Wesnoth 1.13.0

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Kraus

Re: Wesnoth 1.13.0

Post by Kraus »

Once again with Northern Rebirth.

In The Pursuit once I reach the Lich's lair the invisible barrier doesn't go down. I tried to search the whole cavern, pushed the button at the end of the canal way, but nothing happens.

This time I don't have a plan to advance further without a secondary win condition.
Attachments
NR-The_Pursuit_replay.gz
(101.35 KiB) Downloaded 551 times
"Oh, to the hades with the manners - he's a complete [censored], and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De'Arnise
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

Xara wrote: 1. In scenario "A Haunting in Winter", the Dwarvish spotting enemy words are spoken by a ghost, or skipped if no ghost is recruited.
2. In scenario "A Small Favor", the alert is triggered when a guardian is sighted by the player.
3. In scenario "Alone at Last", Darken Volk only recruited for one turn. He went out to grab a village, and stayed there, till his death.
1. I'm not sure what you mean. I did fix a bug in master where the line spoken by the dwarf when you sight him was spoken by the player. Is that what you're referring to?
2. That is the expected behavior.
3. I'll fix this. Fixed.
Konrad2 wrote:Northern Rebirth
“Breaking the Chains”
no early finish bonus

“Infested Caves”
the first dwarf who is recruited begins a dialogue with Tallin, I believe that this is realted to bug #23458
Mal That, the white undead leader, moves in turn one to take the village on 21,8 and moves in the second turn to the keep on 23,11 and stays there → he can recruit only one unit per turn and consequently dying in turn 7 vs the brown trolls

the Dwarvish Stalwarts impair greatly Hamels income → they hurt him more then they are of use
Fixed the issue with no bonus in NR scenarios 1, 2.1, and 3 in master. Also gave no upkeep to Hamel's guards. I'll look into the other stuff.
Kraus wrote:It's a funny piece of dialogue - I never even met Hamel when the wizard comes hopping in, and he's still a part of the exchange of words. That's some weird consistency when you can finish a largish scenario without ever meeting some of the key figures of the campaign.
I'll see about improving that dialog bit. You do speak with him in the next cutscene, so its implied you meet him offscreen. But I agree he shouldn't speak from the shadows.

As for the issues in S2.1 and S5, I'll work on those as well.
Creator of Shadows of Deception (for 1.12) and co-creator of the Era of Chaos (for 1.12/1.13).
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
What happens when you get scared half to death...twice?
Xara

Post by Xara »

vultraz wrote:1. I'm not sure what you mean. I did fix a bug in master where the line spoken by the dwarf when you sight him was spoken by the player. Is that what you're referring to?
2. That is the expected behavior.
1. I guess it is what I referred to. I checked the code, the line is spoken by the sighting unit, which in my case was the ghost. And I must have overlooked Malin's saying the line when I didn't recruit a Ghost.
2. You changed the trigger condition, but you didn't change the dialogue to inform the players of it. The Dark Volken still says "Our forces are not strong enough to take the whole city", so "stay hidden as long as possible" and "make a run for it" when things goes bad. But with this trigger condition, it's impossible to stay hidden and avoid battling the full strength of the city. It turned out to be a uncomfortable surprise for me because I've already recruited my troops under wrong assumption. Btw, I triggered the event with a Nightgaunt, who shouldn't be seen by a guard.
It pronounces Sha'ha, not Zara.

Feedback Thread of my Add-ons
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

I seem to have screwed up the filter for the event. It was set to 'when side 1 sees side 2', when it should have been 'when side 2 sees side 1'. I've fixed the filter, so they won't be able to spot nightgaunts now, and the dialog is still relevant
Creator of Shadows of Deception (for 1.12) and co-creator of the Era of Chaos (for 1.12/1.13).
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
ancestral
Inactive Developer

Post by ancestral »

The packages are now available for OS X.

Currently there is an OS X 10.6–10.9 package, and a separate package for OS X 10.10 Yosemite. Note that we are officially dropping support for users of older Mac operating systems.

