Where can I find animations images?

Discussion of all aspects of the website, wiki, and forums, including assistance requests and new ideas for them.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

matrix

Where can I find animations images?

Post by matrix »

Hello,

I have found the database unit for Wesnoth at http://units.wesnoth.org/ but there is no animation.

Where can I found all animations of characters?

thx you.
Ceres
Forum Regular

Re: Where can I find animations images?

Post by Ceres »

I'm assuming you're looking for gifs of the units' animations or something of that sort? I'm pretty sure that's not a thing, but the frames for each animation can be found in <your BfW folder>/data/core/images/units/<faction name> (if you don't have it installed, you can also find them here).
matrix

Post by matrix »

I prefer sprite or image by image than gif.

Yes I already look at in the files game, but there is only "standard units". Not the animations for lower version and not the animations for add-on units...

Why database not include the animations frames?
beetlenaut
Developer

Post by beetlenaut »

Images for add-on units are in the add-on folders. With BfW 1.12, you can find your add-on folders in Preferences-->Paths. If you want images from an older version of Wesnoth, you need to download it.

The animation frames are not in the database because the person who made the database didn't include them. Everybody who works on Wesnoth only does as much as they want. Everybody is a volunteer.
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide
matrix

Post by matrix »

No problem^^

It's just tedious to install all add-on, one by one, it's the reason I ask the question here.

I will install it^^

thx.

PS: do you know a add-on with "angel" unit?