one, it's particularly visible with the axe of your last frankenstein). Also, the styles change. These little details are not visible when looking from distance (or unfocusing my vision), but they are very disturbing and uncanny when looking at them normally. The Elvish portraits look more hand-drawn and cartoonish, with less detail while the human ones have much more detail. This sharply affects your frankenstein Fowleri.png and partially also Prion.png. Sizes and positions of body parts are generally very hard to set correctly, which makes your Antipater.png look like a dwarf and Prion.png's beard oddly placed.
This is usually not visible on sprites because they are small enough to hide many oddities like style differences or different angles of light incidence and their proportions are cartoonish and hide small discrepances in body part sizes, but portraits are different.
The first two, Krux.png and Acanthamoeba.png, do look good. Krux.png reminds me of Jon Snow quite significantly, but that's not important. No plagiarism can be suspected as Krux has a completely different personality and job.

However, there's another problem with that. The story images. Most characters participate in more than one story image. The ability to re-use the same models many times was the main reason why I used 3D graphics. Even if all your franken portraits were okay, the massive difference between the appearances of characters would make it hard to match them.

So, I am not taking your portraits, but I might pack them on the top post and write that anyone who doesn't like the 3D portraits might use these.
SlyVenom

Post by SlyVenom »

I fixed some of the other portarits, but this one bugged me the most, so I decided to use a human base for Fowleri, I think the is less jarring to the eye than my last horrible attempt at her.
Fowleri
Fowleri.png
Fowleri.png (279.65 KiB) Viewed 8129 times
(I fixed some of the files, but it would only let me have 5 attachments to a post, so I had to post again to get the last picture reattached.)
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

The style difference is quite visible still.
Jeffers0n

Post by Jeffers0n »

You could use Acantha's portait for Delly in LoTI though, it is the same style as LoTI's portraits
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Yes, but the sprite will need some changes, though joining Efraim with female Assassin could do the job.
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

Thx for this campaign, Dugi!

I didn't even know it existed until you told me about it.

I generally enjoyed playing it, though some of the story is really outlandish, and - as in TBC - I didn't really like the 'auxiliary' units. Fortunately, hacking & slaying my way through it on easy, I didn't have to use them much. :)
I have a cunning plan.