Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

Derth

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Derth »

Dugi wrote: @Derth
If you are so upset about it, I can make some undead female (it would not have any effect on appearance) so that temptation would differ (maybe the temptation colouration could depend on gender).
Not actually upset about it, I just tend to get a bit technical about things. And as I already said, if it would require you to spend an inordinate amount of time on it or you'd really just rather not bother, those are both perfectly reasonable responses.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@Limpun
So they are not so invincible. Don't worry too much, the update will not take as long as the previous one.

@dabber
It could be done, but the UI would not show it. You'd see the full movement of the unit like if it was a skirmisher, but it would not reach as far when you send it, often ending next to some enemies. Trapping units. I think that it's not the best way to implement it and I can't think of another.

@Derth
It's absolutely easy to do.
Delicius169

Post by Delicius169 »

Derth,
I have a feeling, that you have the first version of 3.1.14, in which you cannot counterattack on demons with distanat attack (when you attack them, you have no strikes)
This bug has been already fixed by Dugi, you just have to download the campaing again.

Dugi,
If you dont like the suggestion about Lethargy I have made (and I understad why), than still the main problem of Black souls is theri damage, they werent strong enough to hurt me. I know there is a spear with skill wich on each hit gives +5 aditional damage (and doesnt care about resistances). It could be nice thing for them to have (on high difficulty).
dabber

Post by dabber »

Delicius169 wrote:than still the main problem of Black souls is theri damage, they werent strong enough to hurt me. I know there is a spear with skill wich on each hit gives +5 aditional damage (and doesnt care about resistances). It could be nice thing for them to have (on high difficulty).
Black Souls get +50% attacks and +50% damage. I've played them at +100% attacks and +200% damage and still survived, although it got "interesting". I think they absolutely should be changed to +100% damage, and probably {QUANTITY 100% 150% 200%} damage.
I meant to suggest this previously and apparently forgot.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@Delicius169
Maybe I could add wrath on hard.

@dabber
Are you sure that would not be too much? Have you fought them for long enough with the fixed lethargy?

@Derth
Delicius169's statement is not correct. I have not uploaded the fix to that bug yet.
Delicius169

Post by Delicius169 »

I know that what I meant to say was right. Maybe I just havent explained myself corectly.
Last post of page 298 says:
arobinson wrote:Hey Dugi, thanks for the update. Found a large issue with the new version. The "distant attack" property on demons also applies to defense. As a result, it is possible to make these demons invincible. See the screenshot. Either this should have a defense weight of 0 or the range of the attack should be changed. The description hints that it should be the former: "when this attack is used the enemy will not counter"

My guess is that this:

Code: Select all

#define WEAPON_SPECIAL_DISTANT_ATTACK
    [attacks]
        id=distant attack
        name= _ "distant attack"
        name_inactive= _ "distant attack"
        description= _ "When this attack is used, the enemy will not counter."
        description_inactive= _ "When this attack is used, the enemy will not counter."
        value=0
        apply_to=opponent
    [/attacks]
#enddef
should have a:

Code: Select all

active_on=offense
added to it?

With this picture:
http://forums.wesnoth.org/download/file ... &mode=view

One of the way how to fix it, is to download again version of 3.1.14 LOTI
So, Derth, If you meant this problem, than I am right, if not nevermind it.

Edit: To wrath:
I am not sure about it. I have feeling it is stronger then improvement of lethargy I have suggested (but it would be easier to put it into the game?).
Wrath ads +1 damage to base damage, or to which damage? I know that to my Efraim, it counted +1 to the damage overall, but when he was next to my leader, his damage increased much more faster in nonlinear way.
Shinigami936

Post by Shinigami936 »

What units can get highlander? I've found it on fencers and spearmen so far, I'm assuming all humans can get it, but anything else?
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@Delicius169
Do you see that added line in your file? If yes, then you're right and re-installing the add-on should help.

@Shinigami936
Any unit can get that trait. It's just very rare.
Wussel

Post by Wussel »

How are you making the trait very rare? Can you put chance somehow?
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

No. When a unit is created, a piece of code is run that has a small chance to replace one of the traits with the highlander trait.
Wussel

Post by Wussel »

Where to look at that code? Sounds really usefull to me.
dabber

Post by dabber »

dabber wrote:Black Souls get +50% attacks and +50% damage. I've played them at +100% attacks and +200% damage and still survived, although it got "interesting". I think they absolutely should be changed to +100% damage, and probably {QUANTITY 100% 150% 200%} damage.
Dugi wrote:@dabber
Are you sure that would not be too much? Have you fought them for long enough with the fixed lethargy?
I played Sepulcher of the Nefarious at least 3 times, using only 8-10 units, and didn't have trouble. They had +100% damage at least one of those times. While I do think my force is absurdly strong, the effect of lethargy is greatly mitigated by using more units and rotating the front line, so I had room to play "better". At least up their damage to {QUANTITY 50% 75% 100%}
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@Wussel
Search for the keyword in utils/global_events.cfg.

@dabber
Fine.
dabber

Post by dabber »

Heart of Ice is supposed to give slow to ranged attacks, and it does this via "[specials_ranged]". But that tag doesn't seem work with any unit that uses the same weapon for both melee and ranged (Dwarf Protector, Dwarf Hero, Human Javelineer, Merman Spearman).
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

That's a part of the design. They are considered melee weapons, so they are affected by [specials_melee] instead.