There are two known issues which we are actively investigating:
  • A user interface issue exists where fonts are not drawn in the correct font, using Helvetica instead of Deja Vu Sans (#23560).
  • A crash-to-desktop bug at the main menu affects OS X 10.10 Yosemite users (#23559), and a separate build is available which should work.
Please PM me or find me on IRC if neither build works for you.

As an alternative, you can also build Wesnoth using homebrew.
Wesnoth BestiaryPREVIEW IT HERE )
Unit tree and stat browser
CanvasPREVIEW IT HERE )
Exp. map viewer
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

General
you can't droid or undroid sides in single player anymore

Northern Rebirth
“Infested Caves”
Shroud is enabled for the blue trolls
no early finish bonus (even though I cleared the caves)

“To the Mines”
no early finish bonus when you kill the goblin leader, even though it clearly said in the objectives that there is an early finish bonus for killing the goblin

“Clearing the Mines”
one ghoul spawns outside of the canal (28,10)

“The Pursuit”
The revenant on 19,21 answers Tallin at the beginning, which makes no sense
The undead leader guarding the Prisoners does not recruit at all to defend them, because he has no gold
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

Konrad2 wrote: Northern Rebirth
“Infested Caves”
Shroud is enabled for the blue trolls
no early finish bonus (even though I cleared the caves)

“To the Mines”
no early finish bonus when you kill the goblin leader, even though it clearly said in the objectives that there is an early finish bonus for killing the goblin

“Clearing the Mines”
one ghoul spawns outside of the canal (28,10)

“The Pursuit”
The revenant on 19,21 answers Tallin at the beginning, which makes no sense
The undead leader guarding the Prisoners does not recruit at all to defend them, because he has no gold
Thanks for reporting. Has now been fixed in master.
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Northern Rebirth
“The Pursuit”
when I free Elenia, the unit freeing her is grieving over the fact that I don't have healers, that I freed Father Morvin already doesn't matter (only when Sister Theresa is already freed Elenia is being helped)

Father Morvin and Sister Theresa retain their XP after dying, where before they lost all XP whenever they die

why is on 11,23 a draug(in the Treasury)? All other guardians are revenants

after walking through the tunnel from the Prison nothing is said or happens when I arrive where the orange undead leader is (I don't know if something is supposed to happen, but I thought that my unit would at least say something)

after a number of deaths Father Morvin and Sister Theresa stop saying something when they die (I didn't count, sorry :( )
after dying a few more times they say something again, but then they stop once more

no halo for illumination

the tunnel to the treasury is a fail xD
I suppose that 8,14 or 9,14 should have been turned into terrain, but instead 7,14 is being turned into cave, which is pretty useless

upon spotting the first blue draug, the draug on 26,13 says that my army is attacking the study and that they have to call the reserves
but then he also says “'The master's study' eh? I bet we'll find Malifor there!” which was the line for stepping the first time onto the sign at the beginning of the tunnel
also no reserves are being called

spider spawning on 3,3 (cavewall)

15,10 and 16,11 are impassable for no reason

you can step onto the “door” to Malifors study (maybe thats the reason the the impassable doesn't get removed when you open the door?)
on 23,9 and 23,10 and 24,10 you are asked if you want to open the door and I'm not sure if 23,9 shouldn't be 22,9 instead

Malifor has no money to recruit when I break into his study (I went there over "The Great Chamber")

do you know that User Made Campaign “Birth of a Lich” (at least I think thats the right name)
it has a nice story for how Malifor turned into a lich and I would like it if Abhai and Elenia would say the same :( (of course that is not a bug, just a personal preference)
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

Seriously, thanks for your continued testing of NR :) Greatly appreciated.
Konrad2 wrote:Northern Rebirth
“The Pursuit”
when I free Elenia, the unit freeing her is grieving over the fact that I don't have healers, that I freed Father Morvin already doesn't matter (only when Sister Theresa is already freed Elenia is being helped)
Will fix.
Father Morvin and Sister Theresa retain their XP after dying, where before they lost all XP whenever they die
I changed their death event so they just teleport away rather than 'bringing the other back to life', since that is basically necromancy. :P This is an unintended side effect, but I don't think it's an issue.
why is on 11,23 a draug(in the Treasury)? All other guardians are revenants
I made another treasure guard a Draug in master to balance it out.
after walking through the tunnel from the Prison nothing is said or happens when I arrive where the orange undead leader is (I don't know if something is supposed to happen, but I thought that my unit would at least say something)
This was an extension of the issue where side 4 had no gold. I screwed up the code to give enemy sides gold on sighting, and I had forgotten to add an event for the orange side. He now has a dialog line and gold in master.
after a number of deaths Father Morvin and Sister Theresa stop saying something when they die (I didn't count, sorry :( )
after dying a few more times they say something again, but then they stop once more
This is deliberate. They die a lot over the course of the campaign, and having them repeat the same lines of dialog over...and over...and over... gets tedious. They now only speak the first 7 times they die. Really not sure why they would start speaking again. That's not supposed to happen.
no halo for illumination
What do you mean? Where?
the tunnel to the treasury is a fail xD
I suppose that 8,14 or 9,14 should have been turned into terrain, but instead 7,14 is being turned into cave, which is pretty useless
Derp. Fixed.
upon spotting the first blue draug, the draug on 26,13 says that my army is attacking the study and that they have to call the reserves
but then he also says “'The master's study' eh? I bet we'll find Malifor there!” which was the line for stepping the first time onto the sign at the beginning of the tunnel
also no reserves are being called
Removed that dialog line. I'll think about how best to add reserves.
spider spawning on 3,3 (cavewall)
Fixed. Kudos for testing on Hard. :)
15,10 and 16,11 are impassable for no reason
Did that to prevent shroud being cleared over those hexes to give a sense that those tunnels were dark and you couldn't see the end of them.
you can step onto the “door” to Malifors study (maybe thats the reason the the impassable doesn't get removed when you open the door?)
on 23,9 and 23,10 and 24,10 you are asked if you want to open the door and I'm not sure if 23,9 shouldn't be 22,9 instead
You're right, it should have been 22,9. Fixed. I also screwed up with the impassable overlays and had them in the wrong location ( :doh: ), so that's why you can step on the doors and the overlays were not removed. Fixed as well.
Malifor has no money to recruit when I break into his study (I went there over "The Great Chamber")
I just tested, and he does get extra gold when you break in. Not sure what happened for you...
do you know that User Made Campaign “Birth of a Lich” (at least I think thats the right name)
it has a nice story for how Malifor turned into a lich and I would like it if Abhai and Elenia would say the same :( (of course that is not a bug, just a personal preference)
I recieved a PM about this just earlier, actually. The story is interesting, but we don't usually make UMC stories canon unless the campaign itself is going to be mainlined, so I'm sticking with the exposition I wrote for Abhai.

Again, big thank you for finding these bugs :D
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
beetlenaut
Developer

Post by beetlenaut »

vultraz wrote:
Quote wrote: Father Morvin and Sister Theresa retain their XP after dying, where before they lost all XP whenever they die
I changed their death event so they just teleport away rather than 'bringing the other back to life', since that is basically necromancy. This is an unintended side effect, but I don't think it's an issue.
I think it would be much better if they did lose their XP. If they don't lose it, leveling them is totally inevitable and even easy. If they reset when they teleport away, the player has to be careful not to let them die for a while if they want to level them, making it a tactical decision.
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

beetlenaut wrote:
vultraz wrote: Father Morvin and Sister Theresa retain their XP after dying, where before they lost all XP whenever they die
I changed their death event so they just teleport away rather than 'bringing the other back to life', since that is basically necromancy. This is an unintended side effect, but I don't think it's an issue.
I think it would be much better if they did lose their XP. If they don't lose it, leveling them is totally inevitable and even easy. If they reset when they teleport away, the player has to be careful not to let them die for a while if they want to level them, making it a tactical decision.
thats how it has been before, which i reported it :)
vultraz wrote:
no halo for illumination
What do you mean? Where?
when you level up a white mage, he has no halo, the halo only appears when you reload or the next scenario starts
vultraz wrote:
I just tested, and he does get extra gold when you break in. Not sure what happened for you...
maybe because he was so hard in minus gold (to many guardians stealing him money) that the given gold didn't matter

Northern Rebirth
“Elvish Princess”
the primary objective is letting the turns run out, the secondary objective is to free the princess and there are no losing conditions(I am pretty sure that there should be only one winning condition – rescuing the princess – and “Turns run out” should be the losing condition)
as evidence for this being wrong, when turns run out an orc says something about me trying to free the princess and Tallin says that they were to late → and then I won the scenario ._.

“Introductions”
the first troll I do spot says “Hey look, it's a troll!”
I suppose the unit spotting him should say it instead of the spotted troll

“Stolen gold”
when it is the turn of side 6 (drakes side) on turn 1 the incomplete objectives of this side are being shown “Defeat enemy leader(s)”
this happens just before Krash flies away

when Elenia is being killed Eryssa doesn’t care what seems illogical to me

I don't like the fact that there is no early finish bonus, it is not fun to finish the scenario in turn 17 and get no prize for it :( (I decided to spend the last 19 turns idle because im not a stark raving mad player who thinks he can beat the next scenario with 150 gold per leader)
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

Konrad2 wrote:
beetlenaut wrote:I think it would be much better if they did lose their XP. If they don't lose it, leveling them is totally inevitable and even easy. If they reset when they teleport away, the player has to be careful not to let them die for a while if they want to level them, making it a tactical decision.
thats how it has been before, which i reported it :)
Hm... well, you guys might have a point.
when you level up a white mage, he has no halo, the halo only appears when you reload or the next scenario starts
This is a wesnoth bug, I think, not an NR bug.
maybe because he was so hard in minus gold (to many guardians stealing him money) that the given gold didn't matter
Will fix.

Northern Rebirth
“Elvish Princess”
the primary objective is letting the turns run out, the secondary objective is to free the princess and there are no losing conditions(I am pretty sure that there should be only one winning condition – rescuing the princess – and “Turns run out” should be the losing condition)
as evidence for this being wrong, when turns run out an orc says something about me trying to free the princess and Tallin says that they were to late → and then I won the scenario ._.
Fixed. It's deliberate that you can advance even if turns run out, though.
“Introductions”
the first troll I do spot says “Hey look, it's a troll!”
I suppose the unit spotting him should say it instead of the spotted troll
Fixed
“Stolen gold”
when it is the turn of side 6 (drakes side) on turn 1 the incomplete objectives of this side are being shown “Defeat enemy leader(s)”
this happens just before Krash flies away

when Elenia is being killed Eryssa doesn’t care what seems illogical to me

I don't like the fact that there is no early finish bonus, it is not fun to finish the scenario in turn 17 and get no prize for it :( (I decided to spend the last 19 turns idle because im not a stark raving mad player who thinks he can beat the next scenario with 150 gold per leader)
I haven't gotten this far in my cleanup yet, but I'll keep it in mind.
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
beetlenaut
Developer

Post by beetlenaut »

Since you're working on this now, I would like to suggest something: The first time I played this, I didn't know the mages couldn't die because I was careful with them! I missed out on using their skills as a tactic. Could you add a message to that effect somewhere? Maybe when you pick the second one up they could explain it.
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

there has been something I wanted to know for some time
from where is the second picture(from left to right) in the first post?
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

Konrad2 wrote:there has been something I wanted to know for some time
from where is the second picture(from left to right) in the first post?
After the Storm Episode 3, Scenario 7.1 - "Dark Fire"
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!